collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208816 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #855 on: July 09, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Amavi is a raw talent.  Made some really poor mistakes last season, but does have promise.
I totally agree.I've seen flashes of brilliance from him and a couple of howlers. Palace away springs to mind. But he is definitely a talented left back and great for the club if we can keep hold of him. Great teams always need a quality left back.

I insisted at the time that goal at Palace was the fault of Guzan, and everything Guzan did subsequently only strengthened that view.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #856 on: July 09, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »
Amavi is a raw talent.  Made some really poor mistakes last season, but does have promise.
I totally agree.I've seen flashes of brilliance from him and a couple of howlers. Palace away springs to mind. But he is definitely a talented left back and great for the club if we can keep hold of him. Great teams always need a quality left back.

I insisted at the time that goal at Palace was the fault of Guzan, and everything Guzan did subsequently only strengthened that view.
Your right. One of Guzans many blunders last season. Last minute of the game an we need him to waste a bit of time and launch it into a corner. But no not Guzan, he takes it quick and rolls it short to Amarvi who was not expecting it.Im not blaming Amarvi but he did miss control the ball and allowed Scott Dann of all people to rob the ball off him and that led to the winner. Calling it a "howler" by Amarvi was a bit unfair of me. To be clear i'd have to call it 95% Guzans fault and 5% Amarvi.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #857 on: July 09, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »
I disagree.  I am a very big fan of Amavi but your apportionment of blame is undoubtedly being clouded by your current views on the respective players.  It wasn't the wisest move by Guzan, but Amavi should have been able to deal with it.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #858 on: July 09, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
I disagree.  I am a very big fan of Amavi but your apportionment of blame is undoubtedly being clouded by your current views on the respective players.  It wasn't the wisest move by Guzan, but Amavi should have been able to deal with it.
So how would you apportion the blame for that particular shitfest of a goal?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:01:37 PM by The Edge »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #859 on: July 09, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »

50:50.  Being kind to Amavi.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #860 on: July 09, 2016, 01:11:50 PM »

knew you'd say that lol.
One thing i think we can agree on is that Guzan is consigned to the Villa history books. Id like to thank him for 2 good seasons before his labotamy. im really hoping that we can keep hold of Jordan Amarvi.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #861 on: July 09, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »

knew you'd say that lol.
One thing i think we can agree on is that Guzan is consigned to the Villa history books. Id like to thank him for 2 good seasons before his labotamy. im really hoping that we can keep hold of Jordan Amarvi.

One word. Amavi.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »
amavi will be a quality player

as a left sided midfielder, too much of a bottler for a left back and following his injury he will be less inclined to put his foot in

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2016, 02:03:25 PM »

I agree.  From Guzan's pass Amavi's options were to take the player on or put the ball into touch.  Had the dribble been successful we'd have had a break on so I think he made the right decision, just executed it badly.  On the flip side, Guzan's pass was both the wrong decision and badly executed, pausing long enough to allow the opposition to read the pass.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #864 on: July 10, 2016, 02:51:14 PM »

knew you'd say that lol.

One word. Amavi.
Noted.

Offline peter w

« Reply #865 on: July 11, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »
They were both to blame. Guzan should have taken more time and if the pass was on when players were set in position then pass the ball. Once Amavi received the ball and realised that he was in trouble he could/should have passed it back to Guzan to launch it. Guzan's led to the Amavi mistake, Amavi's led to the goal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #866 on: July 11, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
I like Amavi.

Should be good this season as long as his pace hasn't been disrupted by the bad injury. He will be a good player in the championship, maybe POTY.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #867 on: July 22, 2016, 01:49:48 AM »
If Liverpool are indeed going to make an offer as is being widely reported, we should be asking for 16m plus in the current market. I really hope he stays and gets himself back up to speed here, but if he is off we need to maximise what comes in for him and spend it wisely.

Offline KRS

« Reply #868 on: July 22, 2016, 05:37:41 AM »
I've read the reports of the Liverpool vultures circling around Amavi, but surely he's a big risk to take on the basis that he can't defend properly and returning from a long term injury...surely there are better options available for Liverpool if they are genuinely looking to do well next season.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #869 on: July 22, 2016, 08:00:52 AM »
Wages may be a problem unless we ask Liverpool to offset something as part of the deal, but I wonder if we could take Lucas and Flannagan as part of any deal.  That said, it's a big risk spending that much in a player who has been out for so long. He will be a great player though one day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal