collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:09:43 PM]

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280019 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1110 on: March 03, 2017, 09:15:50 PM »
I really struggle to understand why this "Hutton gives his all" myth persists among some supporters.  If his regular ambling back to his own half after another futile forage down the right is anything to go by he really really doesn't.

I've given up on that argument, in the last couple of weeks we've had a group on here who have complained over and over again about our top scorer but are praising a guy who has wasted more possession than any player I can think of because at least he runs a lot and has had a couple of performances that have been a bit better than the crap we normally see.

It's not just a group on here, if you attend games you will know that is a majority of the crowd too. He has won people over due to his attitude. In an era when we have have employed so many wasters and con men he stands out as somebody who plays like he gives a fuck. Lack of ability can be forgiven in a way that lack of application never can.

I also appreciate that when he was dreated like dirt by the club he didn't gripe to the papers or bad mouth the club.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1111 on: March 03, 2017, 10:52:23 PM »
I really struggle to understand why this "Hutton gives his all" myth persists among some supporters.  If his regular ambling back to his own half after another futile forage down the right is anything to go by he really really doesn't.

I've given up on that argument, in the last couple of weeks we've had a group on here who have complained over and over again about our top scorer but are praising a guy who has wasted more possession than any player I can think of because at least he runs a lot and has had a couple of performances that have been a bit better than the crap we normally see.

It's not just a group on here, if you attend games you will know that is a majority of the crowd too. He has won people over due to his attitude. In an era when we have have employed so many wasters and con men he stands out as somebody who plays like he gives a fuck. Lack of ability can be forgiven in a way that lack of application never can.

I wrote quite a while ago in response to your argument, Paul, that I considered Hutton to be a quite capable defender, but I was not so sure about his forward rampaging particularly if the the relevant midfielder does not slot back to cover. In fact, I maintain that we restored defensive solidity in the top division, admittedly at a cost to our attacking play, when Hutton and Aly Cissokho were brought back as full backs.

Somebody somewhere decided that full backs have the most time and space and therefore must provide the width for attacks, but I am skeptical in these matters, erring on the side of the iconoclasm. I further argue that Steve Bruce is not as dumb as a bag of spanners, nor he is set in his ways as often portrayed by his critics.  Ditto Fat Sam, who has been progressive in many respects.

If we brought in Wagner, nobody earning above £15,000 per week will go on his pre-season boot camp bondage session up the Brecon. You will say that is a straw man, but I raise you Alan Wicker by way of Eric Woodward. And Britt Eckland had a body double. 

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1112 on: March 03, 2017, 11:01:02 PM »
Personally I am pleased, he shows an exemplary attitude and is a good example for others. 

Same here.

Me too. Probably my favourite player at present.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1113 on: March 03, 2017, 11:12:02 PM »
Personally I am pleased, he shows an exemplary attitude and is a good example for others. 

Same here.

I love the Hutt, me.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1114 on: March 04, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »

I wrote quite a while ago in response to your argument, Paul, that I considered Hutton to be a quite capable defender, but I was not so sure about his forward rampaging particularly if the the relevant midfielder does not slot back to cover. In fact, I maintain that we restored defensive solidity in the top division, admittedly at a cost to our attacking play, when Hutton and Aly Cissokho were brought back as full backs.

Somebody somewhere decided that full backs have the most time and space and therefore must provide the width for attacks, but I am skeptical in these matters, erring on the side of the iconoclasm. I further argue that Steve Bruce is not as dumb as a bag of spanners, nor he is set in his ways as often portrayed by his critics.  Ditto Fat Sam, who has been progressive in many respects.

If we brought in Wagner, nobody earning above £15,000 per week will go on his pre-season boot camp bondage session up the Brecon. You will say that is a straw man, but I raise you Alan Wicker by way of Eric Woodward. And Britt Eckland had a body double. 

With the world burning around us, you're going to tell me those aren't Britt Eklands tits?

FFS.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1115 on: March 04, 2017, 01:09:25 AM »
Can't begin to tell you how distraught I was when the news fist broke all those years ago. Probably wasn't happy presenting them with a Scottish Highland accent.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1116 on: March 04, 2017, 01:24:17 AM »
How many other right-backs will he have faced down by his testimonial year in 2021.

They came, they saw. They couldn't oust the the wild boar of Pollockshaws.  He is indomitable.

Dreadful footballer though.

I had a theory that it's Hutton's shadowy hand behind our fall from grace, deliberately sabotaging us so we fade at the same rate as his limited prowesss, and he never has to leave.

He feasts on the bones of the vanquished.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #1117 on: March 04, 2017, 01:32:38 AM »

Same here.

Hallelujah. You try running all the way from the back over and over again match after match trying to find a fat little disinterested 4 ft tall fucker to whom to cross the ball. How he's not gone mental and nutted everyone during training at BMH is a testament to his dedication to the team.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #1118 on: March 04, 2017, 02:01:59 AM »
Alan Hutton is absolutely shit at football. He bombs forwards, rarely does fuck all, is extremely lazy and is caught out of position often and doesn't track back. Excuse me if I don't want him spending another 12 months milking the club for thousands of pounds a week, he deserves it because he didn't slag us off when we treated him like an idiot.

Offline J

« Reply #1119 on: March 04, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
You can accuse Hutton of many things, but being lazy isn't one of them.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1120 on: March 04, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »
I hope De Laet is going to come back ok from injury fully.

He is a  very good right back at championship level.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1121 on: March 04, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
Alan Hutton is absolutely shit at football. He bombs forwards, rarely does fuck all, is extremely lazy and is caught out of position often and doesn't track back. Excuse me if I don't want him spending another 12 months milking the club for thousands of pounds a week, he deserves it because he didn't slag us off when we treated him like an idiot.

Wow.

Hutton is one of our more consistent performers this term.  He has failings, they all do but lazyness as far as Hutton is concerned is not one of them. Hutton gives his all in every game.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1122 on: March 04, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
Bree serves his apprenticeship over the next 18 months and then becomes the best right back in the history of football. Hutton is ok, but, if we want to get promoted next season....

Offline frank black

« Reply #1123 on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »
You can tell over the past 3-4 games he has been playing to earn a contract and that there is some pressure from Bree.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1124 on: March 04, 2017, 11:33:43 AM »
What's he better at than Jedinak who's got some ridiculous stick on here over the last few months?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal