collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lambert's replacement  (Read 187512 times)

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
Re: Lambert's replacement
« Reply #2190 on: February 14, 2015, 02:53:18 PM »
This is what happens when you put people who don't understand football in charge.

And a 3 year deal too? Ludicrous.

Everyone knows we are desperate so he was in the driving seat when it came to the contract terms.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2191 on: February 14, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
This is what happens when you put people who don't understand football in charge.

And a 3 year deal too? Ludicrous.

Everyone knows we are desperate so he was in the driving seat when it came to the contract terms.
Contracts mean nothing anyway.

I would hope with Fox here now, that if things go sour with Sherwood we'll act in good time. Lambert should have got the gun after Bradford in all honesty. If not then, certainly last season. It was a long, long time coming.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2192 on: February 14, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »
Swansea hired Gary Monk who most had never heard of and most thought would fail. He hasn't so I don't know that they wouldn't hire someone like him. .
A misleading argument.

Monk was appointed because he was known very well, so the risk was reduced.

Pochettino was a big gamble for saints which paid off

In both instances they were well researched decisions, and ones which suited each club's strategy.
Those appointments seem very different to potentially appointing Sherwood, primarily because he is available.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #2193 on: February 14, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »
A lot of people on this site ( which I love) have kicked the shit out of Tim Sherwood, he is a gobshite, a chancer, a cockney wanker, an embarrassment to the club and the City, people talking about him like they know him and have inside information, a lot of whats been written has been ridiculous and way over the top, well guess what he is now the manager of Aston Villa so lets put those feelings to one side and back him all the way, it may not work out but I for one am backing him 100%, welcome to our wonderful club Tim, I wish you all the best.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #2194 on: February 14, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »
How many managers have we had from that there London?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #2195 on: February 15, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »
How many managers have we had from that there London?
john Gregory ?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2196 on: February 15, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »
A lot of people on this site ( which I love) have kicked the shit out of Tim Sherwood, he is a gobshite, a chancer, a cockney wanker, an embarrassment to the club and the City, people talking about him like they know him and have inside information, a lot of whats been written has been ridiculous and way over the top, well guess what he is now the manager of Aston Villa so lets put those feelings to one side and back him all the way, it may not work out but I for one am backing him 100%, welcome to our wonderful club Tim, I wish you all the best.

You do realise that it is possible to want him to succeed and wish him all the best and still think the Club have made a mistake and that Sherwood is a bit of a tit.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #2197 on: February 15, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
Let's hope he learned from his spell at Spurs and has toned down the arrogance a tad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal