collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Guzan v Given  (Read 35668 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Guzan v Given
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »
Ha ha what a loser, he's so stupid he probably doesn't remember writing that

Online nigel

« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »
Cascarino today

“I strongly resent Shay’s suggestion that I had no affiliation for Ireland.

“Because I have an Italian surname, I think I am an easy target when people discuss players born outside Ireland who played for the team – but I would expect more from Shay.”

He went on to say: "I am one for tackling things head on, so when we next bump into each other, I will have it out with him,” he said.

“He should check his facts, because I was not only proud to play for Ireland, but qualified to do so.

“I take it quite personally when people call that into question.”

Casacrino in his own book

Republic of Ireland striker Tony Cascarino has revealed that he was never qualified to represent the Emerald Isle.
The former Chelsea, Aston villa, Celtic, Marseille and Nancy striker won 88 caps for the Republic on the strength of a maternal grandfather from Westport, Michael O'Malley.

However, in his autobiography 'Full Time: The Secret life of Tony Cascarino', he now admits that O'Malley was not his mother's natural father, rendering him ineligible under international rules.

Cascarino's mother had been aware of the fact throughout his career, but only told him after he had retired from international football.

"I didn't qualify for Ireland," writes Cascarino. "I was a fraud. A fake Irishman."

Cascarino also reveals that he was turned down for an Irish passport in 1985, but carried on playing regardless.

"It seemed odd but I didn't follow it up," said Cascarino.

"I didn't need to. I had already won three international caps and for the next 12 years I continued playing for Ireland with my British passport."

Lol, I bet Shay is quite looking forward to their meeting  ;D

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »
Ivo was right.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #363 on: June 05, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »
He clearly didn't qualify as a top flight centre forward from what I saw, the useless oaf.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #364 on: June 05, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »
He clearly didn't qualify as a top flight centre forward from what I saw, the useless oaf.

He did score one of the funniest goals ever seen at Villa Park though,
I remember when it hit the back of the net more people were laughing than cheering

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Neither. Heaton please.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »

I remember when it hit the back of the net more people were laughing than cheering

Was that against Derby at the Holte end? A goal that it would be fair to describe as 'a bit scrappy'?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2015, 12:00:04 PM »
I have never met a fake Irishman. Even the Honduran guy at Sao Paulo airport said he was 1/125 Irish and I believed him! The fakest one our Brazilian Villain Gary even if he has a broad Galway accent and ginger hair!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »

Was that against Derby at the Holte end? A goal that it would be fair to describe as 'a bit scrappy'?

Don't know who it was against but it sounds about right,
The ball pin balling around players falling over in the box then Cascarino toe punts it in

You had to be there

Online nigel

« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »
I know he did, but I can honestly say that I don't remember him scoring for us.
How many did he actually score?

The one thing I do remember is my Dad saying we should have bought the other one, meaning Sheringham, too.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2015, 06:26:59 PM »
11 league goals and 1 cup goal.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2015, 09:54:58 PM »
Guzan played 90 minutes for the USA as they beat Netherlands 4-3.

USA were trailing 3-2 after 89 minutes.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »
It could be argued that the signing of Cascarino directly contributed to our losing the title in 1989-90.  We changed our way of playing when he he joined and were never the same side again - Although his one bit of brilliance was the set up for Chrissy Chrissy Prices winning goal at the Arse.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:52 PM »

Yes 3-2 we won that day.  And described by reporters as 'giving 5 goal thrillers a bad name.'

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #374 on: June 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »

Yes 3-2 we won that day.  And described by reporters as 'giving 5 goal thrillers a bad name.'

Yep it was the most hilarious six yard box scramble ever with him eventually getting one of his hooves on it. It was when the pitch was also going through one of its more agricultural phases which just added to the hilarity. Oh yes and the game was complete bobbins as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal