collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208828 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
Seen it reported second hand that he's not interested but can't really see if there's any substance to that
Substance ? Who needeth that

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 10:58:50 PM »
It's quite possible that he has a very high opinion of himself and is targeting a Champions League club. It's early in the summer though so if he were to realise that those clubs aren't coming in for him and he speaks to Sherwood and learns more about the club, he might well see it as a good opportunity (though likely see us as a stepping stone).

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
Yes please!  He wouldn't come cheap I would have thought considering he is a French international fullback and was probably the best LB in Ligue 1 over the course of the season.  11 yellow cards over the season means he probably gets stuck in a bit too so hopefully he can defend instead of just being an attacking fullback.

Only 5'9" though, and I prefer my back line to be a little more statuesque... especially since Okore is only 6'.  I had a feeling we would go for a French left back but figured it would be Layvin Kazawa from AS Monaco, so this is probably even better.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2015, 11:36:46 PM »
Yes please!  He wouldn't come cheap I would have thought considering he is a French international fullback and was probably the best LB in Ligue 1 over the course of the season.  11 yellow cards over the season means he probably gets stuck in a bit too so hopefully he can defend instead of just being an attacking fullback.

Only 5'9" though, and I prefer my back line to be a little more statuesque... especially since Okore is only 6'.  I had a feeling we would go for a French left back but figured it would be Layvin Kazawa from AS Monaco, so this is probably even better.
What about Evra?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
What about Evra?

Horrible wanker

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 02:19:12 PM »
Looks great on You tube montage but really - some of the football and individual crapness of that league leaves a lot to be desired

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »
It's quite possible that he has a very high opinion of himself and is targeting a Champions League club. It's early in the summer though so if he were to realise that those clubs aren't coming in for him and he speaks to Sherwood and learns more about the club, he might well see it as a good opportunity (though likely see us as a stepping stone).

Benteke said when he signed he saw us as a stepping stone. It's not great to hear but the reality is with the exception of Real Madrid and Barcelona, every club is a stepping stone.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »

in France this would suggest he got his make up and colour co-ordination wrong

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »
Hope he joins us.
Having seen Nice a couple of weeks ago, I think Villa should offer him a flat overlooking the Gas Street Basin canals. It won't be the same as the beach but it's close.
He could keep his yacht there.

Some shutters, a balcony, and a big square nearby - home from home!

I forgot the Michelin restaurants, airport and trams ( nearly there).
Hardly tell the difference, really.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:47:41 PM by Louzie0Tim »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »

Benteke said when he signed he saw us as a stepping stone. It's not great to hear but the reality is with the exception of Real Madrid and Barcelona, every club is a stepping stone.

It might pan out that way with some of the clubs he's been linked to and if he has another good year with us and a good European Championships. It works both ways though, we would have gone down without him and if we get more top players who see us as a stepping stone, we'll gradually climb the table.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:17 AM »
Looks great on You tube montage but really - some of the football and individual crapness of that league leaves a lot to be desired
Sounds a bit like the Premier League.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2015, 10:18:01 AM »
Sounds a bit like the Premier League.
Sounds like most leagues these days.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2015, 10:30:59 AM »
LlBenteke said when he signed he saw us as a stepping stone. It's not great to hear but the reality is with the exception of Real Madrid and Barcelona, every club is a stepping stone.
He would also require a few gangs of pickpockets and drug-dealers on the square
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:35:42 AM by Bad English »

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2015, 10:33:20 AM »

Quite and that policy appears to have served Southampton well.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »
I heard that he'd rejected us as well

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal