collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Back Room Staff  (Read 56429 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: New Back Room Staff
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 07:51:42 AM »
A GK coach, defensive coach, midfield coach and attacking coach.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 07:58:45 AM »
Rumours surfacing that Sherwood will name Swindon Assistant Manager, Luke Williams as his number 2.

Never heard of him. Seems to be very well thought of though. Could be a decent addition if we get him.

Offline peter w

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 07:59:48 AM »
I'm not all that overly enamoured at coached coming in with Villa experience as it's more important we get the right person(s) in for the right positions. I couldn't care less if they're currently at The Shit, Kidderminster, or Shenley Radford as long as they are  qualified and the right person for the right job.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 08:14:48 AM »
Can't quite believe Marshall consulted Lambert for advice before the match yesterday. You could see a typical Lambert set-up and tactics in the first-half. Thank god Sherwood intervened at half- time. The club needs to eradicate any Lambert influence.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 08:33:48 AM »
amen to that

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2015, 08:44:08 AM »
I hope Sherwood says that a coaching team will be brought in as Legion described above, not just an assistant.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
It is alleged that the issue of his own team was the biggest stumbling block at the Bitters. Pearce did not want to pay for TS own men and insisted on using the staff already there.
They since changed their stance as Pulis demanded the same thing

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »
Rumours surfacing that Sherwood will name Swindon Assistant Manager, Luke Williams as his number 2.

Never heard of him. Seems to be very well thought of though. Could be a decent addition if we get him.

Sherwood has connections with Swindon as they are Spurs "feeder club".  A lot of Spurs young players who Sherwood was in charge of went/go there on loan so obviously he has had a fair bit of working with Williams.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
Sherwood has just said that he hasn't thought yet on his back room staff but it sounded as though he may be bringing in his own people.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »
Need a couple of Villa Men who understand the club and its traditions, leaders who can inspire the players and galvanise the support.

I don't think we do.  Most football people understand the club and will learn any history they feel they need to pretty quickly.  We just need bloody good coaches to get the team playing to it's full potential.  That in itself will galvanise the support.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:06:26 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline danrjfrost

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
The nostalgic Romantic in me would want people with Villa connections but its one of the least important aspects I think. The key with the back room staff if to have people who the manager can trust.

As much as we all love Laursen (and I believe he will return one day) the fact that he has no relationship with Sherwood would rule him out I'd say. With Friedel, whilst he would know Sherwood he isn't yet a coach so wouldn't necessarily be a good option.

The Ugo option however is interesting, I don't know how well they know each other however the Spurs connection aligned with the fact that Ugo has worked alot with younger players (which is one thing that Sherwood has been asked to push) could give him the edge.

Offline dean saunders left boot

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2015, 12:14:38 PM »

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 12:20:26 PM »
Need a couple of Villa Men who understand the club and its traditions, leaders who can inspire the players and galvanise the support.

I don't think we do.  Most football people understand the club and will learn any history they feel they need to pretty quickly.  We just need bloody good coaches to get the team playing to it's full potential.  That in itself will galvanise the support.

What he said. I don't see how being Villa men would help anyone be a better coach

I don't care who they are or where they come from as long as they understand football and how to win matches

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
When questioned about Williams by the media at his first press conference this morning, Sherwood said: “(Williams) is at Swindon and is in a five-year contract. You’ll never get him out. It’s a non-starter.”

It's frustrating that as a business we invest so much on players yet we don't see the importance of investing in the best backroom staff. If Williams is the man Sherwood really wants, why don't we go and get him?

Offline Boz

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
who do you want? I would love Wilkins but would he come, any ideas

No!

And another NO

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal