collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheer me up  (Read 8297 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Cheer me up
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
The positives are that score line yesterday was a true reflection of both teams performance on the day and gap in quality over the season. So it should leave Sherwood and Fox in no doubt about what needs doing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:27:11 AM by olaftab »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2015, 11:22:57 AM »
We DIDN'T set yet another negative record.
WAsn't it our heaviest ever cup final defeat?
Sorry should be cheering up.....erm......er........I got free beer at half time?
Think it was heaviest cup final defeat in 26 years. So could have been worse.

There hasn't been a heavier final defeat since 1903.

Offline Rioch is King

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2015, 11:40:45 AM »
Arsenal were really very good... in the form they are in with the players they've got who could have beaten them? Look at their subs bench FFS.... no.... doesn't cheer me up either.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2015, 11:51:39 AM »
We DIDN'T set yet another negative record.
WAsn't it our heaviest ever cup final defeat?
Sorry should be cheering up.....erm......er........I got free beer at half time?
Think it was heaviest cup final defeat in 26 years. So could have been worse.

There hasn't been a heavier final defeat since 1903.

United beat Chelsea 4-0 in 1994, so it wouldn't be the heaviest in 26 years. Although I admit heaviest in 21 years doesn't sound that much better.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »
Chelsea at least had the excuse that Elleray kept giving Man U random penalties. The only other four goal defeat since 1903 was Brighton, who had already managed to take them to a replay.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2015, 12:05:07 PM »
So 21 years not 26. That's cheered me up

Offline myf

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »
Didn't manu beat Millwall 4 nil about 10 yrs ago? Also, didn't Newcastle get beat 4 nil by arse in late nineties?

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »
Didn't manu beat Millwall 4 nil about 10 yrs ago? Also, didn't Newcastle get beat 4 nil by arse in late nineties?
3-0 Millwall lost

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
Just watched the game again and n'zogbia was so pityful he actually made me chuckle. I am sure he just decided his game plan was to run around like headless chicken for 90 mins while thinking " what the fuck am I doing here". Today I feel he will be sat somewhere wondering if yesterday was just a dream and tomorrow he will be back to mowing grass for the council. I bet he never dreamed he would be a professional footballer and if that's the case then he was right.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »

If I remember right Newcastle got beat 2-0 by Arsenal (with Given in goal) in 1998 and also got beat 2-0 by United in 1999. I think Harper was in goal for them for United game.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
CNZ is probably head down meandering around some gaudy mall in Dubai around about now

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
Thinking about n'zobia has anyone else on here found themselves in a job and on the first day thought " fuck me I'm way out of depth here and if they don't suss me and sack me by the end of the week then it will be a miracle ".

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
Thinking about n'zobia has anyone else on here found themselves in a job and on the first day thought " fuck me I'm way out of depth here and if they don't suss me and sack me by the end of the week then it will be a miracle ".

How different football would be if players had real world contracts of employment instead of the ridiculous cash cows they have today?

Being a lazy demotivated useless barrel of lard (N'Zogbia) would mean you got fired, no money, no wages rather than being allowed to fester on week after week stinking the place out.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »

I felt exactly like that in my job, and spent loads of time at home trying to get up to speed. But I haven't been through an Ofsted yet, which is my Cup Final, I suppose. I'd like to think I won't be so much of a headless chicken.

Offline brackley

• GM : 13.04.2025
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »
My post cup final breakfast menu:

Hard cheese.

Sour Grapes.

Egg on face.

Humble Pie.

Pint of Bitter.

Lets face it, over the past few weeks we've basically been sold a pup. We're now confronted with a manager with the haunted look of someone who's wondering what the fuck he's got himself into and how he's going to get out of it. Results against Southampton and Burnley were forgiven on the basis that the cup final was on the minds of the players. Faithful supporters have shelled out inflated prices to witness that this was not the case, we really are well, crap, and once again a laughing stock in our workplaces and in the media. To cap it all, our one game a season owner sits in the Royal Box with a big stupid grin on his face. Have a great summer and, oh, whats for lunch?....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal