collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208933 times)

Offline passitsideways

Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1245 on: April 16, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »
France is Amavi's natural environment. He was talked about as a really hot prospect, but no so hot that he can look remotely like a professional footballer in the Chumps League. Total gash. Gana engineering a move to Everton was a masterstroke of good fortune.

What was fortunate about it? He played well for us (no, really, he did - winning the ball back at an exceptional rate and being tidy on it with the occasional stray pass was what he did for us, and it's what he's getting plaudits for currently at Everton) and got a move based off those good performances, because as it turns out PL clubs are smart enough to separate the individual from the broader picture.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1246 on: April 16, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »
we were the fortunate party. He wasn't that good for us in reality and we got back a reasonable fee from Everton - which is more than we are going to do with Amavi, for example.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1247 on: April 16, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
Having watched a fair few Everton games, I would say there's really been no discernible difference between his performances for them and his performances for us - he wins the ball, plays it short, occasionally gives it away in a dangerous position; yet if he went on the market now, he'd fetch 25-30 million.

That's not an amount we had the leverage to get last summer, but we still robbed ourselves blind by including that release clause for basically the ideal EPL defensive midfielder.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #1248 on: April 16, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
Awful player. Sell him.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1249 on: April 16, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
He had a bad one yesterday, but I would keep him

Offline MorrisNielson

« Reply #1250 on: April 16, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
Never recovered from taking out an old bloke with a wayward shot in the warm up.
It was quite impressive as the bloke was sitting at least half way up the Lower Holte.
I thought at the time ‘at least thats his one bollox-up for the day’. How wrong I was.
(the bloke was ok, the stewards went over to him. Amavi went over a couple of times with a gestured apology)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1251 on: April 16, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »
Didn't the Doc reject a £25mil bid for him in the summer? if so - that's a stupid decision.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1252 on: April 16, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Didn't the Doc reject a £25mil bid for him in the summer? if so - that's a stupid decision.

The Doc said he'd rejected a £25m bid for him.  There's a difference!

I am another who wanted Amavi to succeed.  I saw his debut against Bournemouth at the start of last season and he was the best player on the pitch.  He looked amazing.  But since his injury he's looked a shadow of that player and its getting close to the point of him leaving being the best solution for both us and him.

Another one bites the dust.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1253 on: April 17, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
I saw his debut against Bournemouth at the start of last season and he was the best player on the pitch.  He looked amazing.  But since his injury he's looked a shadow of that player and its getting close to the point of him leaving being the best solution for both us and him.

Doesn't look the same player.  Appears to be carrying a lot more weight than when he first came here.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1254 on: April 17, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
I saw his debut against Bournemouth at the start of last season and he was the best player on the pitch.  He looked amazing.  But since his injury he's looked a shadow of that player and its getting close to the point of him leaving being the best solution for both us and him.

Doesn't look the same player.  Appears to be carrying a lot more weight than when he first came here.

Players coming here and then adding a few pounds seems to be a common theme....

Online LukeJames

« Reply #1255 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »
As does players looking decent when they first sign for us until we get them on the training pitch and coach whatever talent they previously had out of them.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1256 on: April 17, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »

Players coming here and then adding a few pounds seems to be a common theme....
Yes pounds on their waist and pounds in their pockets. Got skinned time and time again today, we definitely need an upgrade.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1257 on: April 17, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »
Doesn't want to be a Villa player. Doesn't want a 25mil price on his head and he's doing a good job of getting out of the club and depreciating his value.

Disappointed with him because I thought he was a good player.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1258 on: April 17, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
The backwards clearance for a corner from 20 yards or so up the field was a new idea

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1259 on: April 17, 2017, 09:17:32 PM »
I'm disappointed in Frank for thinking Amavi was a good player

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal