collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 209037 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1065 on: December 29, 2016, 11:20:17 PM »
He makes at least one big error in each game, looks good going forward but he's a terrible defender.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1066 on: December 29, 2016, 11:21:31 PM »
He makes at least one big error in each game, looks good going forward but he's a terrible defender.

Amavi is not a terrible defender!

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1067 on: December 29, 2016, 11:22:32 PM »
He's been really poor the last two games, having said that the majority of us have been saying that he's not a defender for well over a year now, left sided midfielder all day long.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1068 on: December 29, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »
He has been very dodgy last two games but still one of the better more skilful players in our team. 

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #1069 on: December 29, 2016, 11:39:50 PM »
I suspect his head is elsewhere and almost gone given his performance the last two games

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1070 on: December 29, 2016, 11:53:12 PM »
Amavi is still feeling his way back from a severe cruciate knee ligament injury. Bruce reckons we'll see the best of him after 6 months competitive football. I trust SB's opinion rather than some knee-jerk comments on here.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1071 on: December 30, 2016, 01:22:50 AM »
The one thing that he needs to cut out of his game is trying to turn a player when he is running back towards his own goal.  He hasn't got the strength and gets bundled off the ball.  Having let the player get away from him, he did well to recover and get a partial block on the ball to lift it up on to the bar.

He was caught a few time tonight because of not getting help from Ayew and Baker at times.  This meant that he was caught in no mans land and the ball was played past him to the wide player.  Ayew did some tracking back but started to fade the longer the game went on.  Baker stepped up too far at times and left a big hole between him and Amarvi.

To sell him now would not be a good move as it will be difficult to bring in a player of equivalent quality.  We may have money in our pocket but it would weaken the team in this position.  If we don't need the money, why sell.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1072 on: December 30, 2016, 07:47:42 AM »
Who's this Amarvi fella? Is he better than Amavi, because I haven't seen much to convince me he's all that. For a defender he makes an awful lot of errors.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1073 on: December 30, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
He was his own worst enemy last night. In a position to clear the ball but tried to be too clever about it. He has to recognise the fundamental part of being of full back is defending and that there is little wrong with clearing into touch if needs be. It happened two or three times, one of which presented that chance where he fluffed it and hit the bar.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1074 on: December 30, 2016, 08:25:17 AM »
He's been one of our best players until the last couple of games, I'm prepared to cut him some slack and not call him terrible, Crap or average.

I see him as actually rather good.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1075 on: December 30, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
He's a good player, miles from the finished article people expect him to be after a decent start to the season. He's miles more reliable than Aly Cissokho - who, is a total waste of space.
I wonder if this transfer talk has unsettled him a bit?
I do wish he wouldn't try and play his way out of trouble, sometimes we need to safety of row Z, or a hoof up the pitch.
Still, I don't think we should be rejecting £25mil for him.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #1076 on: December 30, 2016, 09:10:10 AM »
He's been really poor the last two games, having said that the majority of us have been saying that he's not a defender for well over a year now, left sided midfielder all day long.

Amavi in midfield with cissokho behind him would give us a much better balance

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1077 on: December 30, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »

Amavi in midfield with cissokho behind him would give us a much better balance
Cissokho should be nowhere near this team; his positional sense is absolutely terrible.
Amavi had a really good first half last night and I was amazed and how his last 20 minutes just fell apart: he needs to concentrate and do the simple things (like, pass back to his keeper rather than try and jink his way out of trouble).

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1078 on: December 30, 2016, 10:35:33 AM »

I don't think any club would even contemplate offering us £25m if he was a terrible defender.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1079 on: December 30, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »

I don't think any club would even contemplate offering us £25m if he was a terrible defender.

I've been saying it for months, he's a full back who can't defend. Even the French play him as a winger because of it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal