collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208818 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2015, 11:14:54 AM »
why are we flying to Nice to tempt him to B6? At least Mr Gueye had the gumption to get on a flight himself! This doesn't bode well if we have to send out advance scouting parties to Mediterranean hotspots to snag a player. I might well be wrong but the last time we did this it ended badly - didn't a Villa delegation fly out to France to bag Makoun?

How needlessly doomish is that?

What's wrong with going out to talk about a player? Look at our status in the game for the last five years. Awful. We are going to have to work harder than, say, in the MON money era, when we were sixth place finishers to land players.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2015, 11:15:53 AM »
Has he not got our crest tattooed on his forehead yet? F**k him.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:00 AM »
doesn't anybody on here get irony? that was the point of my post - needlessly doomish FFS!

Offline dekko

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
doesn't anybody on here get irony? that was the point of my post - needlessly doomish FFS!

Its hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet!

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »

Its hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet!

Yehhhhhhhh it is !!!

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »

Sorry (I'm not).

Seriously though it is really hard to tell. I'm not on here enough to know when someone is serious or not. Apart from the obvious ones that is.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:54 PM »
[/youtube]

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »
We have,by al accounts tabled a 9mil bid with his club which,by all accounts, they have accepted. This is the player we really really need, more I would suggest,than any of the others we have bid for. We must get him even if we have to pay wages well over the odds. If we do I think we have a really good chance of moving on up into the higher echelons of the table.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
This guy does not want to come here. Next .....

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2015, 04:37:36 PM »

Yeah I'm not getting the vibes he wants to come either.

I remember when the story first broke a british journo covering French football said he wanted to go Lyon and play champions league.

We can agree all the fees we want with Nice but unless the player wants to come it's futile.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of M Amavi in interesting headwear so I can decide if I like him?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

Yeah I'm not getting the vibes he wants to come either.

I remember when the story first broke a british journo covering French football said he wanted to go Lyon and play champions league.

We can agree all the fees we want with Nice but unless the player wants to come it's futile.

Try and entice with a contract that has a release clause that a CL side can buy him for £15m after a minimum of one full season.  If it then happened it would mean that he has had a good season and we make a £6m profit.  It looks as though other clubs may want him but £9m is more than they think he is worth at this stage.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:05 PM »
We've got to get away from these release clauses. If he still wants to go to Lyon like I was reading earlier, go to the next on the list. Our recruitment process should ensure that we always have a good few quality options in each position.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2015, 05:35:56 PM »
We've got to get away from these release clauses. If he still wants to go to Lyon like I was reading earlier, go to the next on the list. Our recruitment process should ensure that we always have a good few quality options in each position.

We have got a ladder to climb and it is going to be one rung at a time.  I do not care how we climb it, as long as we do and if it takes bringing in a player for only a year and we make a profit at the end, I would take that.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:07 PM »
Equally though, we're a side that finished 17th so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a top half calibre left back who is happy to be playing for us rather than somebody's who's agent is likely to be touting him around only a few weeks into the season. Look at how much unrest has been caused amongst supporters because of the Delph and Benteke clauses. It's a dangerous precedent that we've got to get away from.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal