collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Takeover Thread - Recon Group - NOW WITH NEW POLL  (Read 2655218 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: The Still Current Lack of an Imminent Takeover Thread WITH CHILDISH POLL
« Reply #11985 on: May 06, 2016, 07:01:17 PM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm Chairman Steve Hollis remains in active negotiations over the sale of the Club.

Chairman Steve Hollis said: "We are in very constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new Owner.

"There has been no shortage of parties who would like to own Aston Villa but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the Club to winning the highest honours in European football.

"The appointment of the manager is at this time inextricably linked to the current negotiations."

The Club has consulted with supporter representatives over the annual lap of appreciation and understand in the current circumstances that would not be appropriate.

Throughout a bitterly disappointing campaign our supporters have been the one positive and the Club would like to thank them all for their tremendous support.

which could lead to the sale of the club

hhhmmm

Well he'd be a bit foolish to say 'will' before a deal is signed.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11986 on: May 06, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
Aston Villa Football Club can confirm Chairman Steve Hollis remains in active negotiations over the sale of the Club.

Chairman Steve Hollis said: "We are in very constructive negotiations which could lead to the sale of the Club to a new Owner.

"There has been no shortage of parties who would like to own Aston Villa but our negotiations are now with those parties that we believe will have the passion and ambition to return the Club to winning the highest honours in European football.

"The appointment of the manager is at this time inextricably linked to the current negotiations."

The Club has consulted with supporter representatives over the annual lap of appreciation and understand in the current circumstances that would not be appropriate.

Throughout a bitterly disappointing campaign our supporters have been the one positive and the Club would like to thank them all for their tremendous support.

which could lead to the sale of the club

hhhmmm

Yes could, it's a business deal. It could fall through. If he said 'will lead to a sale' and it didn't happen then there would be more wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11987 on: May 06, 2016, 07:16:18 PM »
I don't think Hollis is a liar, but all other things being equal I also don't believe that Lerner is holding out for the 'best' owner. With the financial position he's in, he'll take whatever bid comes his way. The rest is just flannel.

If that was the case, wouldn't he have sold it by now?

No.  I suspect there's been a lot of negotiating over the price which undoubtedly is far, far lower than the Lerner Trust would like, and of course due diligence for a deal this size takes a while.  I absolutely do not believe that any delays are due to Lerner evaluating such intangible qualities as "passion and ambition".  It's bollocks.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #11988 on: May 06, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
I don't think Hollis is a liar, but all other things being equal I also don't believe that Lerner is holding out for the 'best' owner. With the financial position he's in, he'll take whatever bid comes his way. The rest is just flannel.

If that was the case, wouldn't he have sold it by now?

No.  I suspect there's been a lot of negotiating over the price which undoubtedly is far, far lower than the Lerner Trust would like, and of course due diligence for a deal this size takes a while.  I absolutely do not believe that any delays are due to Lerner evaluating such intangible qualities as "passion and ambition".  It's bollocks.
Let's just hope he doesn't screw it up like the last one!

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #11989 on: May 06, 2016, 07:26:47 PM »
"The first guy had brogues, brown ones, which are nice, but the second guy had deck shoes, and I like deck shoes, especially with Chinos and a nice cashmere sweater, so I really don't know. What was the third guy wearing again? Loafers. Loafers are nice. And he had the best handshake. Boy, what a handshake. I just... don't know."

Randy, earlier, evaluating passion and ambition.

Offline Quiet Lion

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #11990 on: May 06, 2016, 07:52:12 PM »
what a tasteless & tactless analogy ; of course it isn't, as a protest at VP won't result in 1m people being killed or maimed.

Too soon?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11991 on: May 06, 2016, 08:05:25 PM »
Richard E is worse than Douglas Haig, IMO.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #11992 on: May 06, 2016, 08:06:08 PM »

I'm worse than Hitler.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #11993 on: May 06, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »

I'm worse than Hitler.

Are you saying that Douglas Haig was worse than Hitler? If so, I make you bang out of order.

Labour's antisemitism problem has engulfed H&V!

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #11994 on: May 06, 2016, 08:10:56 PM »

I'm worse than Hitler.

In pretty poor taste, shame on you

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #11995 on: May 06, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »
Some people pick over every single word of a statement and read bs or conspiracy theory.  The word 'could' is entirely correct language.  In the same way your house isn't sold until completion then the sale of a £100m football club can collapse at any stage until a deal completes.  We've been here before haven't we replacing the word could with 'will' would be irresponsible.

There is no way we wouldn't have appointed a manager by now unless the sale has real legs (unless we are waiting for someone to walk away from a club).

Rather than picking over every word, as Butler used to say everyone get their prayer mats out that this gets over the line and in good time.  Because the alternative ie Lerner continuing to own a club he has no interest in with almost no likelihood of anything other than self generated funding is too stomach churning to think about.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #11996 on: May 06, 2016, 08:29:40 PM »

I'm worse than Hitler.

Even Ken Livingstone has dissociated himself from me.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #11997 on: May 06, 2016, 08:39:06 PM »

I'm worse than Hitler.

Even Ken Livingstone has dissociated himself from me.

The Newt Nation have condemned Red Ken and demanded he immediately release any of their species.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #11998 on: May 06, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »
Reptile on Reptile?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #11999 on: May 06, 2016, 08:49:36 PM »
Reptile on Reptile?

Out of order. Newts are amphibians.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal