collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Lotto  (Read 4018 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Aston Villa Lotto
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
Win £21.4m

The club are delighted to announce the launch of Aston Villa Lotto - an exciting new online game which gives fans the chance to place their bets in the hope of landing life-changing jackpots.

The action gets underway with the first draw on Saturday March 1, with an estimated jackpot of £21.4m.

Supporters can bet in the hope of winning multimillion-pound cash prizes, with the extra incentive of knowing that every penny the club receives will benefit Villa in the Community, the banner under which all of Villa's social responsibility and community work falls under.

Working across five key areas - football and sports participation, education, health, youth cohesion and environment - Villa in the Community uses the power of the Villa brand to address social issues and affect positive change.

Ravi Masih, Community Manager at Villa, said, "We are very excited by the launch of Aston Villa Lotto.

"The funds raised will provide vital funding to help support and build on the various projects Villa in the Community runs to tackle important social issues in Birmingham and beyond.

"By playing Aston Villa Lotto, fans will help us address issues such as literacy, education and improving health and fitness, to name but a few."

With draws every Wednesday and Saturday, supporters aged 18 and over can select their numbers from 1 to 49, plus one Villa legend, from Nigel Spink to Dwight Yorke.

Each lotto bet costs just £1.50 and players can sign up for single draws or opt to subscribe to ensure that they never miss an opportunity to win.

Aston Villa Lotto is powered by Lotto Network, a brand of leading lottery betting provider MyLotto24 Ltd, which funds and pays all prizes in full - meaning that Villa needn't worry about a thing.

This means that both the club and Villa in the Community will only ever benefit from Aston Villa Lotto - a real win-win situation for fans!

Every time you play Aston Villa Lotto you help to support the work of Villa in the Community.

Make sure you play now for your chance to win!

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Aston Villa Lotto
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »
There goes the summer transfer kitty.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »
Well I suppose we know at least some of the money will go to a cause based in Birmingham unlike the normal Cockney stitch-up lottery. I'll probably play.

Online Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:08:36 PM »
I don't understand how they can offer a jackpot of £21.4m - surely there aren't enough Villa fans to support that.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
I don't understand how they can offer a jackpot of £21.4m - surely there aren't enough Villa fans to support that.

It's probably linked in with other lotteries.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
As if watching Villa wasn't enough of a lottery

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »

It's probably linked in with other lotteries.

Looking on the site for the company who run it I'd guess that it's just a 'skin' of the 6/49 lottery which is the German state lottery.

I'd guess the bit about legends just means that each of the players listed is linked back to a number on there.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »

You'll find there are probably hundreds of lotteries all pooled together and playing for the same prize pot. The company which run this one will probably have lots of football clubs signed up. They will be paying Villa for the rights to use their brand and possibly a rev share.

That's how things like the hundreds of tackily branded bingo companies work, they and other bingo companies customers are all playing for the same pot. So you might have a bingo company with 100 customers advertising prizes in the millions.

It's also how The Health Lottery manages to run a "national" lottery when Camelot are the holders of the rights making them sole national lottery organisers - the Health Lottery (small print) is actually a grouping of hundreds of small, regional lotteries. Needless to say, Camelot are unimpressed.

Re the Villa connection, pretty much all online gambling games are actually based around the selection of random numbers, they then get skinned with some sort of theme to make them more visually appealing.

Re the cash, and knowing the sort of figures generated by this sort of thing, unless we got a chunk of cash upfront (highly unlikely) it'll be peanuts.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:18:03 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

You'll find there are probably hundreds of lotteries all pooled together and playing for the same prize pot. The company which run this one will probably have lots of football clubs signed up. They will be paying Villa for the rights to use their brand and possibly a rev share.

That's how things like the hundreds of tackily branded bingo companies work, they and other bingo companies customers are all playing for the same pot. So you might have a bingo company with 100 customers advertising prizes in the millions.

It's also how The Health Lottery manages to run a "national" lottery when Camelot are the holders of the rights making them sole national lottery organisers - the Health Lottery (small print) is actually a grouping of hundreds of small, regional lotteries. Needless to say, Camelot are unimpressed.

Re the Villa connection, pretty much all online gambling games are actually based around the selection of random numbers, they then get skinned with some sort of theme to make them more visually appealing.

Re the cash, and knowing the sort of figures generated by this sort of thing, unless we got a chunk of cash upfront (highly unlikely) it'll be peanuts.

Yep.

Whoever coined the term "mug punters" knew a thing or two about a thing a thing or two.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:19 PM »
"A tax on the poor, the stupid and the hopelessly deluded."

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
Good quote DW, and resoundingly apposite.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 12:13:32 AM »

You dopey so and so, jackpot is £21.4 pounds lol

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »

That just about sums me up.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »

Yep.

Whoever coined the term "mug punters" knew a thing or two about a thing a thing or two.
And another thing.......

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »

Lotteries have been super ceded as a tax on the poor by FOBTs.

I wrote the software for the FOBTs run by a bookie 8 years ago. At that time it was because they expected massive liberalisation of the gambling market - ie that you'd have them with very nigh max bets and winnings pretty much every where, airports, shops, pubs, the lot.

Then the legislation was hugely watered down, so it didn't happen, but fast forward to now and they're massive anyway.

There are only really two things which make me question the morals of working in the industry. One is the feeding of the FOBT addiction, the other is the whole bingo thing.

Strictly speaking, if you're going to waste your money playing FOBT or fixed odds games online, your best bet (other than not doing it) is to check the RTP (return to player) which legally has to be displayed before you start spunking your cash away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal