collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:14:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:12:54 PM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa under-10's vs Arsenal -FA Cup Final Post-Match Thread  (Read 67748 times)

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
Re: Aston Villa under-10's vs Arsenal -FA Cup Final Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
Somehow - unfathomably - even worse than 15 years ago.

But, by Christ , far, far more painful .

Wankers

Offline supertom

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
We just looked like lower league minnows on the big stage. Again. Disappointing and I worry about  next season now given the manner of the loss today.
I don't think we stay up without a new owner to be honest.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2015, 07:33:37 PM »
Christ some on here need to get into the real world, they have beaten us twice this season before today scoring three and five goals why do you think that is? it isn't that the Villa players didn't try it was that they came across a team that is stronger in every position and who played at their top. The gap is that large it could have been double figures, what the game clearly showed is that unless a lot of money is spent we will struggle next season Sherwood got the players up for a few games which saved us but we are a bloody awful team.I just look forward in hope that Lerner has a buyer who will spend.

Offline myf

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2015, 07:33:53 PM »
This is going to sting for a long time. Need new owners and a completely new squad. I'd keep Grealish and that's it.

no corners or shot on target is frankly shameful

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »
A Grand Canyonesque gulf in class today.  Our whole midfield looked off the pace, Benteke's was poor, thee defence held out or as long as they could but they just couldnt hold up to the relentless pressure.

No out ball to relieve pressure, dreadfully poor in crossing positions gave Tekers nothing to work with, Given poor on their 2nd goal which killed us, didn't win any second balls all game so never got into the game by building any pressure at all, 2 stonewall penalty shouts waved away by a Ref that gave us nothing all game, tactically hesitant.

Other than that it went pretty well.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:39:25 PM by OzVilla »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2015, 07:34:18 PM »
Benteke for Arsenal? Not a chance on todays display to be honest.

Lots of scheduled calls to Villa HQ on Monday for his services have now been cancelled.

Offline Archieavfc

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »
I dont mind losing, Arsenal were quality but ZERO shots on goal is a disgrace.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »
Come off it. We played against a team with world class players who were full of confidence. Our team has average players who on the day couldn't bridge the gulf. So to use the language above just isn't on IMO
So worse players have never beaten better players before?

Chelsea had world-class players and were full of confidence when Bradford turned up earlier in the season. As did Man City when Middlesbrough beat them.

If it were just a case of "which team has better players" why did we even bother sending a team today?
Realistically though the better players, costing £40 million to buy and are being paid £100,000 plus a week will 8-9 times out of 10 beat the team who don't have.
Fully agree - nine times out of ten they will win the match.

But it doesn't have be nine times out of ten that they just turn up and roll over the other team.

I was fully expecting us to lose from the start - I wasn't expecting us to turn up with a bad team selection, bad tactics and for most of the players to not really bother to do anything about the players in yellow running around them.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »
We started with the wrong team. Sherwood fell between two stools, We either play our own game with Bacuna at right back or worry about Arsenal and pack midfield. What we don't do is sacrifice a big part of our attacking ability but stick with a diamond midfield.

We probably lost this game two weeks ago against Southampton. All the good things we did against Liverpool, all the confident flowing football, was conspicuously absent. What little forward possession we had was wasted with an obsession on knocking high balls towards Benteke.

Richardson did well, Okore was our man of the match and it's hard to choose from the others who came third.

I wonder how many of those players have played their last game for the club. Benteke may be off, Cleverley may still prefer Everton and surely it is time to accept that it's time to move on from players like NZogbia and Hutton.

You have to wonder with that ref how much better than Arsenal we would have had to be to get a result today. The penalty decisions could not have been more wrong.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
Arsenal just battered us from start to finish....the tone was started in the first 20 minutes when we were scared to leave the halfway line.

Yes Arsenal are quality but we made it too easy for them today, if teams like Reading and Wigan can take them to extra time we should really be capable of it or at least keeping the scoreline a bit.

Team just didn't believe from the first minute today, so sad for our fans who were brilliant today. We deserve a better team sometimes.

Offline supertom

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »
I dont mind losing, Arsenal were quality but ZERO shots on goal is a disgrace.
This is the biggest thing for me.

My hope for the match was that Arsenal would bottle it, and us with nothing to lose would play with freedom. The opposite happened. Making for probably the most pathetically one sided cup final in many years. It was like Bradford-Swansea in the LC a couple of years back.

If we give it a go and lose, fair enough. You can hold your hands up and say we couldn't have done anything more and Arsenal are a million miles better. But we didn't do enough. Not nearly.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2015, 07:39:39 PM »
We always needed Aresenal to be off their game and all our side needed to be 9/10. It wasn't  to be. Most sides would have struggled to live with them today. I just hoped we wouldn't be humiliated. Unfortunately it was pretty much that.

One other comment. Our entire side cost about £35m including £10m for N'Zogbia. Ozil cost £42m alone. They simply have world class players who will demonstrate that if you let them.

Offline supertom

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
Benteke for Arsenal? Not a chance on todays display to be honest.

Lots of scheduled calls to Villa HQ on Monday for his services have now been cancelled.
I think he'll end up at Liverpool now. The game today could possibly have put him in the window for a top level club. But he wasn't on it. Okay the service was shit but he played with no aggression, no spring in his jumps and just lack concentration when back defending corners. Mertesacker murdered him.

I think he'll go though. He's a decent player, and he'd be foolish to stay on a sinking ship.

Online Karlos96

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2015, 07:42:14 PM »
Sat on the coach waiting to get out of here we were pathetic I didn't think they could surpass 2000 for shitness but they managed it. So glad I won't have to watch that shower for the next 2 months sick to death of it.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
Quote from: supertom link=topic=54234.msg2849531#msg2849531
The opposite happened. Making for probably the most pathetically one sided cup final in many years. It was like Bradford-Swansea in the LC a couple of years back.
Bradford had three shots on target in that match, compared to our zero today. And they had ten men.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal