collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool protest ?  (Read 54512 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Liverpool protest ?
« Reply #480 on: January 19, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »
To add an equally meaningless statistic to club Lambert over the head with, I have travelled 4641.8 miles following us in the league this season, which works out at 421.98 miles per goal.

Just in case you may be questioning your sanity, that's the equivalent of having to drive to Osnabrück, Lower Saxony in Germany every time you want to see a goal.

I have just added Arsenal away and Chelsea at home and it takes me pretty close to Lands End to Newcastle.

Forget Newcastle, you could go to Vallence in southern France or the charming town of St Gallen in Switzerland, near the Austrian border.

I remember a few years back reading about a Southampton fan that lived in New York, but he got to every home game on a weekend at St Mary's and this was around the time they were dropping through the leagues.

There is always somebody worse than you!

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #481 on: January 19, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »
To add an equally meaningless statistic to club Lambert over the head with, I have travelled 4641.8 miles following us in the league this season, which works out at 421.98 miles per goal.

Split between Villa Park and away from home, this comes to: 267.14 miles per goal at Villa Park and 692.95 miles per goal on the road.

My car will do, roughly 0.12p to the mile, so its currently costing me £50.64 in fuel, although I drive faster when we lose.

Fuck off Lambert!

Post of 2015 so far.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #482 on: January 19, 2015, 04:36:41 PM »

Just in case you may be questioning your sanity, that's the equivalent of having to drive to Osnabrück, Lower Saxony in Germany every time you want to see a goal.

I have just added Arsenal away and Chelsea at home and it takes me pretty close to Lands End to Newcastle.

Well, if you did manage to take it all the way to John O'Groats, you'd at least have the option of ploughing off a cliff and into the sea there to make it stop.

...and as my car plunges into the deep and sinks to the bottom of the dark deep sea, I will slowly begin to drown, before being saved by a tidy looking mermaid, with shells for a bra and everything. My car will hit the bedrock and it will strike oil. I will rise from the water like an Arthurian legend, buy the land, sink a well and start flogging black gold. Enough black gold to buy me a volcano island, an orange Lamborghini and five Italian super models who will lick strawberry yoghurt off my nad sack.

I will then buy the Villa and have a 400 foot statue of me erected outside the gates of the Holte End and demand to be worshiped like some sort of God like king, as my megalomania becomes all consuming.

Then you'll be wishing you had Lerner back.

Will Golden Muppets get free season tickets and Oakham Citra piped to their seats?

Will you play yourself as main striker every game?

Will you buy Cleverley for 100m and make him club captain?

How much will you give Lambert to spend on left backs?

Just a thought.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

Forget Newcastle, you could go to Vallence in southern France or the charming town of St Gallen in Switzerland, near the Austrian border.

I remember a few years back reading about a Southampton fan that lived in New York, but he got to every home game on a weekend at St Mary's and this was around the time they were dropping through the leagues.

There is always somebody worse than you!

Indeed. Imagine if you had to live in Manchester.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »
The Liverpool Protest was an utter waste of time because yet again, and ad nauseum (or whatever the Turkish is) the internet warriors think that having 500 likes and 200 favourites and loads of their mates saying how great they are means that the whole of the Holte End loves them and will obviously take part.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »
The Liverpool Protest was an utter waste of time because yet again, and ad nauseum (or whatever the Turkish is) the internet warriors think that having 500 likes and 200 favourites and loads of their mates saying how great they are means that the whole of the Holte End loves them and will obviously take part.

Clampy likes this.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #486 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »

If ever there was a case of believing your own Internet hype or own self importance then this is it. People on the Internet specifically Facebook sites often forget they're not addressing thousands they're only impacting a couple of hundred at most as evidenced by the numbers who took part.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #487 on: January 20, 2015, 06:16:05 AM »

If ever there was a case of believing your own Internet hype or own self importance then this is it. People on the Internet specifically Facebook sites often forget they're not addressing thousands they're only impacting a couple of hundred at most as evidenced by the numbers who took part.

The same applies on here and similar fan websites on any number of topics. We represent only a fraction of Villa fans. Not all saying our point of view on the state of he club isn't directionally correct but to think just because something might be supported on here with 90% of people doesn't translate automatically to other Villa fans. Clearly trying to drum up support via the Internet has its limitations and to think all it took was a FB rallying cry was naive in the extreme.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:17:41 AM by Toronto Villa »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #488 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
One thing I quickly remembered when I was back on the streets over Christmas was the difference between opinions at the match and online. Post-Sunderland the immediate reaction was of frustration but on here it was closer to Armageddon.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #489 on: January 20, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
I think all agree it was a poorly thought out protest, very hard to achieve with any great amount of success, but as stated previously they are just letting out their frustration at the current situation.
I think one of the best organised protests and one that certainly had an effect especially with the media was the pound sign Doug Ellis one.
How about for the away game at Arsenal getting 3 or 4000 A4 size paper printed with 0 on, then if we do score they can be ripped up and turned into confetti to celebrate this rare occassion, especially seeing as it will be Tarquins staff that have to clear up the mess, continue this till we next score, mind you Green peace may have intervened on behalf of the rain forest;s before then.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #490 on: January 20, 2015, 01:08:02 PM »
I think all agree it was a poorly thought out protest, very hard to achieve with any great amount of success, but as stated previously they are just letting out their frustration at the current situation.
I think one of the best organised protests and one that certainly had an effect especially with the media was the pound sign Doug Ellis one.
How about for the away game at Arsenal getting 3 or 4000 A4 size paper printed with 0 on, then if we do score they can be ripped up and turned into confetti to celebrate this rare occassion, especially seeing as it will be Tarquins staff that have to clear up the mess, continue this till we next score, mind you Green peace may have intervened on behalf of the rain forest;s before then.

ha ha I like that, or just a card with z printed on it so that there are loads of z's signifying the tedium of it all, or ultimately the arrows pointing to the goal

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #491 on: January 20, 2015, 08:25:44 PM »

ha ha I like that, or just a card with z printed on it so that there are loads of z's signifying the tedium of it all, or ultimately the arrows pointing to the goal

Like it.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #492 on: January 20, 2015, 08:26:40 PM »
The Z-card idea is excellent!

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #493 on: January 20, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »
The Z-card idea is excellent!

Should save that for Everton away.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #494 on: January 20, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal