collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Pre-Match Thread  (Read 23656 times)

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

Re: Aston Villa v Sheffield United Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
Hope pl gives Benteke at least one half to get on the score sheet 2-0 Benteke Albrighton .......

Offline Damo70

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
Hope pl gives Benteke at least one half to get on the score sheet 2-0 Benteke Albrighton .......

I would like to see both Benteke and Weimann given a decent chance to get confidence boosting goals.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:30 PM »
If Lambert's got any brains he'll use this as a game to give some morale and maybe a goal to the out-of-forms, namely Benteke and Weimann. Saying that he really needs to give Helenius a game, and I'd like to see Gardner, Sylla, and Albrighton get a full game.

3-1 to the Villa, Benteke for two and Weimann for the third.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 10:44:20 PM »
Gardner has to start.

Offline supertom

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 11:41:36 PM »

I would like to see both Benteke and Weimann given a decent chance to get confidence boosting goals.

I'm torn on this issue. I think Benteke is still a little off 100% so I'd possibly rest him ahead of the Prem games. Likewise Weimann looks very jaded, not just in terms of form but he's running on empty at the moment.

I think Helenius needs to play. With Kozak out now, Helenius needs to be ready to step up to the plate if called upon. Get him in, hopefully he'll get a goal and it'll do him the world of good.
If we're struggling then we can bring Benteke off the bench perhaps.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »
Couldn't agree more supertom!
Get the Gladiator on!
UTV!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:08 AM »
Please read through the FA Cup thread for clarification.
Olly, there's nothing to see here in terms of what Lambert said. Nothing controversial and nothing that suggests he doesn't want to win it. Like every other PL manager he'll be making changes to the first choice side, both to give others a game and through injury. Storm in a teacup.
Apologies for letting off steam on this but I think you both know where've I stand when it ones to the FA cup.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 03:37:54 AM »
Steer
Lowton
Donacien
Clark
Luna
Sylla
Gardner
Albrighton
Tonev
Weimann
Helenius

Looks good to me.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:08 AM »
Steer
Lowton
Donacien
Clark
Luna
Sylla
Gardner
Albrighton
Tonev
Weimann
Helenius

Looks good to me.
If you want to get knocked out of the FA Cup

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 07:38:32 AM »
I've got an awful feeling we'll get knocked out.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
Off to meet some customers now. Think I might try telling them that I can't really be arsed with their account, it doesn't really matter to us and because of that we'll probably use untrained people who don't really know what they're doing. Honest but i wonder what my boss will say.  Unprofessional Lambert. We shouldn't be reading this before a competitive game whether it's honest or not.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
Off to meet some customers now. Think I might try telling them that I can't really be arsed with their account, it doesn't really matter to us and because of that we'll probably use untrained people who don't really know what they're doing. Honest but i wonder what my boss will say.  Unprofessional Lambert. We shouldn't be reading this before a competitive game whether it's honest or not.

A fairer analogy would be to ask how you would reply if a business journal asked you whether that customer's account would generally be regarded within your sector as being as important as one for a much bigger customer worth a lot more money.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:51 AM »
I think It necessarily is as it's unlikely that a journo would ask about a specific account but if asked are all accounts as important to us I would answer yes. All of our customers are important and we look to meet the differing needs of each of those to deliver the highest possible service.  Everyone knows the £1m accounts get more attention than the £5 order but it would be professional suicide to say that and I would expect to lose my job in the storm that followed.  We all know that the fa cup is not AS important but it still important because as others have said it is the only trophy we could win this year. What I wouldn't say is why would I bother with tiny accounts which won't help my bonus. Tell the industry readers that the only thing that mattered to me was how much money I earned for as long as I possibly could

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
Steer
Lowton Clark Baker Luna
KEA Sylla Gardner
Bowery Helenius Tonev

Is how I fear he will go based on comments.

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
3-1 villa. Benteke and weinmann with 1 each to boost there confidence and Gardner to get a 3rd

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal