collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Sanchez  (Read 11932 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Carlos Sanchez
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »
Well if we ever play Barcalona we are gona be ace as Messi and Naymar won't be getting a kick

Offline KRS

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »
Well I never thought I'd be saying this but articles like at least give me hope that he isn't a complete melon...I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

Offline john e

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »
Well I never thought I'd be saying this but articles like at least give me hope that he isn't a complete melon...I genuinely hope he proves me wrong.

Your hoping for Mango

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 08:15:23 PM »
Tim Vickery called his performance "Magnificent" and coming from him that's high praise.

Offline john e

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
I agree with everyone saying that adjusting to the prem is the key
Unfortunatly he seemed to go backwards in that area, he started of quite bright and got worse as the season progressed, which is a bit worrying

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 09:30:37 PM »
Disagree, John. After a lengthy World Cup, short break, move to a new club and country, not speaking the language, I think he's done more than enough to show he's quality (Arsenal game apart). As I've pointed out numerous times throughout the season, his game starts to fall apart after 60 minutes but during those 60 minutes he works like a Trojan, often covering for Delph who normally takes 30-40 minutes to get started.

My concern is that although he sounds very settled at the club and is coming to grips with the language, it looks like he's in for another summer of football and little rest. If he can get his fitness levels up I think we have a fantastic player on our hands but I'd imagine he'll be given an extra week or two to relax and he'll be playing catch up again when he returns.

I love watching him play, he covers a hell of a lot of ground and reads the game well. He can tackle, he's strong and I've no problem with him keeping it simple by bringing others into the game. If we can look after him, I can see him here for the next few years. I really think he's that good.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
Well if we ever play Barcelona we are gona be ace as Messi and Naymar won't be getting a kick

I think it's asking a bit much to ask him to mark both out the game.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 09:39:18 PM »
Well if we ever play Barcelona we are gona be ace as Messi and Naymar won't be getting a kick

I think it's asking a bit much to ask him to mark both out the game.

It's the only way they will get the better of him is for both of the them to have a ball and take him on at the same time.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »
Disagree, John. After a lengthy World Cup, short break, move to a new club and country, not speaking the language, I think he's done more than enough to show he's quality (Arsenal game apart). As I've pointed out numerous times throughout the season, his game starts to fall apart after 60 minutes but during those 60 minutes he works like a Trojan, often covering for Delph who normally takes 30-40 minutes to get started.

My concern is that although he sounds very settled at the club and is coming to grips with the language, it looks like he's in for another summer of football and little rest. If he can get his fitness levels up I think we have a fantastic player on our hands but I'd imagine he'll be given an extra week or two to relax and he'll be playing catch up again when he returns.

I love watching him play, he covers a hell of a lot of ground and reads the game well. He can tackle, he's strong and I've no problem with him keeping it simple by bringing others into the game. If we can look after him, I can see him here for the next few years. I really think he's that good.

Agree with pretty much all of that TSOV.

His debut againt Newcastle when he came on with about 20 minutes to go, he pretty much turned the game back in our favour single handed as we went from being totally under the cosh to at worst it being 50:50 at times, but for the most part looking like we were on top.
And then he played that scooped pass out to the right wing after he'd been on the pitch for about 3 minutes.

I'm not surprised he's knackered after 60 minutes.  I'd last about 60 seconds going at it the way he does.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:25:04 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
I think he's a good player and hopefully if he get a bit better at lasting through games he'll be a great asset.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
Anyone who marks neymar out of a game deserves another season with us.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
Sanchez was strange last season. At times, I though he did extremely well. Sometimes he showed a technical ability which was way above the level of most of the rest of our players. But then, often, he'd go and drop an expensive clanger.

He's easily shown enough to warrant being persevered with, though, and I agree entirely with the comments above re moving to another country, another league etc etc.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Yeah agree . When I moved from one house to another house in the same town , it even took me months to settle .
The main reason was there was no hot milf undressing in front of me in her bedroom across the back garden .

Offline john e

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »
Against West Ham away he was superb, our best player by a mile

By contrast his performance against Stoke at home was laughable

What ya gona do

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2015, 12:00:17 AM »
Yeah agree . When I moved from one house to another house in the same town , it even took me months to settle .
The main reason was there was no hot milf undressing in front of me in her bedroom across the back garden .

Do not google search images for Miss Colombia. Sanchez should go to Snobs and drink 14 pints if he's homesick.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal