collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2655011 times)

Offline pig

• GM : 01.04.2016
Re: Anyone else heard this?
« Reply #1260 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »
What is the latest ITK know over threre?  The last I read was we were sold to the Texas Rangers pair, and then a second golden spanner made a bid.  Has anything developed from there?

I heard the potential new owner failed a credit check.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1261 on: April 24, 2014, 09:33:17 AM »
only because his 30 day trial at Experian had just expired

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1262 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »
What is the latest ITK know over threre?  The last I read was we were sold to the Texas Rangers pair, and then a second golden spanner made a bid.  Has anything developed from there?

He can't be an american then

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #1263 on: April 24, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »

All apart from that Elagabalus bloke who is a total wanker, he gives the site a bad name

Amazing that they have now banned Elegebius (or whatever) but have not yet twigged that he is also Mordecia and he is carrying on with his (not so) subtle digs at H&V (which Eastie agreed with adding a nice little go at the independence of the fanzine along the way).
Okay so Chris Jephcott stepped in on this one so maybe TBAR are getting on top of things, but I won't hold my breathe to be honest, it'll start again, too many on there with axes to grind I'm afraid.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1264 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:38 PM »
Chris Jephcott is a decent guy.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #1265 on: April 24, 2014, 12:17:35 PM »
Dave - I am trying my best, but it is a bit like fire fighting from time to time. I don't want inter forum bickering and fighting as it really adds nothing to anyone at all and just annoys everybody all over the place.

If there's a problem somewhere along the line, I'd much rather the two places coexisted peacefully and things could be sorted out in a sensible way - rather than everyone getting prickly with each other.

I will check on Mordecia very shortly too - but have to pack a suitcase and go into work. From email addresses given at registration, I believe him to be someone else - but will check on this shortly.

If you've got any further issues though, please feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Legion... thank you very much.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1266 on: April 24, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »
no transfer news / potential signings for ages on here

I like those threads ;)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1267 on: April 24, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »

Yes apparently high phone bill and £90 a month gym membership and £120 a month takeaway charges at Big Johns worked against him.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #1268 on: April 24, 2014, 12:29:03 PM »
Cheers Chris, I did notice how quick you were to stifle that one, but you have a lot of Moderators on there and yet the digs continue, no one is expecting you to do it all yourself!
I twigged Mordecia straight away, but then his posting style from forums and alter-egos passim is so bloody obvious! Give him another day or so and he'll drop some obscure soap actress into a post then you'll know for sure.

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #1269 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:20 PM »
Dave, it's more to do with a few of us working shift patterns (like myself). I can't guarantee I'll be around all the time to step in, so hopefully somebody else will do. Hopefully also it will be with the same attitude too.

I'd like to think that both forums can have the same users - but the only way to do that is to make sure that stupid things are not being said in either direction. Which is what I'm aiming to try and do at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on him.

Anyway, off to the Isle of Man for 2 nights now with work. Could do without it on balance!! 

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #1270 on: April 24, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
Dave, it's more to do with a few of us working shift patterns (like myself). I can't guarantee I'll be around all the time to step in, so hopefully somebody else will do. Hopefully also it will be with the same attitude too.

I'd like to think that both forums can have the same users - but the only way to do that is to make sure that stupid things are not being said in either direction. Which is what I'm aiming to try and do at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on him.

Anyway, off to the Isle of Man for 2 nights now with work. Could do without it on balance!! 

TT FN.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #1271 on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
It's always difficult to turn the wheels of commerce and Villa forums at the same time!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1272 on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »

I'll keep an eye on him.

You might meet our old friend risso,
he was always a good one for forum peace and harmony

Offline olaftab

« Reply #1273 on: April 24, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
TT FN.
Right I am reporting you as affiliated to activities synonymous with former Radio DJ's.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1274 on: April 24, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »

I twigged Mordecia straight away

Oscar Goldman, Disco Stu, Stuart T.Swann, Councillor Swann etc are possibly the only 'people' to make me think Bono isn't so bad after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal