collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208769 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #630 on: October 24, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »
Richardson over Amavi. I think tactic Tim has lost the plot

I like Amavi and think he could become a very good player but he is prone in going into his shell. Whereby he stops making the runs and stays in his own half. For once I think Sherwood has done the right thing by giving him a little breather.

Offline Ormy Droid

• Oh I do like to be beside the seaside
« Reply #631 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »
He's been arguably our most threatening player, and while I understand he's been a bit rash in his decision making at times, and cost us a few goals, why not play him left midfield/wing? while he's maturing. Better than bloody Gabby, or Sinclair down that flank. But I get the feeling the team selections now are all prejudiced by Timmy's (false) narrative that the club didn't give him the players he wanted in the summer to explain why he failed/got sacked so miserably.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #632 on: October 24, 2015, 02:29:42 PM »
Yeah, dropping the one player in the side who puts in the type of crosses that Gestede needs to bring in a guy who has made just as many mistakes but also can't cross makes perfect sense.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2015, 08:25:48 PM »
You couldn't make it up.

It's like he wants to knock off falling into every trap and cliche before he gets the boot.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #634 on: October 24, 2015, 08:31:12 PM »
Richardson was at fault for the 2nd goal. Got sucked infield which left Barrow or whoever it was the freedom of the left to cross it in.

He also pissed me off messing around and conceding a corner right at the end which finished the game.

Bring Amavi back.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #635 on: October 24, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
Richardson was at fault for the 2nd goal. Got sucked infield which left Barrow or whoever it was the freedom of the left to cross it in.

He also pissed me off messing around and conceding a corner right at the end which finished the game.

Bring Amavi back.

Crime against hair as well

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #636 on: October 24, 2015, 08:34:40 PM »

Bring Amavi back.

Richardson was knackered, it was obvious well before the goal, he got booked for bringing down the sub Barrow who is shite by the way but was made to look like Messi by the tiring Richardson. It was just stubbornness of the manager not to change things and shows he needs to go. Amavi, Richards and Gana have been our best three players, how the feck he is left on the bench is a disgrace.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #637 on: October 24, 2015, 08:37:51 PM »
I agree with you Ormy, his team selections appear to maximise the use of players he inherited and minimise the use of those foreign players bought in during the summer. He seems to be shoring up his claim that none of it is his fault.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #638 on: October 25, 2015, 12:37:33 AM »
They were there to be had out wide defensively as well. Amavi's pace would have been an asset.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #639 on: October 25, 2015, 12:38:27 AM »
I thought tactics didn't want them to be scared of making mistakes either? Well you make a couple and if you aren't one of his signings you're fucked off for an old clogger who was shit 5 years ago nevermind now.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #640 on: October 25, 2015, 01:37:07 AM »
I thought tactics didn't want them to be scared of making mistakes either? Well you make a couple and if you aren't one of his signings you're fucked off for an old clogger who was shit 5 years ago nevermind now.

It might also help if he didn't slag them all off after every game and accept no responsibility for himself.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #641 on: October 25, 2015, 06:26:41 AM »
Thought Richardson did ok actually.  He certainly wasn't the worst of our lot. 

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #642 on: October 25, 2015, 07:04:30 AM »
Yesterday the bloke next to me said this lad Barrow is quick, (I had never heard of him) so it proved to be and with both Lescott and Richardson on the left hand side it was like taking sweets from a baby.

Offline liam

« Reply #643 on: October 25, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »
I thought Richardson was ok today, but after he was booked even my 11 year old said swap him for Amavi as he wont keep up with Barrow. It was that obvious. he was shattered and on a booking,

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
Looks like Amavi may have done his ACL in the France game tonight. I've only seen one picture on Twitter but it doesn't look good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal