collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Transfer Speculation / Gossip  (Read 1092276 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Transfer Speculation / Gossip
« Reply #1350 on: June 04, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »
So we're having a meltdown over Senderos as well now?

I can't keep up with this

So, you're having a meltdown over people not rating a player now, are you?

I can't keep up with this.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1351 on: June 04, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »
My issue though is, where in that list do we sign someone to 'fit'; a starter means Clark and Okore fight it out for a place on the bench, I can't see either being happy with that and I think both have enoujgh about them that I want to see them play; a 4th choice means continuing the trend from last summerof buying squad filler rather than first teamers, which isn't really where we should be.

I'd much rather go with Vlaar and Okore as starters than waste wage money on the likes of Senderos, who aren't any better, and spend the money on a left back instead. There's a decent chance Vlaar, Okore, plus back up from Clark and Baker would be just about enough, whereas I can't see either Bennett or Luna cutting it at left back.

That's exactly what I mean (I wrote it really badly, I think I should've just gone to bed before posting that), if we spend on the central defence it needs to be someone who is instantly the best defender at the club, signing someone like Senderos as a starter just isn't worth it.  I could see the logic with Lescott, very good defender who can play well at LB as well.  That's the level we need to be looking at to sign a central defender.  Aside from that I still think our biggest problem in defence is tactical, we let teams get round the sides of us far too easily, once that happens you're always stretched and there will always be space for people in the box.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1352 on: June 04, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
When he was at Arsenal, Senderos was my favourite 'comedy' defender. The one who looked like he'd won a competition to be in the team.

I won't be laughing if he signs for us.

He was funny but not a patch on the master of comedy defending. Titus Bramble, even his name is funny.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #1353 on: June 04, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »
Senderos is shit but he's no Pascal Cygan.

I don't want us to sign him, although I'm not sure what the alternatives are. He's just about our level at the moment.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1354 on: June 04, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Senderos is pretty crap but a step up from Baker, who's definitely crap. If Okore, Vlaar or Clark were injured I'd much rather throw that bald, lumbering goon in to the team than him.

We aren't going to spend any money, we have Vlaar and Okore as main centre backs, we will not be spending meaningful money on another one to sit on the bench.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1355 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
If it keeps Baker and Clark further away from the first team, it's fine with me. I can't watch them any more.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #1356 on: June 04, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
If it keeps Baker and Clark further away from the first team, it's fine with me. I can't watch them any more.

"Please, dear Doc, I can't viddy them with mine glazzies no more! Show mercy!"

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1357 on: June 04, 2014, 10:39:18 PM »
If we get taken over, are Vlaar and Okore going to be the first ones replaced? Unlikely you would think. Would Senderos be a backup player for them anyhow? Probably. Is he better than Baker? Definitely. Does it improve our options at the back? Certainly. Would I have preferred Lescott? Of course, but then Vlaar or Okore may not have been dislodged easily by him based on his form last season.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1358 on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:10 AM »
Hoolihan will be in next. Cheap and cheerful.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1359 on: June 05, 2014, 12:02:30 AM »
Hoolihan will be in next. Cheap and cheerful.

He's good, though.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #1360 on: June 05, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »
I'd be very happy with Hoolahan. In fact, it'll feel like Christmas if we sign him, compared to how I feel at the moment. It feels like the first Monday in January.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1361 on: June 05, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
I'd be very happy with Hoolahan. In fact, it'll feel like Christmas if we sign him, compared to how I feel at the moment. It feels like the first Monday in January.

And it is raining.

And you've got a rat hanging off your foot.

We walked past Snappy Snaps the other day, I pointed out the location and made a rat comment as we passed, as I have done every single time we've walked past there since your amusing story.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #1362 on: June 05, 2014, 12:26:10 AM »

And it is raining.

And you've got a rat hanging off your foot.

We walked past Snappy Snaps the other day, I pointed out the location and made a rat comment as we passed, as I have done every single time we've walked past there since your amusing story.

Ha. I have to work opposite and re-live it every day. Still, not a single picture arose from that incident. Despite 30 or more people all taking videos, pictures, sketches etc. Who takes a picture like that and doesn't put it on the internet? Unbelievable.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1363 on: June 05, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »
I think even despite relegation, Norwich will make as sure as they can that Hoolahan ends up anywhere but here. At this point I'd welcome him to the club, but I suspect they'll play silly sods, and I'd hate us to chase him through another window and end up without a reasonable midfield signing again.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1364 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:02 AM »
Joey Barton in next :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal