collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sunderland v Aston Villa Match Thread  (Read 61819 times)

Online Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
Re: Sunderland v Aston Villa Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »
He clearly does not rate Gardner?  Another one of our youth 'talents' that has fallen by the wayside...

He's had two career-threatening injuries. Saying 'talents' like that is totally out of order.

I am well aware that he has had those injuries.  If he can't get on the bench even with our injuries, suspensions etc then clearly Lambert doesn't rate him.   There was nothing 'out of order' with my post.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »
@SAFCofficial: #safc team to play @AVFCOfficial: Mannone, Celustka, Bardsley, Diakite, Roberge, Cattermole (C), Ki, Colback, Ji, Giaccherini, Fletcher.
Without tempting fate that team looks truly shit.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
He clearly does not rate Gardner?  Another one of our youth 'talents' that has fallen by the wayside...

He's had two career-threatening injuries. Saying 'talents' like that is totally out of order.

I am well aware that he has had those injuries.  If he can't get on the bench even with our injuries, suspensions etc then clearly Lambert doesn't rate him.   There was nothing 'out of order' with my post.

Or, after being injured for months it's going to take some time for him to be back to the level of match fitness needed to play.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
Great news. But Lambo will be without the 'spine of the team/ strong players' excuse should the match not go well. Hope he does not need it, though. Come on, you Villa boys!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »

I disagree entirely. By putting talents in quotes you seemed to indicate that this was never the case, which as I pointed out was unfair given the injuries he's had.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:32:47 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »

It's entirely possible that given his current fitness level and with two key players returning he just didn't make the final 18. What objectionable in your post is that inverted commas around talent which to all suggests it's his talent you are questioning and ignoring the fact that his emergence as a key player has not been hampered by two very serious setbacks.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
Come on, fellas. Are the hangovers hurting? Let's start with a happy new year.

Online Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »

I disagree entirely. By putting talents in quotes you seemed to indicate that this was never the case, which as I pointed out was unfair given the injuries he's had.

I rate Gardner, I really do.  I am just surprised that Lambert cannot find a space for him on the bench given the current situ.  He may not be fully fit, but I would rather see him come on after 75 mins than Tonev.  Anyway, let's move on.  Come on villa!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
I think that's about out best side apart from baker (Clark).  Must win today and we should  have a good chance of doing so looking at that Sunderland team. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:39:46 PM by Rigadon »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but who is Donacien and how does anybody know how good he is?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
He's a defender. Very promising young talent.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:54 PM »
O'Shea & Brown both missing for them? Weak defence against Benteke, Gabby & Weimann. Changed my mind, a 1-2 win.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 02:42:38 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but who is Donacien and how does anybody know how good he is?

Donacien looked an outstanding talent in the youth team last season. Whether he's ready for the Premier League remains to be seen.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
McInally having to apologise on Sports Saturday because he keeps referring to Villa as 'we' when previewing the game.
Top man!

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »
I would rather Albrighton start than Andi
Seconded..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal