collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deannnnnnnno!  (Read 6607 times)

Online Deano's Mullet

Deannnnnnnno!
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »

Best Villa goal. Ever. Most important for me was Dalian vs Tranmere - both of the them! But this is the best.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
Re: Deannnnnnnno!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Surely Atkinson at Wimbledon topped that? Not complaining about that one, mind.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:18 PM »
I'd not seen that before, bloody hell!

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
Was right in line with that in the Upper Trinity with my Dad.  The ball went out of sight for a second because of the roof and then just dropped down into the goal, I can still see it now.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:35:29 AM »
The angle on that video isn't right, I remember him shooting from just outside our penalty box  ;)

We scored so many great goals that season.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:48 AM »
I was sat in the Witton Lane Stand bang on the half way line.  It's a goal I'll never forget.  Our first in that game was also a cracker. Lovely weighted pass from Parker to Staunton.  Big floating cross to Dwight Yorke.

I do think if we hadn't rushed Dalian back we'd have won the league.  Don't know why Big Ron didn't rate Yorke as a striker.  He played him up front with Regis in 1991-1992 and with Saunders in 1992-1993 and always delivered.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 10:53:55 AM »
I've posted something similar before, Yorke should have kept his place with Deano. He was such an intelligent natural talent he could have played with anyone. Wish Sir Brian wouldn't have tried to fit Savo,Collymore and Yorke in together. Yorke could have struck up a great partnership with Collymore and who knows what could have happened.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »
I've posted something similar before, Yorke should have kept his place with Deano. He was such an intelligent natural talent he could have played with anyone. Wish Sir Brian wouldn't have tried to fit Savo,Collymore and Yorke in together. Yorke could have struck up a great partnership with Collymore and who knows what could have happened.

Yeah definitely.  Saying that Stanley Victor was probably battling with depression when he signed for us. 
In hindsight we should never have signed Stan.  Even though he was the player we all wanted.  Wouldn't it be lovely if we could time travel and go back to the summer of 1997 and start again.

Yorkie would be getting a new five year year deal, and I'd have signed that Thierry Henry lad to play alongside him. 

Online usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »
I'd not seen that before, bloody hell!
Bloody hell, you had not seen that before?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:48:45 PM »
Don't know why Big Ron didn't rate Yorke as a striker.

I think it just came down to the fact that Yorke wasn't a Big Ron signing didn't it?

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
Strange really because Yorke scored a lot of goals for BFR the season before. I think its because Dalian's goal output had been so high before his injury BFR probably thought he'd pick it up right away upon his return. He never did and I don't know why BFR couldnt see it wasn't working - and that was in addition to Dean Saunders having a goal drought during the run-in. Yorkie was the only regular goalscorer from about February onwards yet BFR dropped him.Cost us big time at the end of that season.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 12:56:17 PM »
Dwight Yorke lodged with a couple next door to my aunt and uncle in Coleshill and was good friends with my cousin around that time. She reckoned he couldn't stand BFR and was always moaning about him.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »

Yeah definitely.  Saying that Stanley Victor was probably battling with depression when he signed for us. 
In hindsight we should never have signed Stan.  Even though he was the player we all wanted.  Wouldn't it be lovely if we could time travel and go back to the summer of 1997 and start again.

Yorkie would be getting a new five year year deal, and I'd have signed that Thierry Henry lad to play alongside him.

I wish we could travel back to the summer of 1995 and sign Dion Dublin then instead of Savo. 

Offline Damo70

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »

I wish we could travel back to the summer of 1995 and sign Dion Dublin then instead of Savo.

I wish I could travel back to the summer of 1995 and not ask a total mentallist called Marie to move over to Tenerife and live with me.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »

I wish I could travel back to the summer of 1995 and not ask a total mentallist called Marie to move over to Tenerife and live with me.

Sound like bad times.  Back to Deano - why did Big Ron always pronounce his surname as 'Sanders'?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal