collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread  (Read 71894 times)

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 03:23:16 PM »
A few of us just need to realise we're quite rubbish....

I do and it doesn't feel as bad as it used to. And when you're rubbish you can only get better....so here's to hope

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
I swear to god, Villa Park is like a rehab centre for teams with absolutely shit form. Seems the only team it doesn't cure are Aston fucking Villa. There should be some sort of match fixing probe it's that predictable.

They've lost two in 17. I wish we were in that absolutely shit form.

Surely they've lost to at least three I can think of - Albion, Everton, Newcastle?

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
Expected an awful 0-3 loss and it happened.  :(

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »
A bright opening 10 minutes then pretty much complete dross apart from Albrighton for the next 80.

Agreed. Man Utd won't have any easier games this season. We are an extremely poor footballing side. Mid-table? Bottom-half is a far more accurate definition.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
So we just got the result that most people predicted and yet my prediction is that it will somehow become the straw that broke the camel's back for many of exactly the same people who predicted it!

Off to do some work now, I'll come back and read the inevitable Lambert Out thread before commenting again.

Online Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
I swear to god, Villa Park is like a rehab centre for teams with absolutely shit form. Seems the only team it doesn't cure are Aston fucking Villa. There should be some sort of match fixing probe it's that predictable.

And yet still find themselves mid-table. Man United usually wouldn't settle for the McLeish play-for-the-draw style, just as we didn't.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
It's not the defeat, as much as the fact that we are consistently awful and there doesn't appear to be anything change that. Even with Delph and Vlaar we've still been awful, we've just been more solid.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:15 PM »
Once again I allowed myself to hope. At least we haven't answered any questions for Moyes, he'll have to waIt to play a team for that.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »
Another home match without a goal,let alone a win. Says it all

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

Surely they've lost to at least three I can think of - Albion, Everton, Newcastle?

Sorry, 2 of the last 16.

Offline supertom

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
The five game unbeaten run we had was more luck than judgement. The warning signs were there. You cannot play that poorly and keep on picking up results, particularly when you lose a key player. We've been convincingly beaten in the last two games. In truth Southampton probably should have turned us over too, but somehow with less than 30% possession and 3 shots on target, we won a game 3-2.

Our lucks run out now. This is the result of Lambert failing to identify and act on problems we've had pretty much the whole of this season so far. Ball retention is dire. No clear system. Many of the players aren't good enough. Vlaar has been a key player for us, but he's a player known for having a questionnable injury record. You have to accept that he's going to miss a month or two here and there each season. That we're so poor without him is down to Lambert.

I don't think Lambert has any nous at all. He's got to get a better team around him, or he'll end up getting turfed out eventually.

Make no mistakes though. We are fighting for survival again. We've seen in the last two seasons how missing key players can effect us.
There's too many players not pulling their weight, or simply not good enough. If we don't have a good January we'll struggle again.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »

Their last two, to be fair. Which is kind of what form means...

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
A few of us just need to realise we're quite rubbish....

I do and it doesn't feel as bad as it used to. And when you're rubbish you can only get better....so here's to hope

Im just worried that all the points we got (and didnt quite deserve), might convince the man with the money that we dont need to go shopping in January.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »
Our only player to make a positive impression today was Marc Albrighton, who couldn't get in the side last season and had been farmed out on loan this season.  Which is great for him and I'm pleased to see him doing well but it suggests there's not a whole lot of quality, form or confidence in our first team squad.  But the most important of those is quality: even if they were playing close to their best, it's questionable whether some of that squad are good enough.

I think Randy needs to have a good long think about whether the manager is getting the most out of the available resources, and whether those resources are sufficient in the first place.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
Even when we were shipping goals this time last year there was the feeling that if we could dig in and last the season out there were some really good youngsters in the squad with a big future at the club.

There has been little evidence of potential this last few months. It's no longer the hope that kills, it's the ineptitude.

The way out of the bottom of this particular barrel is for Lambert to manage Benteke out of his torpor. If he doesn't - or can't - it's not going to go well for either the manager or the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal