collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279970 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1065 on: March 03, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »
we must have more money than sense! it seems to me whenever player is coming to the end of his contract, suddenly he starts to play well (in Hutton's case Average for 5 games), he get his new pension contract and will then go back to his old ways of being crap!

This type of decision is why the club is in such a mess financially.  What does this statement say to Bree - you have joined us to sit on the bench for another season, he may well have stayed at Barnsley and got a move this summer.

Let him go and then at least I will stop hearing that stupid song being sung! and stop him nearly hitting me in the crowd with his crosses.

I would say this says to Bree that he will have to work hard to get the shirt off Hutton, which is right and proper, and he'll not just walk into the team.

And if you hadn't noticed, our players sometimes get things called 'injuries', which means they cannot play and a replacement is needed.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1066 on: March 03, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
How many right backs do we need??

Bree
Bacuna
De-Laet (next season)
Richards
& we must have a reserve team player who can play there if needed!

I Would rather pay the wages that we could save from letting Hutton go and get an experienced Goal Keeper in to the side next season

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1067 on: March 03, 2017, 12:05:55 PM »
I don't think we can let Hutton go.  From what Bruce said he has triggered a clause where he get's another year.

Offline ironmaidenmania

« Reply #1068 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »
Hutton deserves another year. He may not be the most talented player but he gives his all and has been the player in a couple of our games. Is Bree ready to step in and play for us? De Laet's injury is serious so will he be the same player he was? And he was signed by RDM so does Bruce rate him or will he try and get rid off him? If the latter then Hutton is needed.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #1069 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:56 PM »
I much rather get rid of Richards, who we're stuck with for another 2 years, than Hutton. How we do that is another matter

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1070 on: March 03, 2017, 12:18:46 PM »
How many right backs do we need??

Bree
Bacuna
De-Laet (next season)
Richards
& we must have a reserve team player who can play there if needed!

I Would rather pay the wages that we could save from letting Hutton go and get an experienced Goal Keeper in to the side next season

De Laet was pretty shit before his injury so no way would I want to have to rely on him after a season out. Of course if he does come back strong then that is a bonus.

Richards - You want to have him as one of our options?  seriously? 

Bacuna is more of a midfielder.  I'd be nervous going in to a huge season with Bree & Bacuna as our only viable options.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1071 on: March 03, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »
we must have more money than sense! it seems to me whenever player is coming to the end of his contract, suddenly he starts to play well (in Hutton's case Average for 5 games), he get his new pension contract and will then go back to his old ways of being crap!

This type of decision is why the club is in such a mess financially.  What does this statement say to Bree - you have joined us to sit on the bench for another season, he may well have stayed at Barnsley and got a move this summer.

Let him go and then at least I will stop hearing that stupid song being sung! and stop him nearly hitting me in the crowd with his crosses.

I would say this says to Bree that he will have to work hard to get the shirt off Hutton, which is right and proper, and he'll not just walk into the team.

And if you hadn't noticed, our players sometimes get things called 'injuries', which means they cannot play and a replacement is needed.

Actually Hutton doesn't get injured that much, he's quite reliable in that regard unlike many members of our squad.

I just see it as Bree was a regular at a team above us in the league so not sure he's come here to just bench warm and we will also have De Laet back in the mix next season.

I just think in terms of streamlining the squad we can let Hutton go.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1072 on: March 03, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Scary thing is Richards will still have 3 years left on his deal at the end of the season, no idea how we shift him.
No way, surely?!!

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1073 on: March 03, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »
Hutton would have to take a huge pay cut if he is staying on, surely? he's got to be on a decent whack still.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1074 on: March 03, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »

De Laet was pretty shit before his injury so no way would I want to have to rely on him after a season out.

Was he?  He only appeared 3 times and in the last of those 3, he was injured early.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1075 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »

De Laet was pretty shit before his injury so no way would I want to have to rely on him after a season out.

Was he?  He only appeared 3 times and in the last of those 3, he was injured early.
I think he may have played a few games for some other clubs before joining us.

« Reply #1076 on: March 03, 2017, 12:47:45 PM »

So, you are saying he was a bad purchase.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1077 on: March 03, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

So, you are saying he was a bad purchase.
That was certainly my opinion at the time, yes.  Of course I hope he gets fit and firing and proves me wrong.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1078 on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:43 PM »
I don't think we can let Hutton go.  From what Bruce said he has triggered a clause where he get's another year.

I just don't get this.  What kind of clause is that?  If it's simply a case of having to play in a certain number of games to be guaranteed a contract extension then whoever agreed such a contract needs a good kicking.

« Reply #1079 on: March 03, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »

I just don't get this.  What kind of clause is that?  If it's simply a case of having to play in a certain number of games to be guaranteed a contract extension then whoever agreed such a contract needs a good kicking.

Totally agree.  When you think we can move players on at the end of their contract, this pops up.

What hope is there for young players at this club. Great incentive.  We have to rebuild for the future and this does not help.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal