collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So what can the fans do?  (Read 8483 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: So what can the fans do?
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 11:56:46 PM »
I'd imagine they were being sarcastic. There's been a lot of sarcastic celebrations by our fans over the last couple of months.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 11:57:33 PM »
I have to say I think his signings have been good. Benteke, Gil, Sanchez, Vlaar, Okore, etc. It's his only redeeming attribute right now I think. Can he somehow black magic them into scoring goals though, that's where he's falling down.

(States the painfully obvious.)

I reckon if you put me in charge I could spot and sign a decent player. I would be hopeless at organizing and coaching them though. Just call me Paul.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 11:59:46 PM »
I have to say I think his signings have been good. Benteke, Gil, Sanchez, Vlaar, Okore, etc. It's his only redeeming attribute right now I think. Can he somehow black magic them into scoring goals though, that's where he's falling down.

I reckon if you put me in charge I could spot and sign a decent player. I would be hopeless at organizing and coaching them though. Just call me Paul.

I wouldn't. I remember thinking Nigel Jemson was going to be a great player.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2015, 12:09:51 AM »

Isn't it funny how my mates never remember me saying David Platt would play for England after seeing his Villa debut at Blackburn but remember going to a Blackpool v Walsall match during a weekend away and me tipping Alex Dyer to play for England.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2015, 12:19:30 AM »

Isn't it funny how my mates never remember me saying David Platt would play for England after seeing his Villa debut at Blackburn but remember going to a Blackpool v Walsall match during a weekend away and me tipping Alex Dyer to play for England.

I was convinced that Hadji would see us easily into the Champions' League.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2015, 01:19:26 AM »
This is worse than anything McLeish served up yet Lambert hasn't received a fraction of the abuse. Maybe we should all pretend Lambert managed the noses or something equally as trivial to get a proper protest going. If you're going wear foil hats to Villa Park this weekend otherwise you'll continue to be affected by the club propaganda that everything is just fine.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2015, 01:24:05 AM »
This is worse than anything McLeish served up yet Lambert hasn't received a fraction of the abuse. Maybe we should all pretend Lambert managed the noses or something equally as trivial to get a proper protest going. If you're going wear foil hats to Villa Park this weekend otherwise you'll continue to be affected by the club propaganda that everything is just fine.

I disagree. There has been a similar amount of stick/abuse towards Lambert as McLeish got (prior to the Bolton game). And that propaganda line is just bizarre.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:40 AM »

I disagree. There has been a similar amount of stick/abuse towards Lambert as McLeish got (prior to the Bolton game). And that propaganda line is just bizarre.

it was tongue in cheek because Villa fans seem to keep turning up in huge numbers despite things being this grave. At some point fans need to act with their feet and stop going to games.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2015, 01:33:35 AM »

The big difference is that owner has said he is trying to sell us and that the current manager is in place while that happens. Most Villa fans are wary of changes in the ownership of companies which affect them and their families and friends. Put bluntly, they don't like the shaft.

If thee was an option to take over the club in some form, as happened in the late 60's and now suggestd by SVC, then it would be a different ball game. 

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2015, 01:44:11 AM »
We can still make our feelings known. We either need to be lot more vocal or vote with our feet and wallets. Eventually there won't be enough games to make a difference. While we have an opportunity to affect change we should.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2015, 01:49:00 AM »
I'm as sure as I can be that they know the fan feelings toward Lambert. And if money is the big factor, then not getting relegated is worth a shit load more than 10,000 people not turning up each home game. So they must believe Lambert is the person to keep us up. Which is pretty fucking scary right now.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2015, 01:56:32 AM »
As far as staying away is concerned, the club dd not flinch at the devastating drop in season ticket sales. That was the first clear sign for interested observers. Then came the the 4 year contract for PL. Anybody looking for a clearer sign than that should probably give up on trying to read signs and take up another pastime.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2015, 02:04:16 AM »
I'd imagine they were being sarcastic. There's been a lot of sarcastic celebrations by our fans over the last couple of months.

Song I heard in the car park after the match tonight

"Pick ourselves up and we go again" to the tune of Tom Hark
"I thought we were excellent" to the tune of La Donna e Mobile (cheers paulie!)
and my personal favourite
"You can't fault the effort from the lads" to the tune of She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2015, 06:49:18 AM »
The major problem is making a man who appears to have not one idea that the man he has left at the helm of his business, from what is really all that matters the footballing side, is totally incompetent, because for whatever reason, I have scratched a hole in my bald pate trying to work this one out, he thinks regardless of results and past performances, he is the right man.
We have managed to appoint more suits to the club, with the aim of making money for the business, but we cannot identify or be willing to address a slight concern, that the main reason we have a business comes around every so many days and takes place on a patch of grass, but the personnel required to structure this part of the club are not identified, or even more concerning Lerner takes Lamberts word that they are at this moment not required.
The form of protest has to take place while these prized assets are on that patch of grass, because the media will not wake up to no one buying pies or scarfs.
In the back of my mind, I firmly believe that if we go out of the cup Sunday, thats the day the revolt will start with a bang.
I am sure I am not the only one of an older Villa variety, that has this constant dream at the moment, that I can see this berk of a Manager holding up a piece of silver in North London on May 30th, allowing alot of us to complete the set, after ruining Captain Wankstains Stevie G's final, that's just the way Villa do things, but once that flame has died, all hell is gonna break loose.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2015, 07:00:06 AM »
As far as staying away is concerned, the club dd not flinch at the devastating drop in season ticket sales. That was the first clear sign for interested observers. Then came the the 4 year contract for PL. Anybody looking for a clearer sign than that should probably give up on trying to read signs and take up another pastime.

Quite, they are all part of the same problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal