collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herbert on Scudamore.  (Read 7132 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Herbert on Scudamore.
« on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:56 AM »
Our former glorious leader claims to have got Scudamore his job at the PL and then waxes lyrical about the billions in Sky money that Scudamore got for the PL as if that's the most important thing in this sorry mess.
The Beeb should stop contacting 90 year old fossils for quotes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zdrfq

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Herbert on Scudamore.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
I didn't hear him today but I did the other night, and he was rambling and sounded confused.

I agree, he's 90 years old, it's unfair to get him on radio any more.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »
Didn't come across very well.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:03 AM »
is it just me that thinks the only reason Scudamore hasn't been shown the door is because his fellow bigwigs at the Premier League are paranoid that the contents of their emails are just as incriminating?

I bet the delete button on the computers at Premier League HQ have taken a hammering in the last week

Offline Boz

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
Whether Scudamore's e-mails were private or not, he sent them and disrespected women generally by his remarks. He's not fit to hold the job and should be sacked, but of course all his mates at the premier league are probably just as bad.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Whether Scudamore's e-mails were private or not, he sent them and disrespected women generally by his remarks. He's not fit to hold the job and should be sacked, but of course all his mates at the premier league are probably just as bad.

Yup - and that is why they voted for him to stay on. Especially as he is the one who gets the goose to lay golden eggs.

Offline Chris Stares

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
is it just me that thinks the only reason Scudamore hasn't been shown the door is because his fellow bigwigs at the Premier League are paranoid that the contents of their emails are just as incriminating?

I bet the delete button on the computers at Premier League HQ have taken a hammering in the last week

It's not just you Chico.  It's the same for politicians.  The reason that politicians from across the so-called political divide are so reluctant to expose any wrong-doing on the other side is because their laundry is every bit as dirty.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
What did Scudamore actually say? On every report I've read it says he's made sexist remarks but doesn't mention what they were.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
Just heard that they've decided to take no action on Scudamore but are suing the woman who leaked the emails. Just about sums the state of the suits running the game now.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
What did Scudamore actually say? On every report I've read it says he's made sexist remarks but doesn't mention what they were.
In one he said women are irrational, and in another he referred to "big tiited broads." 

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 12:04:15 PM »

he probably forwarded the 'Tit Monday' thread, if it happened to be along those lines I think he should keep his job

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
In one he said women are irrational, and in another he referred to "big tiited broads."

Yeah, but what were the controversial things he's supposed to have said?

I jest, of course, female H&Vers!

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »
Just heard that they've decided to take no action on Scudamore but are suing the woman who leaked the emails. Just about sums the state of the suits running the game now.

She might want to sit in on today's IIA Whistleblower webinar

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »

she wants a good slap on the arse

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »

Yeah, but what were the controversial things he's supposed to have said?

I jest, of course, female H&Vers!

Here you go - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857

I'm far from a fan of Richard Scudamore on the basis he's had by far the biggest influence (after HDE) in destroying any chance of the Villa competing at the top of the league but this does seem to have been blown out of proportion quite substantially.  They're stupid emails to send but as an example, the quote in the second line of this report isn't even something he wrote!  You get the feeling he's got a few enemies in Fleet Street who've spied an opportunity to take him down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal