collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208962 times)

Offline Confusious says

Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #750 on: November 13, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
Just wondering if he is having a scan in France, does the French F A pay for his treatment also his wages to the Villa because he was on international duty

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #751 on: November 13, 2015, 02:16:05 PM »
I remember seeing David Platt come out of VP on crutches with his leg in plaster, and still be fit to play in the next game.

Was that after the 6-0 cup game against Port Vale in 1990? It was reported at the time that Aspin's tackle (it was a terrible challenge from behind) had broken Platt's leg.

And then we played Leeds in the week, if memory serves, and Platt made a miraculous recovery.

Ask me about a game from last season and I couldn't tell you anything!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #752 on: November 13, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »
Just wondering if he is having a scan in France, does the French F A pay for his treatment also his wages to the Villa because he was on international duty
Probably be some kind of insurance from some of the costs.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #753 on: November 13, 2015, 02:50:33 PM »
I remember seeing David Platt come out of VP on crutches with his leg in plaster, and still be fit to play in the next game.

Was that after the 6-0 cup game against Port Vale in 1990? It was reported at the time that Aspin's tackle (it was a terrible challenge from behind) had broken Platt's leg.

And then we played Leeds in the week, if memory serves, and Platt made a miraculous recovery.

We were poor.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #754 on: November 13, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »

We were poor.

That's why he can't remember

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #755 on: November 13, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
Well Bennett is on loan until Jan at Bournemouth, if Amavi isn't fit i'd be tempted to get him back, Don't want Lescott playing there for long or Richardson

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #756 on: November 13, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
I just hope fingers crossed it's not too serious and he'll be back for the Everton game.

Offline peter w

« Reply #757 on: November 13, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »
Not ideal but at least if we go down he can't just up and leave...anyway his defensive performances have contributed to our league position so I'm sure we'll cope.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #758 on: November 13, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Not ideal but at least if we go down he can't just up and leave...anyway his defensive performances have contributed to our league position so I'm sure we'll cope.

:o

Strange post.

Offline peter w

« Reply #759 on: November 13, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »

Strange post.

In a shopping centre on a phone in a kids soft play. Heavily abridged. First bit tongue in cheek second bit meant to point out that although promising him being out shouldn't alone create a panic. Its unfortunate, for him and us, and he has been bright but I think we can cover his absence.

Offline avfcdale

« Reply #760 on: November 13, 2015, 05:20:29 PM »
It will be a plus if he even plays again this season, looks very nasty 20 to 30 years ago a potential career ender

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #761 on: November 13, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »
Does anybody know anything about Lewis Kinsella? I know he went out on loan to Luton for a couple of months at the end of last season. He signed a one year extension to his contract in the summer and Sherwood had him in the squad once or twice.

His twitter account hardly endearing with comments like his latest, "Be selfish loyalty is overrated people take advantage" and the rest is like that of a 12 year old. I couldn't find out anything about his time at Luton other than he overhits his corners.

Anybody?

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #762 on: November 13, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »

Strange post.

In a shopping centre on a phone in a kids soft play. Heavily abridged. First bit tongue in cheek second bit meant to point out that although promising him being out shouldn't alone create a panic. Its unfortunate, for him and us, and he has been bright but I think we can cover his absence.

I'm inclined to agree. Defensively he has been found out a number of times and is still learning the ropes . I think we shouldn't struggle to find adequate cover.
I hope the injury isn' t too serious.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #763 on: November 13, 2015, 08:09:24 PM »

That was it. We stood in the pissing rain to try and get his autograph. Imagine.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #764 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »

Strange post.

Strange post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal