collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread  (Read 71895 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »
Embarassing just like last week thats 5 goals conceded all from shit defending in 2 games.It's EXACTLY like last season poor goals from poor defending.Benteke is playing poorly but it's clear to me the opposition of figured our tactics out are doubling up on him not even letting him flick the ball on.

Midfield lacks quality when Delph is not there not enough pace or strength.

Albrighton by far our best player today and what does that say ..

By my quick Calculations they brought on Young who they paid more for than our 11 out today ..that's the problem.Not enough investment ,cheap purchases on cheap wages to counteract the 150k ish we are still paying Hutton ,Given and Ireland !!!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
This really isn't about today, because that was just so predictable, but our problem is too many players who aren't good enough.

The problem with the "young, hungry players" thing is that too many people assume it's just like planting a seed - you stick it under the soil, wait a few months, and something starts growing.

It isn't. If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it.

The players have to have the promise to start with, and I'm afraid too many of ours do not. What on earth did he see, for example, in Luna? I thought Joe Bennett was abysmal last year, but Luna is every bit as bad.

KEA is an all fart and no shit player, swaggers around like he's some sort of mercurial creator, but almost always delivers the square root of feck all.

Defensively we have at times been more solid than last season but in terms of the bigger picture, we're really no better, as the middle and the front seem to have got worse.

I also think we need to be careful about this "we're currently mid table" thing, because unless we start to pick up some form and play a bit, we won't be there for very long.

We can play stonkingly average sides and play like we're some sort of plucky League One outfit out for a cup upset, we're that piss poor at times.

I've supported Lambert totally from the off, but now I am very worried. He has to get it sorted out, and quick. I don't want to hear him telling us how brilliant we are after every match - an opinion which usually seems directly the contrary to the truth - I want to actually see some consistent signs of improvement in the way we play, because the general trend seems to be that we're getting worse.

Offline supertom

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:36 PM »
I swear to god, Villa Park is like a rehab centre for teams with absolutely shit form. Seems the only team it doesn't cure are Aston fucking Villa. There should be some sort of match fixing probe it's that predictable.

They've lost two in 17. I wish we were in that absolutely shit form.

Their last two, to be fair. Which is kind of what form means...
Again they've not looked convincing, even in games they've won. They weren't exactly top drawer today either, but we made it so comfortable. Had they kept their foot on the gas we'd all be having the same pain we had after Chelsea tonked us 8-0.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »
The most predictable result and scoreline in the history of sport.

It tells us nothing we don't already know.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
This really isn't about today, because that was just so predictable, but our problem is too many players who aren't good enough.

The problem with the "young, hungry players" thing is that too many people assume it's just like planting a seed - you stick it under the soil, wait a few months, and something starts growing.

Exactly right.  It's as if all that's required is patience, when in reality what's required is quality, skill, and plenty of money.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »
I swear to god, Villa Park is like a rehab centre for teams with absolutely shit form. Seems the only team it doesn't cure are Aston fucking Villa. There should be some sort of match fixing probe it's that predictable.

Again they've not looked convincing, even in games they've won. They weren't exactly top drawer today either, but we made it so comfortable. Had they kept their foot on the gas we'd all be having the same pain we had after Chelsea tonked us 8-0.

It's also kind of missing the point.

It's not as if we've been impressive up till today. We haven't. We've looked extremely unconvincing since the first week of the season, even if we have ground out some results here and there.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
If he says we were brilliant, I'll be genuinely worried that he's completely delusional.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2013, 03:32:29 PM »
So we just got the result that most people predicted and yet my prediction is that it will somehow become the straw that broke the camel's back for many of exactly the same people who predicted it!

Off to do some work now,

Working on the Lord's Day! Tut tut!

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »

It's also kind of missing the point.

It's not as if we've been impressive up till today. We haven't. We've looked extremely unconvincing since the first week of the season, even if we have ground out some results here and there.

And that in essence is the issue, we've been playing really poorly for a long time now.

Offline ez

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »
Another home match without a goal,let alone a win. Says it all

In front of a sellout too. The home fans are being ripped off big style.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 03:35:27 PM »

Exactly right.  It's as if all that's required is patience, when in reality what's required is quality, skill, and plenty of money.

And a manager that knows what he's doing.

The players have to take a lot of the responsibility but they're not as bad as some are making out.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
Danny Baker's tortuous tweet about an analogy between Bob Dylan's backing band and Lambert's Lions just reveals he's a twat with no musical taste and no understanding of football. 

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
The frustrating thing is, it's not like we need a whole new team. We just need maybe two or three solid pros with real quality in key positions, and preferably some experience so that when things start getting hairy, the younger players have someone to look to and help them retain their composure. If we had a quicker, more physically dominant player in KEA's spot (with Westwood playing further forward), a solid left-back with good positional sense and another centre half in Vlaar's mould, we'd look miles better.

I'm all for signing and developing young players, but you can't do that alone. You have to strike a balance, and that means you need proven quality too.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
Baker and Luna are just really poor players.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »
Great to see Albrighton have such a good game, the rest of them, without exception, were rubbish.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal