collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:40:29 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Forge10
[Today at 08:38:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 08:37:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:37:32 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Skerra
[Today at 08:35:57 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 08:33:49 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[Today at 08:33:32 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Goldenballs
[Today at 08:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279932 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1455 on: June 10, 2018, 12:35:40 AM »
My abiding memory will be his walkabout for the Fulham goal.
Sadly

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1456 on: June 10, 2018, 01:05:29 AM »
My favourite current Villa player by a country mile. I hope we keep him.

Bree and Taylor are abject, Hutton and Elmo are adequate and have a good attitude. Keep Hutton and Elmo and move on Bree and Taylor methinks.
Bree will be a Premiership player within 3 years.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1457 on: June 10, 2018, 01:17:00 AM »
Not for me, we need to move on.  I'm fine with keeping a few experienced heads but not by giving new contracts to people.  He was better once we shifted him to left back because at that point he stopped trying to get forward. I think if we want to play 2 up front we can't have full backs who struggle in the opposition half so we should take this as a chance to pick up someone who can over lap and get crosses in early on that side, especially if we're building around Jedi or Whelan sitting in front of the centre backs.

Elmohamady, Bree, De Laet and Taylor all still have time left on their contracts, so unless we can sell a couple of them, I just can’t see how we will be able to offer Hutton anything if money is so short.  Left back needs sorting and if we have a very restricted budget then it would be ridiculous to have three senior right backs in the squad. 

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1458 on: June 10, 2018, 08:46:07 AM »
It does seem funny how we loaded that side of the pitch. Bree has to be the future now as he has potential and will be on a low wage.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1459 on: June 10, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
It does seem funny how we loaded that side of the pitch. Bree has to be the future now as he has potential and will be on a low wage.

Not sure he is ready for that just yet.  Ideally we would have two decent options either side, with the younger players providing support.  I think Neil Taylor’s confidence and form are shattered and we should maybe look at moving him on and bringing in a first choice option at left back.  If Hutton is to be re-signed then one of Elmohamady or De Laet has to go, or perhaps even both. A quartet of Elmohamady / De Laet, Hutton, Bree and a new left back would be about right. 

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1460 on: June 10, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
If we want to be a sustainable club, we have to be looking at the two reserves being young players.  We cannot afford to have 3 or 4 senior players filling the four positions.  It is also too short term thinking.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #1461 on: June 10, 2018, 04:07:30 PM »

Not sure he is ready for that just yet.  Ideally we would have two decent options either side, with the younger players providing support.  I think Neil Taylor’s confidence and form are shattered and we should maybe look at moving him on and bringing in a first choice option at left back.  If Hutton is to be re-signed then one of Elmohamady or De Laet has to go, or perhaps even both. A quartet of Elmohamady / De Laet, Hutton, Bree and a new left back would be about right. 

Bree was a first team regular in a Barnsley side who were around the top 6. Give him a run to gather his confidence and he will be able to do a job there.

Thinking all but the most proven players aren't good enough for us is what got us into this mess.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1462 on: June 10, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
Bree was a first team regular in a Barnsley side who were around the top 6. Give him a run to gather his confidence and he will be able to do a job there.

This all day long.

If Hutton was a great or even very good footballer i could understand the urge to give him a new contract, but he isn't is he ?

He's a trier, a good bloke but still one who's not given us value for money.

And if he was only earning 15k a week i'm a fitness instructor.

Time to move on.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1463 on: June 10, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »

Thinking all but the most proven players aren't good enough for us is what got us into this mess.

Agree about Bree, but he has frozen a bit when he has played at Villa Park, particularly against Brentford.  He’s still only young, so it might be worth him havin* another season as an understudy.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1464 on: June 10, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »

Time to move on.

The same could be said for Bruce.

As for Hutton, I do worry how losing Snodgrass, Terry and possibly Chester, we'll have very little leadership on the pitch. Hutton has always led by example, dragging us forward by the short and curlies to attack. For that he'll always have my appreciation and respect.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1465 on: June 10, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

Agree about Bree, but he has frozen a bit when he has played at Villa Park, particularly against Brentford.  He’s still only young, so it might be worth him havin* another season as an understudy.

Doesn't look like we're going to have that luxury. Get a good pre-season in and then he's going to have to step-up. The kids are going to be thrown into the limelight this season and they're going to have to grow up fast. It will be the making of some. Others will have to dust themselves off and 'go again'.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1466 on: June 10, 2018, 06:39:12 PM »

Time to move on.

As for Hutton, I do worry how losing Snodgrass, Terry and possibly Chester, we'll have very little leadership on the pitch. Hutton has always led by example, dragging us forward by the short and curlies to attack. For that he'll always have my appreciation and respect.

Time to move on.

Hutton looked pretty good last season in the championship because the championship is ,  to be fair pretty crap

He was awful in the Prem . 

But it shows how shit Bruce really did last season , crap league . good squad , still failed.

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1467 on: June 10, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »

Doesn't look like we're going to have that luxury. Get a good pre-season in and then he's going to have to step-up. The kids are going to be thrown into the limelight this season and they're going to have to grow up fast. It will be the making of some. Others will have to dust themselves off and 'go again'.

Completely agree with that. Players like Bree, Green and maybe even O'Hare are just going to have to sink or swim

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1468 on: June 10, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »

Hutton looked pretty good last season in the championship because the championship is ,  to be fair pretty crap

He was awful in the Prem . 

But it shows how shit Bruce really did last season , crap league . good squad , still failed.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1469 on: June 10, 2018, 06:41:46 PM »
Will anyone be able to find Hutton to discuss a new contract? He was nowhere to be seen as Cairney strolled into our area at Wembley.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal