collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games 2014-15  (Read 1113019 times)

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
Re: Other Games 2014-15
« Reply #1710 on: September 21, 2014, 11:33:03 PM »
Ooh Miss...Miss...Gary Neville said "Sod" on the tele Miss! 

Angry mob predicted.

Aah, but was he talking about the pitch?

:) Patrice Evra, who he referred to as "An aggressive* sod" in a positive way and as something that was missing from the current ManU defence.

* or somesuch

I wish Gary Neville would stop talking complete and utter sense and I could get back to not liking him!

Offline supertom

« Reply #1711 on: September 21, 2014, 11:50:58 PM »
You gotta love the failure at Utd. LVG the supposed tactical maestro and saviour who has lead them thus far to their worst start since football began. Worse than Gollum last year.
The failure to sort that backline out was complete and utter madness too. Jones, Smalling and Evans are all shite. Jones is the only one whos a top 10 standard starting player but even then, he's not top 4 standard by any stretch. Shaw is still young of course. Rafael is shite and always has been. Can't defend to save his life. Okay going forward.

For me though their biggest problem at the moment is Wayne Rooney. He's a busted flush and he's being accommodated at the expense of better players and balance. If they wanted to play RVP and Falcao together, Rooney should have been dropped. It also means Di Maria who actually looks quality for them can't play as advanced as might benefit them more.

Rooneys no skipper either. Here's a player in rapid decline who's temperament and attitude is questionable, and he's not producing the sort of inspirational displays to make up for that and lead by example.
They'd honestly have been better off keeping Welbeck, who at least offers pace, workrate and constant running, to play with either RVP or Falcao.

The sooner they drop Rooney the better. So with that in mind. He hope he players every game.

Ulloa for Leicester looks a goodun it must be said. Think he could keep them up.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1712 on: September 22, 2014, 12:09:12 AM »
Ulloa did look good. So did Vardy. He worked hard and caused problems. Cool finish too. He benefited from a couple of officials errors but made the most of it. Interesting that the MOTD2 commentator didn't say anything about the ball being out for Leicester's first. The SKY summerisor  said it wasn't out! He also said the challenge by Vardy on Raphael and then the challenge the other way around for the penalty immediately after was debatable. Maybe the United media love in is dying down now they aren't in the Champions League and don't look like challenging for the title.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1713 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:35 AM »
Vardy, 1 goal and 4 assists. He'll have worse days as a footballer.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1714 on: September 22, 2014, 12:14:03 AM »
It appears we all missed the official memo. From various media sources it would appear he is now officially and universally called '36 year old Frank Lampard'.

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #1715 on: September 22, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
You gotta love the failure at Utd. LVG the supposed tactical maestro and saviour who has lead them thus far to their worst start since football began. Worse than Gollum last year.
The failure to sort that backline out was complete and utter madness too. Jones, Smalling and Evans are all shite. Jones is the only one whos a top 10 standard starting player but even then, he's not top 4 standard by any stretch. Shaw is still young of course. Rafael is shite and always has been. Can't defend to save his life. Okay going forward.

For me though their biggest problem at the moment is Wayne Rooney. He's a busted flush and he's being accommodated at the expense of better players and balance. If they wanted to play RVP and Falcao together, Rooney should have been dropped. It also means Di Maria who actually looks quality for them can't play as advanced as might benefit them more.

Rooneys no skipper either. Here's a player in rapid decline who's temperament and attitude is questionable, and he's not producing the sort of inspirational displays to make up for that and lead by example.
They'd honestly have been better off keeping Welbeck, who at least offers pace, workrate and constant running, to play with either RVP or Falcao.

The sooner they drop Rooney the better. So with that in mind. He hope he players every game.

Ulloa for Leicester looks a goodun it must be said. Think he could keep them up.

Agree with all of this and long may their tactical ineptitude continue. I'm loving it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1716 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:46 AM »

Agree but don't think you can question Rooneys work rate, he's often the first player back to help out the defence

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1717 on: September 22, 2014, 08:39:40 AM »
Thankfully for them but sadly for England being Captain means he will not be dropped anytime soon.

Really made my weekend especially after United FM (Talk Shite) had been going on like they were back after beating an awful QPR

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #1718 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:19 AM »

Agree but don't think you can question Rooneys work rate, he's often the first player back to help out the defence

As a captain Wayne is certainly no Dave Mackay or Billy Bremner. He doesnt appear to talk to his players. But John E is right Wayne does a lot of tracking back, in fact more than he should be doing. Phil Jones is a midfielder (in the Robson mould) he is not a centre half (too small)

Van Gaal needs to get things right and quickly. They look a poor team.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1719 on: September 22, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »
Phil Jones is a midfielder (in the Robson mould) he is not a centre half (too small)
p
He's 6ft 1 - he's four inches taller than Puyol, Danny Blind, Baresi and Cannavaro.

He might never be a fantastic centre half, but it won't be because he's too small.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #1720 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »
Phil Jones is a midfielder (in the Robson mould) he is not a centre half (too small)
p
He's 6ft 1 - he's four inches taller than Puyol, Danny Blind, Baresi and Cannavaro.

He might never be a fantastic centre half, but it won't be because he's too small.

My mistake. For some reason I thought he was about 5'10". Having said that Billy Wright (without checking) was about 5'8/5'9 and he played
for England over 100 times.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1721 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:52 AM »

As a captain Wayne is certainly no Dave Mackay or Billy Bremner. He doesnt appear to talk to his players. But John E is right Wayne does a lot of tracking back, in fact more than he should be doing. Phil Jones is a midfielder (in the Robson mould) he is not a centre half (too small)

Van Gaal needs to get things right and quickly. They look a poor team.

I don't question Waynes workrate, but he moans too much and he just gets into that mode where he's trying to hard and then his touch and his passing turn to shite. If things aren't going right his composure just seems to go. I agree too, he spends far too much time huffing and puffing when he's tracking back. He just expends too much energy on stuff he shouldn't be doing. It's all well and good to see him appearing to cover his fullback 10 times a game, but not when he doesn't look remotely like scoring at the other end for example.  Consequently because his fitness isn't as peak is it perhaps should be, he knackers himself out. Reminds me a bit of Brett Holman in that regard.

I think there's an expectation that comes with being a Utd skipper. In Rooney's case he needs to be the fulcrum of the side and he's got to be running the show, but he's not. I don't actually rate him that much as a number 10 player. In part because he wastes too much energy with all that running around, where-as your typical no 10 sort of player is generally a bit more lackadaisical in style. But I also don't think his touch and passing ability are as good as have often been made out. For an Englishman certainly, but for a Premier League side who are supposed to challenge in the top 2 every year, I don't think he is in comparison to Mata or Di Maria who could both be the key playmaker or no 10 in that side to better effect.
Rooney's always been better playing right up top, bullying center backs and using his movement and finishing in the box. Whether those abilities are too on the wane is another matter.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:39:00 AM by supertom »

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1722 on: September 22, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »
only saw the highlights on MOTD of the Man Utd game, so don't know what they played like over the 90, but they look pretty awesome in attack, D'maria looks a 60 million player,

they looked good to me in midfield and attack
It's just the defence that's rubbish, I mean 5 goals conceded !

Soon as they spend another 100 million on that in jan/summer they will be as good as anyone, unfortunately
It should have been sorted before obviously, but the good news is we can have a few months laughing at them
But they will be back, you can buy anything with money, apart from happiness

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1723 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:07 AM »

Rooney's gonna be knackered with all the tracking back he has to do to help bail out the Man Utd defence.

I think that for the breakaway goal Rooney was the only player trying to get back

The Man Utd fans are not happy...........

From 'UtdForum'

I'd love to see that cheating c**t Varney get a career ender next week. You know, the sort where the bottom of his leg is laying there at an impossible angle while he cries on camera.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1724 on: September 22, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
you can buy anything with money, apart from happiness

But you can be miserable in comfort

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal