collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - Retired  (Read 166887 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Gary Gardner
« Reply #705 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
It does feel like that. Estimate is that he's lost nearly three seasons to injury which is a ridiculous amount for someone in their mid 20s.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #706 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:59 PM »
His time was when he came back from Forest the first time having been good, then that coward from Swindon chopped him down in a pre season friendly and he has not got his mobility back. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #707 on: July 25, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »
The boys bought Mom and Dad Gardner a static caravan ....

It was only when I was told about our neighbours by the sales manager I put 2 and 2 together. The familiar chaps were Gary and Craig watching the game with their old man.

Anyhow, I ran into Daddy Gardner at the weekend. He reckons Gary is imminently due a pay rise and new contract.

And he was correct.
The static caravan is called Rudy.

It must have been a decent pay rise. Mom and Dad have some new decking.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #708 on: June 05, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »
For everyone thinking it’s all bad news at the minute.  Welcome back Gary Gardner.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2018, 11:14:33 PM »
Yes one of our own Gary Gards was nicely involved for the Villa goal v west ham.
He can show touches of intelligent play and whatever happens was super great for all that goal v blouse.

Oh GG what could have been . 26 now. An age where one must be established or have established themselves as to level of player .

Of course I think injury have severely stopped his potential as well as others being selected and trusted more.only  33 appearances at Villa from 2011 . 

I love it if he was able to step up and be a Henderson or something .
 Jack Wilshire is 26 . He has potential but does Gary .

So at 26 some of the world's best  is neymar, salah, son, eriksen, veratti, isco. I'm not saying Gardner was to be ever this high levels but the hat trick in nextgen Europe v ajax and him being joint top scorer in the junior champions league really had him as a one to develop.

Is it now or never for Gardner ?
Is on ontract to stay until 2020 these last 18 months have to be it?

Good luck to him whatever happens .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:17:24 PM by footyskillz »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2018, 11:22:50 PM »
Is that right? 33 appearances in 7 years?! How is he even still here? This tells you everything you need to know about why we are where we are right now.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #711 on: July 26, 2018, 11:32:58 PM »
Is that right? 33 appearances in 7 years?! How is he even still here? This tells you everything you need to know about why we are where we are right now.

I looked it up.
But yes seems the case
Taken over from Gabby as the Villa academy player that just hangs around 
Granted he goes out on loan and is not even touching the wage Gabby was on.
I don't know if can get anything other than a mil or 2 so wonder if he stays on til his contract runs out or loaned out till his contract runs out more likely .

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2018, 11:38:41 PM »

He's still here because we gave him a decent contract while he was recovering from injury, which certainly does tell you everything you need to know about the Villa now, yesterday and I hope tomorrow. Since then he's spent most of his time on loan so he's hardly been a drain on either our wage bill or the coaching staff

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #713 on: July 26, 2018, 11:46:57 PM »
ftp://

He's still here because we gave him a decent contract while he was recovering from injury, which certainly does tell you everything you need to know about the Villa now, yesterday and I hope tomorrow. Since then he's spent most of his time on loan so he's hardly been a drain on either our wage bill or the coaching staff

Looking after our own . Such a good point !
Can't imagine how tough it's been for Gards especially with his potential making it even more frustrating .

I like to think he would be looked after but also needs football so will be interesting to see how this window goes . I guess there's some room if he performs as it's shown that Bruce rewards those players and rightly so.

It's about opportunity .

And again getting an acknowledgement by the Villa and how they played fair with Gary is a tribute worth mentioning thanks never saw it that way ! 

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #714 on: July 26, 2018, 11:50:22 PM »
Another great reason why H &V and posters are so good , offering many decent insights . Also we do so well in variation and opinions ! Nice touch !!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #715 on: July 27, 2018, 12:19:54 AM »
His last contract was signed December 2016. It was because he was fit, playing and was said at the time that it was to give him some pay parity.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #716 on: July 27, 2018, 12:46:19 AM »
What I find frustrating is that he was playing fairly regularly, we gave him a new contract and then Bruce signed 3 central midfielders 1 window and 2 more the next, that's the lack of planning that sums up his approach to the game.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #717 on: July 27, 2018, 06:05:54 AM »
He is part of that Solihull football group who look after each other: Gardner brothers, Ridgewell,Bruce and his son, it’s got that stench of Nose about it unfortunately. He didn’t even ask for pay rise, didn’t justify one but SB said something like ‘it was fair as he wasn’t paid the same as the others’. Hmmm.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #718 on: July 27, 2018, 07:20:50 AM »
What I find frustrating is that he was playing fairly regularly, we gave him a new contract and then Bruce signed 3 central midfielders 1 window and 2 more the next, that's the lack of planning that sums up his approach to the game.

There's plenty to be frustrated about. Bruce signing players over Gary Gardner isn't one of them.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #719 on: July 27, 2018, 07:28:23 AM »
Giving him a new contract and then buying other midfielders is the point I took from Paul's post.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal