collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 209061 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Jordan Amavi CONFIRMED
« Reply #525 on: August 09, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
maybe a little early to say it but I can see him going very far, very composed player.

Cool as a cucumber. What a debut! Most touches by any player 76, 10 tackles won. Stopped Bournemouth's attacks down his side (especially first half) and then countered it with his own. My MOTM. I have high hopes. Fingers crossed he's not a Tony Moon false dawn.

Offline supertom

« Reply #526 on: August 09, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
If we're talking potential players we'll double or treble our money on in a couple of years, I think Amavi looked the one of our new signings. He looks like the sort of fullback who'll eventually end up at somewhere like Arsenal etc. The other players looked largely okay, but we're perhaps their level, but of course we'll see how Veretout develops and whether he lives up to his U-20's hype.
But Amavi, some positional issues aside looking very good. As the game wore on he gained in confidence and made some fantastic surging runs. I think we've got Left back right this time.
Gueye impressed me too. Went about his job efficiently. He definitely looks like a Premiership player. Probably not a top 4-6 player, but he could be a solid player for us for 3-4 years hopefully.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #527 on: August 09, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
Don't want to get carried away with a promising debut, as we've seen plenty of them over the years -Cissoko last season being a case in point.

But this chap and Veretout were the two signings I was most pleased with.

The fullback position used to be seen as something of an afterthought.  O'No thought it was quite OK stick centre halves or reserve midfielders there.

But it is probably one of the most important positions in any team now, so it makes sense to prioritise that with one of your best players.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #528 on: August 09, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »
Throw enough left backs against the wall and one will stick. Was Bouma our last decent one?

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #529 on: August 09, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
The fullback position used to be seen as something of an afterthought.  O'No thought it was quite OK stick centre halves or reserve midfielders there.
Don't forget forwards.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #530 on: August 09, 2015, 06:13:30 PM »
Apparently he was getting slaughtered on Talkshite at half time for not being able to defend. Not sure by who as I only read about it. Clowns.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #531 on: August 09, 2015, 06:41:24 PM »
Armavi, Veretout and Gueye look players to me, and proper players as well. And I don't think it will take them long to settle in...

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #532 on: August 09, 2015, 08:46:48 PM »
He came with a huge reputation and in each game he has played you can see why. Apart from all that he seems like a good lad as well.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #533 on: August 09, 2015, 09:05:23 PM »
I think he'll be the star signing from this summer, his pace and ability to beat his man nudge him up a level from most fullbacks in the league but he can defend as well, which is good for a player like him at his age.  There are a few positioning issues but he'll learn.  My favourite thing though is that he's always on his toes and looking to get across the front of his winger and intercept the pass, I like it because it forces teams to think a bit before sliding balls into the wingers feet and if they go long the aforementioned pace is very useful.

Offline kiddylion

« Reply #534 on: August 10, 2015, 12:21:44 AM »
Apparently he was getting slaughtered on Talkshite at half time for not being able to defend. Not sure by who as I only read about it. Clowns.

Moose (Abrahams) was there for talksport & you can write what he knows about football on the back of a postage stamp

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #535 on: August 10, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »
Amavi will be a top player.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #536 on: August 10, 2015, 08:15:16 AM »
Armavi, Veretout and Gueye look players to me, and proper players as well. And I don't think it will take them long to settle in...

I think they are that good, they wont be here for very long. But as long as we continue with the buying quality philosophy it doesn't matter.
The important thing is having somebody who can spot them, Tim looks pretty good at it.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #537 on: August 10, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »
Playing week in week out the way he did on Saturday Amavi will get us over double what we paid back in a very short space of time. Really did look the part. 8.26 on who scored, man of match on the fantasy league site too.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #538 on: August 10, 2015, 10:06:24 AM »
Yeah he does look like he'll be top four quality very soon. Maybe even next season.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #539 on: August 10, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »

Moose (Abrahams) was there for talksport & you can write what he knows about football on the back of a postage stamp

The Moose slaughtered him at the end of the first half and then after the break admitted he had bumped into an ex pro at half time who reckoned he was the best player on the pitch. I think he made a comment along the lines of "shows what I know" so it was sort of a retraction.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal