collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Sack Manager Ads  (Read 74325 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa Sack Manager Ads
« Reply #600 on: April 28, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
There's some great un-staged pics on Pravda of the squad training after the news of Ads sacking. Lots of smiles and happy faces. Apparently it's better than it's been for weeks.

Not what I have heard.

I've heard morale is truly fucking terrible down there.

In fact, it is a situation not unlike the Lord of the Flies, or that broken down train sketch in The Day Today.

The squad has formed into two distinct camps, each dedicated to the destruction of the other.

The one camp have annointed Nicklas Helenius as their 'king', and are camped in the woods around BMH, carving effigies of the big Dane as they await his further orders. The other are lead by Andi "Flamey" Weimann, and are operating out of the Star City branch of Nando's. Weimann has, apparently, built up a cult of personality down there, and the older squad members have bought in to it.

They even reckon he's got the Bomb Squad on side.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #601 on: April 28, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
There's some great un-staged pics on Pravda of the squad training after the news of Ads sacking. Lots of smiles and happy faces. Apparently it's better than it's been for weeks.

Not what I have heard.

In fact, it is a situation not unlike the Lord of the Flies, or that broken down train sketch in The Day Today.

The squad has formed into two distinct camps, each dedicated to the destruction of the other.

The one camp have annointed Nicklas Helenius as their 'king', and are camped in the woods around BMH, carving effigies of the big Dane as they await his further orders. The other are lead by Andi "Flamey" Weimann, and are operating out of the Star City branch of Nando's. Weimann has, apparently, built up a cult of personality down there, and the older squad members have bought in to it.

Although the bomb squadies can only order off the kids menu.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #602 on: April 28, 2014, 10:58:06 PM »

Not what I have heard.

Although the bomb squadies can only order off the kids menu.

Indeed.

Then, when the faction sometimes go for a pint afterwards, they make the BS wait outside, like children. Or filthy dogs, which is obviously what they all are.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #603 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
Seeing where the position we are now in the post Ads aftermath, I wish he'd been given more time.

I always thought he was the right man for the job. We've been too quick to swing the axe. I always thought be brought the best out of the players for the hours he was in charge.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #604 on: April 28, 2014, 11:14:53 PM »
Seeing where the position we are now in the post Ads aftermath, I wish he'd been given more time.

I always thought he was the right man for the job. We've been too quick to swing the axe. I always thought be brought the best out of the players for the hours he was in charge.

Well, we didn't lose under his tenure. We need a Brian McDermott style reinstatement.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »
We need a real Villa man who understands the club and can build on a philosophy

Ads for DoF

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »
Have to say, I'd never really wanted Moyes. He's not my type of manager at all - there's something in the dour, cheerless, safety-first way he sets his teams out which makes me really apathetic towards football.

I agree, Moyes' style is very cautious but there is a chance that he will reflect on the Man U experience and also what is being said at Everton and think that he needs to take his foot off the break a bit. 

Regardless, I'd prefer us to go down a more european route and get a DoF in and then a new head coach.  Neither role suites Moyes.

Great. He sounds perfect.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #607 on: April 28, 2014, 11:42:56 PM »
Adition by subtraction is how I see it.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #608 on: April 28, 2014, 11:43:08 PM »
If anyone thought Houllier could be confrontational, he's nothing compared to Magath.

Ha, didnt know he had previous!?  He does look like a loon!!

From Wiki

As a manager, Magath quickly gained respect and became notorious for his hard, grinding training methods, laying heavy emphasis on discipline, fitness and conditioning. Players gave him nicknames like "Saddam" (Saddam Hussein) or “Quälix”, a rhyming mash of his first name Felix and the German verb “quälen” (to torture).[16] He was once described by former Eintracht Frankfurt player Bachirou Salou as the "last dictator in Europe".[17]

He sounds perfect.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #609 on: April 29, 2014, 12:02:34 AM »
New day, new manager.  I'd like to nominate the Archbish, if we go down at least we might still be smiling.

Offline supertom

« Reply #610 on: April 29, 2014, 12:39:29 AM »
New day, new manager.  I'd like to nominate the Archbish, if we go down at least we might still be smiling.

All his post match interviews would descend into vivid descriptions of his bowel movements...

so naturally that makes him 10x more interesting than Lambert already. ;)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #611 on: April 29, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »
Assuming Ads left with all the Prozac, you may have a point, Dr G.

On reflection, all those who argued about keeping Ads for "stability" may actually have had a point.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:46:50 AM by The Sound of Villadelphia »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #612 on: April 29, 2014, 01:01:12 AM »
I'll never forget Ads. He was a true gentleman manager. 
Loved the times he was caught wrestling with the Fourth Official in the technical area. What a character!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #613 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:09 AM »
I have some ITK. Ads is in consideration for the soon to be vacant England manager spot. Good luck to him I say.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #614 on: April 29, 2014, 06:54:15 AM »
wearing only y-fronts in front of a packed Wembley, the press have already dubbed him 'the prat with a gnat'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal