collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279926 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #960 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:33 PM »
he's probably as good if not better than most defenders in this league,
I know that's not saying much but our problems do not rest on his shoulders it's the non existent midfield and a inconsistent front line

How much possession does he waste though.  Especially when you consider that a lot of our play going forward is funnelled through him.

His concentration when the ball comes into our penalty area (especially from the left side) seems way off what is required and that is why I think he is beaten to the ball so many times.

He wastes a lot.  Nearly all of his crosses don't clear the first man and that ones that do tend to either go out for a goal kick or a throw in on the opposite side of the pitch.  Some of the passes he gives to Adomah are terrible as well and regularly put him in trouble.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #961 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »
There could easily be at least 1 more red card there as well, I remember him getting away with a few.

Online john2710

« Reply #962 on: January 02, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
If De Laet hadn't picked up hits injury Hutton wouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. Even RDM was able to spot, after a couple of games, that he wasn't good enough.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #963 on: January 02, 2017, 11:03:29 PM »
Is Hutton's contract up in the summer? Hopefully, De Laet is good and ready for us next season.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #964 on: January 02, 2017, 11:06:53 PM »
1. Right now Hutton is the only Villa player that will bring the ball forward. If he's so shite what are the other twats in the team scared of?

2. The world now realises Hutton couldn't cross the road so he roars forward then plays the ball back to the midfielder to put the ball into the box. Why don't they ever do it?

3. Is Hutton the new Gabby? There are plenty of players I dislike more than Hutton even though I acknowledge he's bloody limited.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #965 on: January 02, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
It's amazing to think someone once paid £9m for him - back when the transfer fees weren't as ridiculous as they are these days. He sums up the sort of players we've had to persevere with over the last few years.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #966 on: January 03, 2017, 08:11:23 AM »
Hutton is just crap. He doesn't pick and choose which bits of the game he'd like to participate in, like some. He gets stuck in, he's just not very good, and I can't dislike him for that.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #967 on: January 03, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »
Hutton is just crap. He doesn't pick and choose which bits of the game he'd like to participate in, like some. He gets stuck in, he's just not very good, and I can't dislike him for that.

It's all relative.  He's been less crap than a lot of his team mates over the last 3 years whilst at the same time being one of the hardest working players we have.  He may be limited, but at this level he is ok.  I just can't understand why he gets all the stick when we've had so may other under performers to chose from.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #968 on: January 03, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »
Can I just say I like Alan Hutton.. I've met him umpteen times up Solihull.. a nice geezer.
He tries hard too.. but you know what he treats the ball like it's a fuckin land mine.. his crossing ability is like that monkey with the uzi..
So no he isn't good enough.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #969 on: January 03, 2017, 08:55:30 AM »
My son was a mascot last year and as we were driving up we were joking about which player he would get paired with.

Naturally, aev Jnr got paired with Hutton. We got tonked by Everton and it was a miserable evening, but the one thing that cheered me up was that Hutton was by all accounts very chatty and friendly.

So thumbs up for being a nice bloke (unless you are his Dad), thumbs down for being pretty chod at football. He does try hard though.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #970 on: January 03, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
The absence of a world class right back is absolutely not the reason we're mid-table in Division 2.  After 5 or so seasons where we've suffered with a group of players which we're neither good enough, nor gave a shit about that fact, at least Hutton has the right attitude, despite Lambert giving him plenty of reason not to.

Oh, and in the all too brief view of De Laet I saw, he didn't look much better.  And he's a Premier League winning right back.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #971 on: January 03, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
The absence of a world class right back is absolutely not the reason we're mid-table in Division 2

It's not helping though is it ? I can rarely remember a right back getting as much of the ball as Hutton. And then doing the square root of fuck all, well apart from losing it with it.

He's a terrible terrible footballer. And all the effort and being a nice bloke off the pitch is going to change that.

Needs replacing, and quickly.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #972 on: January 03, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
The absence of a world class right back is absolutely not the reason we're mid-table in Division 2.  After 5 or so seasons where we've suffered with a group of players which we're neither good enough, nor gave a shit about that fact, at least Hutton has the right attitude, despite Lambert giving him plenty of reason not to.

Oh, and in the all too brief view of De Laet I saw, he didn't look much better.  And he's a Premier League winning right back.

We do not need a world class fullback. We need one that can do the job. He appears to put effort in but, as I have said before, his effort is put in on the easy bits, not the difficult.

We are coming up week after week with fullbacks that can get down the line and get dangerous crosses in. Surely it's not a lot to ask for the same.

Regarding your view on De Laet, that was a quick assessment.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #973 on: January 03, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
Leicester fans said De Laet is a great signing , we dont need world class , trippier class would do.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #974 on: January 03, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »
When the only compliment people have of Hutton is that he works hard it is the very definition of putting lipstick on a pig. Hutton is a pig of a footballer

🐷

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal