collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280039 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Alan Hutton
« Reply #885 on: November 07, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »
Get rid as soon as.

Cracking stuff

Hey Pete if you rate the guy fair enough. I don't and would like to see him out the door with that other waste of space Arsenal fan as soon as possible.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #886 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »
I've said it before and at the risk of being boring I'll say it again, I like Alan Hutton.  A great footballer he surely a'int, but he sure as hell doesn't lack effort.  There are a minimum of nine from last season that would do well to try and follow that example.

Agreed.
I'll add my name to this wacky line of thinking as well.

Me too. His attitude and professionalism given how he was treated for two years marks him out from many of his peers.

Offline tomd2103

Re: Alan Hutton retires
« Reply #887 on: November 07, 2016, 08:46:53 PM »
Hutton was the only one on Saturday who seemed to understand the 'head for the cornerflag with a couple of minutes left' tactic. The others were still heading towards the box and giving the ball away.

After Alan had managed waste a minute or so in the corner and was heading back down field, a few of us in the LTR gave him a warm round of applause.

Adomah did it aswell.

Don't get me wrong Hutton tries his best and gives 100% but if ever a player summed up our lack of quality at times it's him.

I think teams down here are now working out what prem teams did...allow him room to run down the right as his crosses are always overhit/out of play.

He's third choice right back for a mid-table Championship team. I think he can be excused for not being Carlos Alberto II.

Not many third choice right backs at Championship clubs have been transferred for £9m in their career.  He has a strange knack of looking poor against pretty much any level of opposition. 

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #888 on: November 07, 2016, 08:50:43 PM »
I've said it before and at the risk of being boring I'll say it again, I like Alan Hutton.  A great footballer he surely a'int, but he sure as hell doesn't lack effort.  There are a minimum of nine from last season that would do well to try and follow that example.

Agreed.
I'll add my name to this wacky line of thinking as well.

Me too. His attitude and professionalism given how he was treated for two years marks him out from many of his peers.

this

compare his attitude to richards, gabby and lescotj

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #889 on: November 07, 2016, 08:52:44 PM »
No complaints about his fitness or his attitude which are both very good but he's poor at pretty much everything else.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #890 on: November 07, 2016, 08:55:27 PM »
No complaints about his fitness or his attitude which are both very good but he's poor at pretty much everything else.

Even darts?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #891 on: November 07, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »
Is he really that bad?  He's played in all of the recent improved performances, and the defence as a whole has looked much better.  He's never going to be the best player at the club, but he surely isn't the worst.  Perfectly good enough for this season at least I'd argue.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #892 on: November 07, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »
He does his best and has done since he returned to team, surely that's all we can ask of a squad player.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #893 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
He does his best and has done since he returned to team, surely that's all we can ask of a squad player.

Unless his best isn't good enough

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #894 on: November 07, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »
bit dodgy positionally at times but he gets a pass with his crossing seeing as he is a full back and not a winger

bugger me we have players who cant take corners but he gets shit because he cant cross

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #895 on: November 07, 2016, 09:37:24 PM »
Is he really that bad?  He's played in all of the recent improved performances, and the defence as a whole has looked much better.  He's never going to be the best player at the club, but he surely isn't the worst.  Perfectly good enough for this season at least I'd argue.

Look at the error against the blues, look at all the crossing chances where he hits the crowd, watch him in a game and see how often he's standing still whilst his winger spins in behind him.  I agree he may not be the worst player at the club but he's only a couple of steps away from it at his very best.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #896 on: November 07, 2016, 10:17:04 PM »
Is he really that bad? He's played in all of the recent improved performances, and the defence as a whole has looked much better.  He's never going to be the best player at the club, but he surely isn't the worst.  Perfectly good enough for this season at least I'd argue.

I think the answer to that would be yes.  Shame that De Laet got injured as he looked like the solid option we need at full-back.  I would much rather have Bacuna at RB than Hutton in his absence. 

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #897 on: November 08, 2016, 12:24:44 AM »
Is he really that bad? He's played in all of the recent improved performances.

He also played in the loses against Wednesday, Luton and Preston. If we go on a Leeds type run with him in the team even i'll shut up.

The fact we've picked up 11 points from 15 is down to a hand full of players doing their jobs or their form improving.... Hutton isn't one of them.

I also remember when he came back into the team from the cold in 2014, people were saying exactly the same thing they are now. How long did that last... 4 or 5 games?

Obviously I don't want him to majorly fuck up when he's in the team but do I trust him to do a job from first to final whistle........... Hell no!!

Thank fuck it's his last year.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #898 on: November 08, 2016, 12:36:21 AM »
It's all good and well if he tries hard. He's a complete liability as a footballer. We need footballers who give effort not individuals that give the impression they have never played the game before.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #899 on: November 08, 2016, 01:04:14 AM »

Agreed. I'd rather he was playing on Friday too as I don't rate Paterson.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal