collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Champions League Contention by Clampy

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by VillaTim
[Today at 06:16:02 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by VillaTim
[Today at 06:15:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birmingham Mail and Villa coverage  (Read 238858 times)

Offline He wears a magic hat

Re: Birmingham Mail and Villa coverage
« Reply #1230 on: November 24, 2016, 07:46:13 PM »
There was one being sung on the concourse at Brighton. Pretty funny as far as I'm concerned but may not be to everyone's liking. What's been said

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1231 on: November 24, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »
Lol. The mail has been infiltrated by a load of dogshitters/stripeys and their inferiority complex. The publication is obsessed with us.

Woollaston is definitely a Villa obsessive. 

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #1232 on: November 29, 2016, 01:28:50 PM »
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't see it and wasn't sure where to put this - apparently 10% of Bodymoor Heath is to be taken out by HS2 if/when it gets extended beyond Birmingham as reported in the Mail.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1233 on: November 29, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »
Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't see it and wasn't sure where to put this - apparently 10% of Bodymoor Heath is to be taken out by HS2 if/when it gets extended beyond Birmingham as reported in the Mail.

Aston Villa set to launch HS2 multi-million pound compensation claim;
Villa believe they have a strong case under a government scheme

BYLINE: By Aidan McCartney

SECTION: SPORT

LENGTH: 204 words

could in line for millions in compensation because of the HS2 railway and its impact on the club's training base.

The latest plans for the £24.7billion high-speed link between Birmingham and London show it cutting through a chunk of Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground

And that could see Villa launching a multi-million pound claim after commissioning reports into the likely noise and environmental effects.

Former owner Randy Lerner spent £9m upgrading Villa's training facilities - only to discover that the rail line cuts straight through two training pitches when the government unveiled its plans.

The club have no chance of halting the development, with construction work due to start in the spring and continue for the next 10 years.

But Villa believe they have a strong case under a government scheme to compensate landowners along the route.

The House of Lords Select Committee on HS2 heard from Villa two weeks ago and they are now in talks.

A spokesperson at HS2 Ltd said: "Approximately 10 per cent of Aston Villa's training ground is needed for phase one of the HS2 project.

"We are talking to the club and are optimistic about finding a positive solution that works for the project and Villa."

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #1234 on: November 29, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
I'm a little pissed at this - Wet Spam are given an Olympic stadium - Aston Villa, after being at Bodymoor Heath for decades need to lose part of their facilities. FFS

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1235 on: November 29, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »
I can think of a few million ways we can settle this...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1236 on: November 29, 2016, 05:57:58 PM »
I can think of a few million ways we can settle this...

Every Man Utd supporting accountant from the South East using the service north to the Theatre of Exessive Spending for Little Return, must debunk en-route for a 20 minute, outdoor naked pressure washing at Bodymoor Heath.

On grounds of contamination safeguarding.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1237 on: November 30, 2016, 08:26:37 AM »
I reckon a toll for passing over BMH. A levy paid by every passenger, as well as compensation.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1238 on: December 12, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
As shit a rag as it is, this remains one of the funniest articles of all time. Always deserves an airing every now and again.

DEFIANT Blues fans took to the streets in protest against the decision not to allow an open-top bus tour through Birmingham to mark the team’s Carling Cup win.

Despite fans last week claiming thousands would gather for their own unofficial celebration, only around 100 gathered in the city centre’s Victoria Square having walked there in small groups following the civic reception at St Andrew’s yesterday.

They then marched through the streets, chanting: “We’re Birmingham City, we’ll do what we want,” as bewildered shoppers looked on.

They stopped outside Aston Villa FC’s official shop on New Street, where they shouted and swore to workers inside, before heading on through Bullring shopping centre up to the Chinese Quarter and along Hurst Street.

They started to disband after getting lost and failing to find Sherlock Street, where they had planned to end their protest over Birmingham City Council’s decision not to hold a parade due to health and safety reasons.

Andrew Henry, a 21-year-old trainee social worker, of Sheldon, attached a huge Blues flag to the columns of the Council House.

“I know I am speaking on behalf of every Birmingham City FC supporter when I say I am disappointed we didn’t get an open-top bus parade,” he said.

Brendan Anderson, 46, a builder of Bartley Green, who was in Victoria Square with his son Liam, 12, added: “I can’t believe we have been denied this parade, it’s a disgrace.”

Carer Kevin Roberts, aged 45, of Yardley, said: “I think it’s appalling. The official celebration was pathetic It would have been much better to have done something last week. It’s spoilt it for me really. It’s like we never won.”

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #1239 on: December 12, 2016, 12:36:06 PM »
Lol....a classic

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1240 on: December 12, 2016, 02:24:47 PM »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1241 on: December 12, 2016, 03:18:06 PM »

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1243 on: December 12, 2016, 07:42:03 PM »

could in line for millions in compensation because of the HS2 railway and its impact on the club's training base.

The latest plans for the £24.7billion high-speed link between Birmingham and London show it cutting through a chunk of Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground

And that could see Villa launching a multi-million pound claim after commissioning reports into the likely noise and environmental effects.

Former owner Randy Lerner spent £9m upgrading Villa's training facilities - only to discover that the rail line cuts straight through two training pitches when the government unveiled its plans.

The club have no chance of halting the development, with construction work due to start in the spring and continue for the next 10 years.

But Villa believe they have a strong case under a government scheme to compensate landowners along the route.

The House of Lords Select Committee on HS2 heard from Villa two weeks ago and they are now in talks.

A spokesperson at HS2 Ltd said: "Approximately 10 per cent of Aston Villa's training ground is needed for phase one of the HS2 project.

"We are talking to the club and are optimistic about finding a positive solution that works for the project and Villa."

The route affecting BH was published years ago albeit only now formally confirmed. Hopefully someone with some nous at the club will have been making plans to move altogether rather than stay on part

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1244 on: December 12, 2016, 08:00:43 PM »

The route affecting BH was published years ago albeit only now formally confirmed. Hopefully someone with some nous at the club will have been making plans to move altogether rather than stay on part

No need, only affects one/two of the pitches apparently.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal