collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 209005 times)

Offline Jockey Randall

Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
It's written before the game last weekend but still an interesting article on Amavi...

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/t6gdczbjq0aps9k9iocqwa/Show/Player-Focus-Amavi-Rapidly-Emerging-as-Villa-Fan-Favourite

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #616 on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
I like Amavi but he needs to cut out the basic errors of conceding silly free kicks around our box and generally getting Schooled once or twice a game .
Like I say before he's like an unrefined Ashley Cole and could be brilliant next season

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
I think he is more suited to being a left sided midfielder/winger

I like him but he bottles too many challenges for me and defensively I'm not overly impressed

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #618 on: October 07, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »
i like him, there has been some superb deliveries, but so many silly little errors and lapses at the back... but he's 21 and finding his feet in a stronger league.

it's arguably a steeper learning curve in a struggling team. if we were winning matches, no one would be overly bothered.

Offline KRS

« Reply #619 on: October 07, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
He seems increasingly unwilling to beat his man and get down the wing these last few games...obviously the few occasions that he has done, he's nailed a cross onto Gestedes' head so it may be going relatively unnoticed.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #620 on: October 07, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »
Like many of signings he's been brought in and not developed yet. The idea is he's coached into a top player. He's bought with sell on value again like the others. Its frustrating unless win a cup he be off to arsenal or man city in a few years. Though a big money signing to psg in exchange for zlatan in January would be out of this world.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #621 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
Like many of signings he's been brought in and not developed yet. The idea is he's coached into a top player. He's bought with sell on value again like the others. Its frustrating unless win a cup he be off to arsenal or man city in a few years. Though a big money signing to psg in exchange for zlatan in January would be out of this world.

Oh Dear. Skillz, your recent posts were showing signs of great maturity, much like SoccerHQ when he came through the H&V youth system a decade ago and quickly learned to cut out the FootballMangerisms and flghts of fancy. This, though, is a clear backward step. 

No more patronising, promise.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #622 on: October 23, 2015, 11:39:56 PM »
It's as if Tim Sherwood has no end to his laughable decisions he's been justifying why Amavi is now behind the deadly Kieran Fucking Richardson at LB. Apparently he's been looking at individual players and the mistakes they've made yet players like Westwood remain constants in the side. Guzan will play tomorrow and I have no doubt Gabby will be back in also. It's fucking mental.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #623 on: October 23, 2015, 11:43:46 PM »
I'd love to see his first half vs second half stats. It's like somebody drugs him at half time.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #624 on: October 23, 2015, 11:44:46 PM »
I thought he said he didn't want players to be scared of making mistakes? He's talking gobbledegook again.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #625 on: October 24, 2015, 04:28:53 AM »
I'd love to see his first half vs second half stats. It's like somebody drugs him at half time.

are you talking about Amavi or Sherwood?

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #626 on: October 24, 2015, 06:22:08 AM »
If Tim wants to eliminate individual errors I trust he's been looking in the mirror too.

Offline MONCABA

« Reply #627 on: October 24, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
Richardson over Amavi. I think tactic Tim has lost the plot

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #628 on: October 24, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »
So of all the problems we have had this season and all the shite we have had to watch, the one player he has chosen to single out is Amavi, who, in spite of some mistakes, has generally been one of more capable performers.

Smacks of an arrogant man making a point about the transfer policy.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #629 on: October 24, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »
Richardson over Amavi. I think tactic Tim has lost the plot

I actually want TS to succeed but stuff like this drives me mad. It's nuts. I'd genuinely have Joe Bennett over Richardson. In fact, I think Lenny Bennett would be a better choice....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal