collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony Adams Fronted Takeover  (Read 27786 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Tony Adams Fronted Takeover
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2015, 04:24:43 PM »
If Tony Adams gets control of Villa I will personally burn Villa Park to the ground then hand myself in to the police.

I'll happily carry the Jerry cans Brian.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 04:25:03 PM »
Too shit for anyone to appoint him as manager, so try and cobble together enough money to buy a club and appoint yourself. Fuck off Adams you knobber.

Tony Adams would be brought in to work on football matters

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 04:25:34 PM »
Mr. Adams, thank you for attending your fit persons interview. Question one: have you got the money, the experience and the backing to undertake the role of chairman of Aston Villa?

Er, no.

Ok, let's move on to question two.

Is there anything in your background which could bring the Football association in to disrepute?

Oh, er, hmm, possibly.

Ok, question three, do you have  qualification in business management? Are you capable of staying off alcohol if Villa are involved in another relegation scrap?

Oh, fuck!

This isn't happening. Even Randy wouldn't be that stupid.  It'll be some team like Portsmouth or Coventry.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2015, 04:35:53 PM »
They haven't got the money,
Their business plan is funny,
They make my stools go runny,
The Adams family.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2015, 04:39:29 PM »
He reminds me a bit of Russell Brand and Paul Elliott in that whenever he speaks he insists on using long complicated words, and everything is so incredibly convoluted.

"Well, in that case, Mr Adams, I hope you will not object if I also offer you my most enthusiastic contrafibularities."

I would think many on here would be frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused him such pericombobulation.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »
Sorry if its been posted previously on the BBC now too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627445

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
There must be some mistake. They must have got us mixed up with those self called footballing giants over in Small Heath. I am sure they could afford to buy them.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »
He reminds me a bit of Russell Brand and Paul Elliott in that whenever he speaks he insists on using long complicated words, and everything is so incredibly convoluted.

"Well, in that case, Mr Adams, I hope you will not object if I also offer you my most enthusiastic contrafibularities."

I would think many on here would be frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused him such pericombobulation.

He'd leave the interview early as well - he never stays for his pendigestatory interludicule.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2015, 04:44:04 PM »
From a John Percy piece in The Torygraph.

Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, admitted on Thursday afternoon he was unaware of any negotiations while chief executive Tom Fox claimed last week there was no impending takeover.

Yet Smith is already at the due diligence stage and though no takeover is imminent - and may not be agreed until the summer - Bank of America Merrill Lynch is working with Lerner to finalise a sale.

Smith held a number of executive roles at Chelsea before his acrimonious departure in 2007, when he was sacked on his return from a pre-season tour of the United States. He later lost a tribunal over alleged "unlawful wage deductions".

He was once known at Stamford Bridge as "Mr Football" and is now hoping to take control of Villa, with Lerner poised to end his nine-year association with the club.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »
Lerner would never even consider this.  He would never be that stupid.  Bit like putting a TSM in charge so don't worry.

Offline levico

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2015, 04:48:24 PM »
It's not going to happen. No one will give him the finance.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
One thing we can be sure of is that Randy Lerner would never do anything utterly, unspeakably and inexplicably stupid.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
How off your tits on meth would you have to be to think "Tony Adams? Yeah i'm in for £30m"

Offline TonyD

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
Hopkins has been into Sparkhill Credit union with a costed plan to buy Barcelona.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
I'd rather put the Marx Brothers in charge. This guy couldn't control a car without crashing it into a pylon, so the last thing I would want is him in control of our football club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal