collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280047 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1560 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
I'd have Bree Hutton Elmo and whoever plays left back for the reserves next season - Taylor and RDL sold please

Perfect world I'd keep RDL and sell Elmo instead because that gives us a guy who covers the entire backline so we'd only then need to add a centre back as a starter and bring a couple of the kids through to have the depth we'd need. However RDL looks easier to move on and Bruce wouldn't sell Elmo so we'll probably end up needing to sign at least 2 more defenders to balance things out.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1561 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »
Wembley feels like 20 years ago now to me.
We are looking at a completely different world now in footy terms.
Not sure we need 11 Alan Huttons but right now we need a few more with his attitude.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1562 on: June 14, 2018, 06:49:58 PM »
Positive news at last, we need fighters with heart and that's what the Scottish Cafu brings, very pleased with this

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1563 on: June 14, 2018, 07:20:02 PM »
Positive news at last, we need fighters with heart and that's what the Scottish Cafu brings, very pleased with this

This. Welcome home TSC!

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1564 on: June 14, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
I'd have Bree Hutton Elmo and whoever plays left back for the reserves next season - Taylor and RDL sold please

Perfect world I'd keep RDL and sell Elmo instead because that gives us a guy who covers the entire backline so we'd only then need to add a centre back as a starter and bring a couple of the kids through to have the depth we'd need. However RDL looks easier to move on and Bruce wouldn't sell Elmo so we'll probably end up needing to sign at least 2 more defenders to balance things out.

RDL is pacey too , which the team has been missing a bit of pace

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #1565 on: June 14, 2018, 07:32:05 PM »
Wow! The guy's passion for our club really comes across in that interview. We need as much of that attitude around the squad as we can possibly get.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1566 on: June 14, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
You Mr Cafu, are most definitely fit to wear the shirt. 

Offline exigo

« Reply #1567 on: June 14, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »
Good news for this season. And hopefully good to have him in the dressing room as more kids come through.
Cowans will have given them the skill, the Scottish Cafu can give them the attitude.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1568 on: June 14, 2018, 08:27:47 PM »
Good news for this season. And hopefully good to have him in the dressing room as more kids come through.
Cowans will have given them the skill, the Scottish Cafu can give them the attitude.
Hopefully some one can work on positional sense.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1569 on: June 14, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »
Hopefully some one can work on positional sense.

He's coming 34. I can't see him suddenly discovering the art of defensive positioning or crossing the ball now

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1570 on: June 14, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »

I would rather have a player who's good in one position (and at this level, I think he is) than one who is ok but can play different positions. It's probably easier to bring kids through if there aren't players who can play in multiple positions, especially with Bruce in charge as I can imagine him sticking with favourites playing out of position than throwing kids in where he doesn't need to.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1571 on: June 14, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »

I would rather have a player who's good in one position (and at this level, I think he is) than one who is ok but can play different positions. It's probably easier to bring kids through if there aren't players who can play in multiple positions, especially with Bruce in charge as I can imagine him sticking with favourites playing out of position than throwing kids in where he doesn't need to.
Yep Bruce will go with tried and trusted old farts, it’s what Bruce does.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1572 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:30 PM »
Great news, he’s a goodun, I like him a lot. Great attitude and very good in this division.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1573 on: June 14, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »
I think as much as anything it’s good as a signal of positivity. It seems to indicate the squad won’t be completely destroyed.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1574 on: June 14, 2018, 10:28:45 PM »
Like him or not, he must have been given assurances on the future or the club and manager. I am glad he is staying.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal