collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208792 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #825 on: June 29, 2016, 11:44:57 PM »
He'll stay, I've thought that all along.  I'd personally keep him at full back though, I like full backs who can really offer something going forward and he definitely does that.  He needs to improve in defence but he won't do that by being played further forward, however 45-50 games at a lower level where he can settle into the style of football played in England without every mistake being so heavily magnified will help him massively.

Online KRS

« Reply #826 on: June 30, 2016, 12:49:04 AM »
He should stay...he owes us at least one season after being out injured and picking up his wages for so long.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #827 on: June 30, 2016, 01:00:22 AM »
He should stay...he owes us at least one season after being out injured and picking up his wages for so long.

You state "picking up his wages" like he did so without being entitled to it. And I don't get "for so long". Surely by the terms of his contract we paid him out of an obligation, and it was irrelevant that he was injured.

Online KRS

« Reply #828 on: June 30, 2016, 02:04:54 AM »
Of course he's entitled to his wages whilst being out injured, but I don't think its wrong to expect or be entitled to a bit of loyalty from a player in return considering he's been on the treatment table for most of the time since joining the club.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #829 on: June 30, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
I'd play him on the right wing, cutting in.

Yours faithfully,

Roy Hodgson.
Playing a wide player to break up narrow teams is excellent suggestion Roy but I would thing you will play Gestede in that position?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #830 on: June 30, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »
Lucky boy by getting injured when he did he became our best player last season.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #831 on: June 30, 2016, 07:44:42 AM »
Of course he's entitled to his wages whilst being out injured, but I don't think its wrong to expect or be entitled to a bit of loyalty from a player in return considering he's been on the treatment table for most of the time since joining the club.

So if you were offered another (better)  job after being off sick you'd say no because your current employer paid you sick pay?

He owes us nothing.

I do hope he stays though.

Online KRS

« Reply #832 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
Let's not pretend that footballers don't have different work scenarios to the rest of us...for a start he's on a ridiculously good salary and under contract. If I remember correctly it was a 5 year contract too.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #833 on: June 30, 2016, 08:47:11 AM »
his focus will be getting into the 2018 french world cup team.

he needs to be playing first team football, hopefully he stays for at least a season.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #834 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
Let's also remember he has a career to think about and he came over here to play football in the top flight and at some point get into the French national side. It wasn't his plan to play in the Championship.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #835 on: June 30, 2016, 08:54:32 AM »
Let's not pretend that footballers don't have different work scenarios to the rest of us...for a start he's on a ridiculously good salary and under contract. If I remember correctly it was a 5 year contract too.

And the only reason that will change is if somebody meets the valuation that either his contract stipulates or that the club decides.

It's not a case of him just upping and leaving.

Online KRS

« Reply #836 on: June 30, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
Exactly.

Like a few others signed last summer, Amavi is an exciting prospect and has good potential. With the right management and coaching, a season in the Championship may actually benefit a lot of these players progress and development, and we'll be all the better for a return to the Premier League at the first time of asking. *fingers crossed*

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #837 on: June 30, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »
Evra is getting on. There's a real opportunity for Amavi to make himself a fixture for the national team, although he will struggle to do that playing the Championship.

Anyway, I can't see him going anywhere, because any potential suitors will want to see if the injury has had any lasting effect before making a move.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #838 on: June 30, 2016, 07:57:12 PM »
If we could keep him and ayew, they'd be amongst the best players in the league for me

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #839 on: June 30, 2016, 08:17:01 PM »

You state "picking up his wages" like he did so without being entitled to it. And I don't get "for so long". Surely by the terms of his contract we paid him out of an obligation, and it was irrelevant that he was injured.

yes me lord, innocent until proved an nzogbia

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal