collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Supporters Trust  (Read 11905 times)

Offline eastie

Re: The Supporters Trust
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »
Thanks for the update  woody .

Offline Woody

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:01 PM »
Folks - a question for you:

For the annual subscription package of £5 (reduced from the previous £10), we went electronic to save on paper and printing cost so all communication will be by email. Paid members are entitled to vote/attendance to General Meetings, and have a democratic say in determining our stance on supporter issues.  We do have a discount offer on a certain Villa publication (that is offered to other supporter clubs).  We utilise the funds first as we have to pay the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) as we are a registered company and pay our membership subscription for services from Supporters Direct.  We would like to utilise then some funds to support grass roots football projects as part of our community objectives. 

Do you have any expectations for further benefits from the Trust?  Naturally we will work to expand our benefit offering over time but wanted to ensure that we are not misrepresenting anything.  The surge in membership has caught us on the hop, before we were ready with website and correct communications/offerings.

I'll also naturally sort out anyone on annual/ten year memberships who would be disadvantaged and start membership dates not at the point you paid and then not heard from us!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
I think regular communications would be the most important thing for me. 

Online Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »
Joined.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
Let me know if I can help out with any graphic or digital design stuff woody.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 10:25:43 PM »
I think regular communications would be the most important thing for me. 

Same here + action!

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »
I just want to change the name to The Villuminati and have some claret and blue robes.

Offline Woody

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 11:15:01 PM »
Mazrim - May need some nice gifs/jpegs for the new site when I've worked out how to set  it up on our new host!!

Pictures of fans etc also appreciated (with their permission)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
I've just imported my email and name is that enough?

Offline not3bad

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
Hi Woody

Just wondering if you're going to be doing anything in your LinkedIn feed?

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »

For the annual subscription package of £5 (reduced from the previous £10), we went electronic to save on paper and printing cost so all communication will be by email. Paid members are entitled to vote/attendance to General Meetings, and have a democratic say in determining our stance on supporter issues.  We do have a discount offer on a certain Villa publication (that is offered to other supporter clubs).  We utilise the funds first as we have to pay the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) as we are a registered company and pay our membership subscription for services from Supporters Direct.  We would like to utilise then some funds to support grass roots football projects as part of our community objectives. 

Do you have any expectations for further benefits from the Trust?  Naturally we will work to expand our benefit offering over time but wanted to ensure that we are not misrepresenting anything.  The surge in membership has caught us on the hop, before we were ready with website and correct communications/offerings.

I'll also naturally sort out anyone on annual/ten year memberships who would be disadvantaged and start membership dates not at the point you paid and then not heard from us!

The benefits should accrue from the trust achieving it's aims/objectives, rather than membership benefits per se in my opinion. 

Any residual money could perhaps be donated to the grass roots football initiatives you mention or affiliated charities, e.g. Acorns.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »
Got a polite apology yesterday. The shirt may no longer be available so please don't try and buy it.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 10:52:40 AM »
I might join or I might kill myself.   See what happens against Norwich.  A victory and I join the Trust a defeat and I call Samaritans.

A defeat and the Samaritans line will be engaged.

Online mrastonvilla

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2014, 10:59:51 AM »
Defeat and the Samaritans will have a booth set up in the Academy for the remainder of this seasons fixtures

Offline not3bad

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »

The benefits should accrue from the trust achieving it's aims/objectives, rather than membership benefits per se in my opinion. 

Any residual money could perhaps be donated to the grass roots football initiatives you mention or affiliated charities, e.g. Acorns.

This sounds good to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal