collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Parma Attendance  (Read 25286 times)

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Re: Parma Attendance
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
Are ticket holders who don't attend included in attendance figs ? Lots of people still on holidays

I think the answer to that is Yes, as they have bought a ticket to the game (every game that season) so attend or not your part of the games attendance.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
Looking around the ground the upper Trinity was virtually empty,not many in the upper Doug and plenty of empty seats in the lower wing areas,embarrassing !

I decided before kick-off that I wouldn't look backwards for fear of agoraphobia kicking in.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:44 AM »
 :)
Looking around the ground the upper Trinity was virtually empty,not many in the upper Doug and plenty of empty seats in the lower wing areas,embarrassing !

I decided before kick-off that I wouldn't look backwards for fear of agoraphobia kicking in.
lol

Offline jeowje

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2014, 09:09:52 AM »
Now that entrance to the ground is electronically registered it would be arguably easier to give the actual attendance i guess... Obviously better PR to release the higher figure though.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
So 30k in the end for Newcastle even though I thought there looked more from the TV.

Dosen't exactly bode well for Hull and shows we've probably struggled to even reach 20k in season ticket sales.
My guess is that there were quite a few who decided to go to Edgebaston  where there were 23000 ´Partygoers ´ watching Birmingham Bears in the  T20 Blast . Also, historically August has never been a good attendance month for us due to it being a massive Family Holiday travel month . Living here in Spain I see more Villa Shirts at this time  than at any other time of the Year . Factor in Television plus  a certain amount of ´wait and see´apathy ..........................Godzvilla!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
Are ticket holders who don't attend included in attendance figs ? Lots of people still on holidays

Yep, it's tickets sold these days not attendance.
So the "actual" attendance could easily have been sub 30k ? I can't see hull being much better what with it being a Sunday and also kids back to school the next day etc.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
I sit in the North Upper and in the row immediately in front of me, six people who have had season tickets for years didn't renew for this season. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2014, 11:22:49 AM »
The Newcastle attendance was the lowest attended first home game since 2000. Fans are voting with their feet.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »
The Newcastle attendance was the lowest attended first home game since 2000. Fans are voting with their feet.

Possibly, but how many of those others have been a 12.45 kick off on a Bank Holiday weekend with two more home games to follow in quick succession and live on the box?

I think crowds might take a dip this season but I just think one game given the circumstances above makes it difficult to draw firm conclusions.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »

Possibly, but how many of those others have been a 12.45 kick off on a Bank Holiday weekend with two more home games to follow in quick succession and live on the box?

I think crowds might take a dip this season but I just think one game given the circumstances above makes it difficult to draw firm conclusions.

I definitely think fans are voting with their feet because of what we've had to put up with over the last 4 or so years, but as ever at Villa the fans will come back as soon as things start to look up again. That isn't going to happen till we get a new owner though. Lerner is just doing the bare minimum at the moment.

Online Clampy

« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
I think there are obviously some fans who have chosen to give their season ticket a miss this year, which is their right. I'm not sure it's just because of the lack of big money transfers, the appalling home record and last season's terrible run in won't have helped either. Like Chris said though, it was on the telly, a bank holiday weekend with another two home games in 7 days to come. Let's see what the next few attendances look like.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
When you have an owner who has gone public saying more or less he's lost interest and this is backed up by a pathetic transfer budget coupled with an atrocious home record, it's not hard to see why 10,000 fans have disappeared. People have had it and said enoughs enough. The challenge will be enticing them back and that won't be as easy as some suggest.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
When you have an owner who has gone public saying more or less he's lost interest and this is backed up by a pathetic transfer budget coupled with an atrocious home record, it's not hard to see why 10,000 fans have disappeared. People have had it and said enoughs enough. The challenge will be enticing them back and that won't be as easy as some suggest.

Slight exaggeration, I think we have averaged 40k once or twice at most in 20 years. It's nearer 4k down.

Online Clampy

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »

10,000 haven't disappeared, it was just one game. Why not see what the next few attendances look like before coming out with statements like that.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2014, 01:43:51 PM »
Well Parma was 10k down on the Malaga friendly and the Newcastle game 8k down on last year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal