collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2655163 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #8535 on: December 16, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »
No and no.

Offline LTA

« Reply #8536 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:06 PM »
Fox is probably just saying what his boss wants him to say.  I don't get the hysteria with Fox being some sort of genius.  If hes as brilliant as people say he is, why did Arsenal not fight to keep him?

Hes a puppet, just like Lambert.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8537 on: December 16, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »
If hes as brilliant as people say he is, why did Arsenal not fight to keep him?
How do you know how hard Arsenal did or didn't try to keep him?

And he's not a player under contract - he's received a promotion and I would assume a pay-rise to join us. What are Arsenal supposed to do? Kick out their own Chief Executive to make room for him?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #8538 on: December 16, 2014, 09:09:24 PM »
Fox is probably just saying what his boss wants him to say.  I don't get the hysteria with Fox being some sort of genius.  If hes as brilliant as people say he is, why did Arsenal not fight to keep him?

Hes a puppet, just like Lambert.

Personally, I think it gives Lerner too much credit to imagine he needs people to take the flak for his dastardly deeds. He's the owner, he can do pretty much what he likes. The reason Lambert's still in a job is not because he's an apologist, it's just that he's doing just enough in Lerner's eyes to keep the club where he wants. The fact that he's not the type to mouth off about how his hands are tied works for the pair of them - it takes the attention off the big list of shortcomings he has as a football manager.

Fox is a stranger decision, granted. It was a bit of a hyped appointment, but without regular and substantial cash injections from the man who counts, he'll just be doing the same as Faulkner, arranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #8539 on: December 16, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »
talking about a future that might happen but has no actual timeframe.

Didn't Fox come out and say that we should be challenging consistently in the top 7/8 and that it shouldn't take more than 3 years? Something along those lines. Sounds to me like we may be investing a bit more again, the only problem being do you trust Lambert to spend the money or do you trust him whatever is spent to make the team the sum of its parts?

When Lambert has spent money he's not done a bad job to be fair - Sanchez, Kozak, Okore, Benteke, Vlaar. His coaching, tactics and use of those players is far more questionable.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #8540 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »
talking about a future that might happen but has no actual timeframe.

Didn't Fox come out and say that we should be challenging consistently in the top 7/8 and that it shouldn't take more than 3 years? Something along those lines. Sounds to me like we may be investing a bit more again, the only problem being do you trust Lambert to spend the money or do you trust him whatever is spent to make the team the sum of its parts?

When Lambert has spent money he's not done a bad job to be fair - Sanchez, Kozak, Okore, Benteke, Vlaar. His coaching, tactics and use of those players is far more questionable.

Benteke has been a hell of a find but the rest have hardly pulled up any trees yet.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8541 on: December 16, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

And he's not a player under contract - he's received a promotion and I would assume a pay-rise to join us. What are Arsenal supposed to do? Kick out their own Chief Executive to make room for him?

Exactly, it is a bizarre line of argument.

He's got a promotion. He's not a footballer, he's been offered a role as Chief Executive Officer of a Premier League football club and decided to accept.

How anyone can "know" how much Arsenal rated him based on that is beyond me.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #8542 on: December 16, 2014, 11:51:14 PM »
If Arsenal didn't rate him I doubt they'd have employed him for 5 years.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #8543 on: December 16, 2014, 11:54:40 PM »
If Arsenal didn't rate him I doubt they'd have employed him for 5 years.

They must have been well annoyed when he got them that gigantic Puma shirt deal.

Offline Rico

« Reply #8544 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »
What I find most frustrating about the whole situation at the moment is the continuing wall of silence about the ownership issue. Is the club still for sale or not? Now,  I understand that everything has it's price, and as a small business owner myself if someone came into my shop and offered me more than what the business is worth then I would sell up, but Randy Lerner could put a stop to this speculation by issuing a statement.  Either the club is still up for sale, or it's not.  If the club is still for sale, I can't see lambert being replaced anytime soon, but what really baffles me is as I understand it Randy Lerner is a billionaire.  Think about that for a moment.  A billionaire,  a thousand million. When he took over the club he was a billionaire several times over. I understand that he lost money due to the collapse of the banking industry,  but he recently sold the Brown's for the best part of a billion dollars. So, if he's lost interest in the Villa, fair enough.  Just lower the asking price and get out. Anyone who has ever took the risk of starting their own business knows that sometimes things go wrong that are completely out of your control, and that the only sensible option is to move on. Sometimes you just can't get all of your money back. That's life. Move on. If you haven't lost interested then a simple statement of intent would help end all of this speculation.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #8545 on: December 17, 2014, 11:38:45 AM »

Don't you know it's common knowledge he's a serial killer? Arsenal sent him to Villa so we get all the embarrassment when he's up in court. And we're paying for his bail too.

Another low.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8546 on: December 17, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »

Exactly, it is a bizarre line of argument.

He's got a promotion. He's not a footballer, he's been offered a role as Chief Executive Officer of a Premier League football club and decided to accept.

How anyone can "know" how much Arsenal rated him based on that is beyond me.
Also, Brian Doogan must have been a rubbish Head of Media as we didn't fight to keep him when he decided to leave for a better job.

And Jonathan Calderwood, clearly a hopeless groundsman as we didn't fight when he decided to leave to go to Paris St Germain.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #8547 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »

Don't you know it's common knowledge he's a serial killer?

Let's hope he starts with the "coaching" team, then.

oviously, i don't really want the coaching team to be killed by a serial killer. or any kind of killer, in fact

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #8548 on: December 17, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Listening to to Talkshite, the Qataries are interested in buying  a EPL club, but prefer London....Randy, pick up the phone and do your best sales pitch.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8549 on: December 17, 2014, 03:06:48 PM »
Listening to to Talkshite, the Qataries are interested in buying  a EPL club, but prefer London....Randy, pick up the phone and do your best sales pitch.

Tottenham become minted might just push me over the edge....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal