collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Roy Keane - new assistant manager (CONFIRMED)  (Read 225257 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Roy Keane - new assistant manager (CONFIRMED)
« Reply #1365 on: October 28, 2014, 06:33:37 PM »
Has he actually got his arse of the bench once during a match since he joined us?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1366 on: October 28, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »
When Lambert was being interviewed by Sky after the game last night, the interviewer asked him what had been said in the changing room.  Lambert (correctly in my view) responded that what was said behind the dressing room doors should remain there.  Keane should take a leaf out of his book, the gossipy twat, I'm sick of hearing about his bloody biography.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #1367 on: October 28, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
From the bits I could see I thought he looked pretty disinterested last night

At one point last night it looked like he saying a couple of Hail Marys.  Of course he could just have been praying that Lambert gets the boot and he can go too with a nice little severance package.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1368 on: October 28, 2014, 08:15:32 PM »

At one point last night it looked like he saying a couple of Hail Marys.  Of course he could just have been praying that Lambert gets the boot and he can go too with a nice little severance package.

Or maybe he's thinking how he'll do things differently when he gets the job.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #1369 on: October 28, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »
I Genuinely don't think he'd take it.  The Ireland gig suits him right now, and why take on mission impossible, when he's now part of the problem.

He'd be on a hiding to nothing if he took it on and if there's one thing Keane is, I'd say it was calculating.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1370 on: October 28, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »

Or maybe he's thinking how he'll do things differently when he gets the job.

Yep, probably planning which of his two bosses to usurp first!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1371 on: October 28, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »
Keane will be gone before Xmas. His heart's not in it, and let's be honest he hasn't made a scrap of difference. We are still shit.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1372 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:13 AM »
Keane will be gone before Xmas. His heart's not in it, and let's be honest he hasn't made a scrap of difference. We are still shit.

In fairness he did that thing when he refused to shake Jose the special ones hand, and made him look a bit of a numty,
Which was nice

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #1373 on: October 29, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
I Genuinely don't think he'd take it.  The Ireland gig suits him right now, and why take on mission impossible, when he's now part of the problem.

He'd be on a hiding to nothing if he took it on and if there's one thing Keane is, I'd say it was calculating.

Agree and he can always go back to his punditry - let's face facts most channels would have him because he'll stir the hornets nest and can be the one maverick pundit. There aren't many.

Bascially you have the thoughtful, insightful ones like Hansen when he fisrt started andnow Danny Murphy and Gary Neville
Then you have the part of the circus clowns, bandwagon jumpers and not very bright - Savage and Ian Wright for instance
Then many of the others are much of a muchness or just downright lazy fuckers like Lawro

A gap in market for someone like Keane.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1374 on: October 29, 2014, 09:43:29 AM »
The novelty value having Keane around has certainly worn off. It's just a gig to him. He's probably, by his standards, been quite restrained and we're still playing very much like a Paul Lambert side (unfortunately). And yes, he'll be gone in the next couple of months.

As for the prospect of him taking over should Lambert get shoved? No chance in hell. He's worked with these players and has sat and watched them from the touchline. If that's not enough to put someone off, I don't know what is. I think he's getting more and more bored of us by the minute probably. He's had enough exposure back in the Prem for his book. Once Crimbo has gone and the interest in that wanes, or gets overtaken by someone elses book (Rio has one coming out), then he'll go back to his cushy Ireland job.

He seems to prefer the No2 position at the moment. He comes in, does his thing, doesn't get any blame, doesn't deal with the politics.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1375 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:35 AM »
to allow the manger to act with impunity is unfortunate. To allow an assistant manager to do so  as well is sheer carelessness.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1376 on: October 29, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »
Keane's days in football are numbered. After a disasterous first run as manager, he's now taking an apprenticeship from Dumb and Dumber, possibly two of the most tactically clueless managers around. He's on a hiding to nothing.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1377 on: October 30, 2014, 11:32:12 AM »
I do wonder somewhat cynically whether he took the Villa role to help raise his profile in time for his book release.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
« Reply #1378 on: October 30, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
The novelty value having Keane around has certainly worn off. It's just a gig to him. He's probably, by his standards, been quite restrained and we're still playing very much like a Paul Lambert side (unfortunately). And yes, he'll be gone in the next couple of months.

As for the prospect of him taking over should Lambert get shoved? No chance in hell. He's worked with these players and has sat and watched them from the touchline. If that's not enough to put someone off, I don't know what is. I think he's getting more and more bored of us by the minute probably. He's had enough exposure back in the Prem for his book. Once Crimbo has gone and the interest in that wanes, or gets overtaken by someone elses book (Rio has one coming out), then he'll go back to his cushy Ireland job.

He seems to prefer the No2 position at the moment. He comes in, does his thing, doesn't get any blame, doesn't deal with the politics.

Well he's at the right club then, because right now we are shit.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1379 on: October 30, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »
I wasn't impressed by the appointment, but it seems a bit harsh to be lumping so much blame on Keane.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal