collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208783 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
He arrived as a confident, modern footballer and left as a broken man and waste of space. That's what happens when you play for tactically clueless managers and boy have we had our share. You could almost say it's our speciality.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
He was good for us in his first season -very good, at times.

But Liverpool were linked with him after he got back in the England squad, and the word is he wasn't happy that we didn't make it easy for him to move back.

He seemed to have a cob on for most of the 2010/11 campaign.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2015, 05:05:36 PM »
This has dragged on so long I think it can be upgraded to "transfer saga" status.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »
And defintiiey worth the £7m MON paid for him!!

Wasn't it £8.5m? Bargain....

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »
Warnock's best game at Villa Park was the one in which he scored against us, prior to signing.

See also George Boateng, Moustapha Hadji and no doubt countless others - think it was a Gregory/O'Neill thing to sign players who'd played well against  us and then never replicated it once we signed them.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »
Warnock's best game at Villa Park was the one in which he scored against us, prior to signing.

See also George Boateng, Moustapha Hadji and no doubt countless others - think it was a Gregory/O'Neill thing to sign players who'd played well against  us and then never replicated it once we signed them.

Boating was good for us.

Offline LTA

« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2015, 05:53:03 PM »
Why am I seeing Stephen Warnocks name appearing?   Has Dennis from WM been posting on here today?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
Warnock's best game was against the Dogheads under Houllier. I can't recall why but he had to come on as a sub and basically turned the game, putting up the cross for Heskey's winner.

Offline peter w

« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »
Warnock's best game was against the Dogheads under Houllier. I can't recall why but he had to come on as a sub and basically turned the game, putting up the cross for Heskey's winner.

And interestingly it was just prior to that game that my youngest was conceived.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »

And interestingly it was just prior to that game that my youngest was conceived.

Raised by Wolves ?

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »

My daughter was conceived after we beat Boro 1-0 in August 99.....and I had my Villa shirt on! (yes, I know, too much information!!!)

Offline manic-road

« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
So any news on Amavi?

Offline peter w

« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2015, 07:04:59 PM »

My daughter was conceived after we beat Boro 1-0 in August 99.....and I had my Villa shirt on! (yes, I know, too much information!!!)

Snap. I couldn't take my Villa shirt off because I thought it'd be bad luck. Went downstairs and the first thing I saw was Bent being brought down. Thought all my Christmases had come at once.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »

Snap. I couldn't take my Villa shirt off because I thought it'd be bad luck. Went downstairs and the first thing I saw was Bent being brought down. Thought all my Christmases had come at once.

My youngest but one was conceived after Gabby got the winner at The Sty in the 1-0.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2015, 08:29:40 PM »
He was good for us in his first season -very good, at times.

But Liverpool were linked with him after he got back in the England squad, and the word is he wasn't happy that we didn't make it easy for him to move back.

He seemed to have a cob on for most of the 2010/11 campaign.

I liked Warnock aswell first season but he picked up an injury before the cup final, we rushed him back to play in the game and Antonio Valencia took him to the cleaners and he never really recovered and looked a car crash from that day.

I do remember the Liverpool link but pretty sure it was when he was out of favour under Houllier but it didn't go through for some reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal