collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208806 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2015, 12:41:49 PM »
Bennett is too slow and immobile to be a full back, but on the other hand you wouldn't want to try him at centre back either as he's to prone to mistakes. He does have more of the physical attributes for that role though.

Are we talking about the same player? 5ft 10, ten stone, built-like-he's-made-out-of-wet-tissue-paper Joe Bennett has the physical attributes to be a centre-back?

More than he has to be a full back yes. What's up with you anyway?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
Bennett is too slow and immobile to be a full back, but on the other hand you wouldn't want to try him at centre back either as he's to prone to mistakes. He does have more of the physical attributes for that role though.

You think? I think he's decent on the ball, but far too weedy to be a centre-half.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »
Seriously Bennett at centre back is like suggesting Heskey  as a goalscorer

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »

You think? I think he's decent on the ball, but far too weedy to be a centre-half.

From what I've seen he's a bit of a clogger, generally you see far more successful cloggers at centre back than fullback. Not saying he would be perfect there either mind!

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2015, 12:46:44 PM »

Are we talking about the same player? 5ft 10, ten stone, built-like-he's-made-out-of-wet-tissue-paper Joe Bennett has the physical attributes to be a centre-back?

Joe Bennett, who makes Walter from Dennis The |Menace look like Shaun Teale. I confess I'm at a loss to see what he's seeing...

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »

I don't think that anything's up with me.

Just slightly taken aback by the suggestion that the smallest, weediest defender currently on our books should be touted as having the physical attributes to play centre-back.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2015, 12:49:43 PM »
 ;)

Joe Bennett, who makes Walter from Dennis The |Menace look like Shaun Teale. I confess I'm at a loss to see what he's seeing...

I think if you are going to stick him anywhere its wide left midfield

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:20 PM »
I would genuinely rather play Joe Bennett in any other outfield position than centre-back.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
The only issue I have with a signing like this that its another very young player who has no English League experience.  I understand that at the moment we have to go down the route of buying on the cheap, but a big reason why we have struggled over the past few years because of throwing too many in experience players in at the deep end.  For all the stick Richardson gets at least he does have the years under his belt and as he proved in the Cup Final can put in a good shift.  I just think we need to find the right balance between youth and experience. 

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2015, 12:55:52 PM »
Bennett playing at centre back would give me sleepless nights. He's not good enough at left back and putting him at in the middle would be a bizarre tactical switch. Bennett's main issue is that he isn't Premier League quality unfortunately. No shame in that, but I think it'd be best for everyone if he dropped a division.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »

From what I've seen he's a bit of a clogger, generally you see far more successful cloggers at centre back than fullback. Not saying he would be perfect there either mind!

I refer the honourable gentleman to Hutton, Alan.

I reckon Bennett cold be a left sided midfielder as he is ok on the ball, but he lacks a few of the qualities to be a top left back.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »

I don't think that anything's up with me.

Just slightly taken aback by the suggestion that the smallest, weediest defender currently on our books should be touted as having the physical attributes to play centre-back.

Is that your normal tone then? Lovely

Personally I've never seen the kid as a full back, and I don't see him as quite as weedy as made out. Clark is hardly a brick wall but most on here think he's improved. Bennett is probably not up to it at this level in any position so it's a pointless argument really.

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
The only issue I have with a signing like this that its another very young player who has no English League experience.  I understand that at the moment we have to go down the route of buying on the cheap, but a big reason why we have struggled over the past few years because of throwing too many in experience players in at the deep end.  For all the stick Richardson gets at least he does have the years under his belt and as he proved in the Cup Final can put in a good shift.  I just think we need to find the right balance between youth and experience. 

I don't see £10m as cheap for a LB. There's a difference between young players in the £1m bracket coming from Sheff Utd and a young £10m player who has been playing at a high level and rated the best LB in the league, who  is close to breaking into one of the better international teams in world football.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:22 PM »
Fucking hell !!!!
Joe Bennett at centre half or in midfield !!! Midfield ? in the Premier league ??
Joe Bennett ??!!

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:44 PM »
Personally I've never seen the kid as a full back, and I don't see him as quite as weedy as made out. Clark is hardly a brick wall but most on here think he's improved. Bennett is probably not up to it at this level in any position so it's a pointless argument really.

But that's just it though - Clark has bulked-up immensely in the last 12 months and is about a close to a brick-wall that we have. he's also 6ft 3 and fairly dominant in the air these days. Bennett is none of those things.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal