collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208750 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »
The problem with social media is 1 person posts something on twitter or facebook along the lines of 'I know someone who lives in nice and they've been told that he doesn't want to leave'.  This gets picked up by 10 more people, some quote the original source but most don't so now you have what appears to be 6-7 different sources for him not wanting to join and they all start being picked up and when someone down the line hears from 2 or 3 of those it becomes fact.

I'm not saying it's not true, I have no idea, but when the only reports are rumours on twitter, etc I take them with a pinch of salt.  Of course we not have bid or be interested because there's no official source for that either.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 10:46:57 AM »
We don't have the best record with French players... Six, Ginola, Berson, the Djembas.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
We don't have the best record with French players... Six, Ginola, Berson, the Djembas.
Djembas,  don't think he was French.  Zog is mind. 

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
Djembas,  don't think he was French.  Zog is mind. 

Pires

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 12:19:37 PM »
Djemba was Cameroon, although he played in the French league. Berson looked really good, but never settled. A bit like Makoun.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 12:36:51 PM »
Djemba was Cameroon, although he played in the French league. Berson looked really good, but never settled. A bit like Makoun.

Frank Barson was good I thought?

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »

Frank Barson was good I thought?

Franque Barson you mean ;)

UTV
The Doc

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »
This one appears to have gone very quiet.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
Has he gone to Lyon yet?

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 11:33:28 PM »
Aston Villa have tabled a £9million bid for Nice left-back Jordan Amavi.
Tim Sherwood made the offer yesterday and hopes for permission to fly in the young defender this weekend.
Amavi, a France Under-21, was hotly tipped to move this summer, with many leading clubs interested, but Villa have jumped to the front of the queue after putting cash on the table.
Sherwood insists his side needs cover at left-back and Amavi, 21, is both a quick defender and comfortable going forward.
Nice are prepared to sell and insiders revealed that the fee has been ‘virtually agreed’.
Villa have also just completed a £9m deal for Lille’s midfield dynamo Idrissa Gueye.
It is a coup for Villa with Gueye snubbing French giants Marseille because he fancies playing in the Premier League.
The 25-year-old passed a medical and finalised terms on a four-year contract yesterday — subject to international clearance.
And the Senegalese star becomes Villa’s biggest deal for four-and-a-half years since Darren Bent signed from Sunderland in an £18m deal which rose to £24m.
Gueye said: “Everyone knows England has a league that attracts me, now this is a dream move.”
Southampton, West Ham and Crystal Palace all bid for Gueye, who played over 130 games for Ligue 1 Lille.
But Villa insist Gueye is not a replacement for England midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, who has an £8m release clause in his deal and is on Manchester City’s radar.
Sources close to the club say Villa expect Delph and Spurs and Liverpool target Christian Benteke to be on board when Villa fly to Albufeira for pre- season training next week.
And Sherwood is still optimistic about landing Dutch midfielder Tjaronn Chery, 27, as Groningen prepare to accept a £3.5m offer.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2015, 11:39:02 PM »
I would say he's a bit more than cover if we're prepared to bid £9m for a left back. Looks like we're finally showing some teeth.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2015, 11:41:03 PM »
Thought that was the old story from a few weeks back. 9m for him aswell....blimey.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2015, 11:42:29 PM »
Either new owners are in or Lerner has had change of policy. Bodes well though.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2015, 11:42:39 PM »
I thought the same until the last half of the article.

Offline KRS

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2015, 11:54:22 PM »
Very positive report if true...bring in genuine young European talent, keep hold of our best players...thats the kind of news that we want to be hearing this summer. If what SVC said has any merit then we could be in for an interesting and exciting season.

To be fair, the signings we are making under Sherwood do bode very well for the future, so if he can get Delph and Benteke focused to stay for another season, then just may be we wont be that far off where they want to be come the end of the season anyway and they'll have a harder decision to make if they can see the growing potential of the squad. Obviously a good season with Villa pretty much guarantees them a spot in their national teams for the Euros too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal