collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO  (Read 89558 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2016, 10:17:38 PM »
As far as Fox is concerned his measure of his success and therefore his bonus and remuneration has little or nothing to do with football results and everything to do with balance sheets, income, turnover and revenue.  Therefore he's probably quite right in thinking he's doing OK.
Good luck with that next season.

Targets get reset, limitations are taken into account, I bet he's still here and doing a great job for Team Lerner.

I doubt even Lerner would see us exiting the most lucrative league in the world as a success.

He's so detached I doubt he'll notice...
and that's the problem surely, he hasn't got a fkn clue whats going on, Fox definitely knows whats going on, and that's where my theories are born from !

Offline Fred

« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2016, 01:53:45 PM »
I wonder if we will have a new CEO once Mr Hollis has gone through a review of the club?

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »
Looking at the early comments of this thread there were many people who thought this was a great signing, as was Lambert etc We all have our views as fans and I'm not slating anybody for their views but it really does show that we know very little about the modern game. The only common denominator in our downfall is RL. I guess we just have to hope he manages to get rid of us and we move onto someone who will actually help rather than ruin?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »
A commercial officer coming in and doing the job of someone that really needs to have a footballing knowledge. How can a money man hire and fire managers? What relevant experience does he have? You look back on all our mistakes and when you take the excuses and forced reasonings away then they were always going to be mistakes. There's very few that you can say you couldn't see it coming.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2016, 12:27:39 PM »
Looking at the early comments of this thread there were many people who thought this was a great signing, as was Lambert etc We all have our views as fans and I'm not slating anybody for their views but it really does show that we know very little about the modern game. The only common denominator in our downfall is RL. I guess we just have to hope he manages to get rid of us and we move onto someone who will actually help rather than ruin?

He came with a track record of doing well in his previous role.  We were crying out for somebody with football experience.  When he was first appointed it looked like he might work.

After everything that has unravelled in the last twelve months, he's proven to be a disaster.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #485 on: March 17, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
And Facebook:

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Tom Fox as chief executive.

Randy Lerner: I was delighted and even flattered by Tom's interest in the Villa job. His achievements at Arsenal speak for themselves and, above all, his reputation as a leader and team builder makes him, to my mind, a great fit to take our club forward.

Tom Fox: Aston Villa has a long and rich history of success at the top of the game. The chance to work with Randy, Paul Lambert and Robin to help restore the Club to its rightful place in the Premier League is a challenge I'm really energised by and greatly looking forward to.

Well that worked out just swell.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #486 on: March 17, 2016, 07:20:12 PM »
And Facebook:

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Tom Fox as chief executive.

Randy Lerner: I was delighted and even flattered by Tom's interest in the Villa job. His achievements at Arsenal speak for themselves and, above all, his reputation as a leader and team builder makes him, to my mind, a great fit to take our club forward.

Tom Fox: Aston Villa has a long and rich history of success at the top of the game. The chance to work with Randy, Paul Lambert and Robin to help restore the Club to its rightful place in the Premier League is a challenge I'm really energised by and greatly looking forward to.

Well that worked out just swell.

Whenever we appoint someone, it's always how we're "flattered" they're interested - "flattered" someone fancies a £1.3m pa job running one of the biggest clubs in football?

I seem to recall we "persuaded" Sherwood to take the job from "a shortlist of one".

Then there was the famous Ferguson letter locked up in Randy's special box at the bottom of his bed.

It's all a bit small time.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #487 on: March 17, 2016, 07:28:59 PM »
Just about the first thing he did was announce Lambert's new contract as a reward for not losing in the first 4 games.  So his Villa career started badly and went downhill from there.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #488 on: March 17, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »
Just about the first thing he did was announce Lambert's new contract as a reward for not losing in the first 4 games.  So his Villa career started badly and went downhill from there.

Apparently the new kit deal he drew up is so good, the shirts are actually made of money.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #489 on: March 17, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »

Villa chief executive Tom Fox said: "We have a long-term vision for Villa.

"Paul is completely integrated into our plan to manage the club carefully and ambitiously back to a position in the Premier League appropriate to our history and collective expectations."

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #490 on: March 17, 2016, 08:01:33 PM »
RANDY LERNER has done a deal to take Arsenal high flyer Tom Fox from the Emirates and make him Aston Villa's new chief executive.
Lerner flew in from the USA this week and has headed the talks to persuade Fox , Arsenal's chief commercial officer, to leave the Gunners.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501283/EXCLUSIVE-Tom-Fox-deal-is-major-coup-for-Randy-Lerner-s-Aston-Villa

Back in the day it was a major coup!

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »
I wonder if we will have a new CEO once Mr Hollis has gone through a review of the club?

If you won't bump this, allow me.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #492 on: March 17, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
Had no idea he'd resigned until a few minutes ago.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #493 on: March 17, 2016, 08:31:04 PM »
RANDY LERNER has done a deal to take Arsenal high flyer Tom Fox from the Emirates and make him Aston Villa's new chief executive.
Lerner flew in from the USA this week and has headed the talks to persuade Fox , Arsenal's chief commercial officer, to leave the Gunners.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501283/EXCLUSIVE-Tom-Fox-deal-is-major-coup-for-Randy-Lerner-s-Aston-Villa

Back in the day it was a major coup!

It makes you wonder why Arsenal let him go so easily.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #494 on: March 17, 2016, 08:32:41 PM »
I'm imagining all this like the post Lufthansa heist segment of Goodfellas. I hope to be reading that they had to defrost Reilly for a couple days shortly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal