collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279959 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #1005 on: January 09, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »
He doesn't cost us, so he's better than some fo the crap we've got. But he's so 4/10 it's beyond belief.

He used to be really, really good at Rangers, Spurs for a little bit and then Sunderland. He doesn't seem to suffer from a lack of application or effort, managers like his attitude. How the f*ck did he become so shit?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1006 on: January 09, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
He doesn't cost us, so he's better than some fo the crap we've got. But he's so 4/10 it's beyond belief.

He used to be really, really good at Rangers, Spurs for a little bit and then Sunderland. He doesn't seem to suffer from a lack of application or effort, managers like his attitude. How the f*ck did he become so shit?

I remember him tearing down the wing for Rangers looking really good , hence spurs spent £8 - 9 million on him but he seems too go down blind alleys now ??

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1007 on: January 09, 2017, 07:05:24 PM »

He was crap at Spurs in the main though, did ok for Redknapp for a well ironically going forward. He made his name at Rangers under McLeish as an attacking full back, another irony perhaps. Was it Bruce that had him on loan at Sunderland?

To be fair, he started this season as fourth choice right back and now seems on course for another year's contract.

I remember him tearing down the wing for Rangers looking really good , hence spurs spent £8 - 9 million on him but he seems too go down blind alleys now ??

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #1008 on: January 09, 2017, 07:14:34 PM »
You might as well play a Jack Russell at right back - similar levels of effort, similar football brain and positioning but they look so much cuter.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:04:54 PM by markeeeebeeee2005 »

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #1009 on: January 13, 2017, 08:52:04 PM »
Fuck me, like asking which feels better? A kick in the nuts or thumb up your arse?

Have this horrible picture in my mind trying to work out which is which.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1010 on: January 14, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »
What happened to Micah Richards too?  Was once the future England captain, now nowhere near the first team and being kept out by Alan Hutton.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1011 on: January 14, 2017, 09:17:19 AM »
What happened to Micah Richards too?  Was once the future England captain, now nowhere near the first team and being kept out by Alan Hutton.

Injured

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1012 on: January 14, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
A problem Hutton has is his delivery in to the box . He has far too often been an out ball and the player to deliver a final ball and has failed.  We understand that hes a full back and defending is his primary concern but I can't be alone being completely and utterly at annoyance to his constant inability to play a cross into box

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1013 on: January 14, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »

Injured

That I didn't know or care says much

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1014 on: January 14, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
Fuck me, like asking which feels better? A kick in the nuts or thumb up your arse?

Have this horrible picture in my mind trying to work out which is which.

The male g spot is in  bum hole . So getting kicked in the nuts isn't pleasurable

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1015 on: January 14, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
So getting kicked in the nuts isn't pleasurable

But i'm sure we'd all take one rather than seeing Hutton or Richards at right back ever again

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1016 on: January 14, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
I don't think Hutton is as bad as some make out. I also think a decent midfield would aid our players measurably as too much attacking emphasis is placed upon our full backs and the occasional bolt out of the blue magical moments.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1017 on: January 15, 2017, 01:14:26 PM »

I genuinely don't think I can stomach watching another match with this bloke playing. He is APPALLING on every single level. And yet some still claim he's decent, i'm flabbergasted that he's managed to have a career this long with such poor skills.

There's a good reason the bloke always seems to have the freedom of the right side of the pitch, every team we play against know full well he can run up and down all day and not create them a single problem.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #1018 on: January 15, 2017, 01:50:44 PM »
I think that we have far more important issues to address than Alan Hutton.

It doesn't matter how good (or bad) his crosses are, if we are not prepared to commit bodies into the box.

Defensively, his positioning is not the best but at the level we're playing at, we are hardly likely to sign someone who is inch perfect throughout 90 minutes.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1019 on: January 15, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »

I genuinely don't think I can stomach watching another match with this bloke playing. He is APPALLING on every single level. And yet some still claim he's decent, i'm flabbergasted that he's managed to have a career this long with such poor skills.

There's a good reason the bloke always seems to have the freedom of the right side of the pitch, every team we play against know full well he can run up and down all day and not create them a single problem.

Probably our man of the match yesterday.  Okay  not saying much and I am no Alan Hutton fan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal