collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 280048 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Alan Hutton - new three year contract signed
« Reply #840 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:50 PM »
Hutton gets right under their skin because of that challenge that effectively ended Shane Long's career. Oh.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #841 on: March 04, 2015, 11:43:50 PM »
Still not a big Hutton fan.  Seeing him hobble down the wing attempting to cross the ball is just painful :-[ His best use is as a street fighter but sadly Football doesn't let him get away with that nowadays ;)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #842 on: March 04, 2015, 11:45:22 PM »
tbf (?) Hutton already has his foot raised to cushion the ball as it drops and Berahino runs towards him. Our Alan simply leaves his foot in place (to aid balance, obviously) and gives a gentle push in the direction of Berahino's wedding tackle.
Happens all the time.

McCauley wiping out Grealish when the ball was 10 yards away was ok though?
If we're gonna be picky we need to be picky about everything, not just the foot near the testicles stuff.
;-)

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #843 on: March 04, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »
I like him, he's been one of the only positives of our season and is a very solid full back. Prior to this season though I was not a fan of him. Fair play to him for knuckling down and just getting on with it when most fans and the manager had written him off.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2015, 12:11:28 AM »
Player of the year is between himself and Clark thus far

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2015, 06:39:34 AM »
He's been a revelation this season.  Yeah his temperament is a concern, but every team needs a hard/dirty Scottish bastard in it, and he's ours.

There is a difference between hard and dirty. Hutton is in the latter category.

Giving away that freekick alone could have cost us the game last night given the advantage they held over us at set piece time. Red card would have put us in huge trouble for the last few mins. Dont think that kind of idiotic behaviour should be applauded at all from any Villa player.

Spoiled his best display in ages for us last night in what has been a solid season for him.

Spot on. His yellow card alone means we're missing yet another defender through a needless suspension.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #846 on: March 05, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »
Player of the year is between himself and Clark thus far

Yep. Also file that statement under 'Things I never, ever thought would be the case. Ever.'

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #847 on: March 05, 2015, 09:48:04 AM »
Idiotic behaviour from an experienced player, should be able to control himself when the games are so critical for us.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »
He's been a revelation this season.  Yeah his temperament is a concern, but every team needs a hard/dirty Scottish bastard in it, and he's ours.

This

Yep, its a shame that Hutton isn't a central midfielder.

Offline supertom

« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
Idiotic behaviour from an experienced player, should be able to control himself when the games are so critical for us.

Players like that will never change. See also Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney. And even if they did, they'd probably be a lesser player because of it. The negative is that you have a player who'll miss games every season from suspension, but at the same time, I think most clubs do need a double hard bastard who shits up the opposition a bit. We in particular need someone like Hutton because the vast majority of our squad wouldn't be deemed butch enough for a chorus line.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #850 on: March 05, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »

Players like that will never change. See also Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney. And even if they did, they'd probably be a lesser player because of it. The negative is that you have a player who'll miss games every season from suspension, but at the same time, I think most clubs do need a double hard bastard who shits up the opposition a bit. We in particular need someone like Hutton because the vast majority of our squad wouldn't be deemed butch enough for a chorus line.

I understand that but it just seemed so bloody pointless

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #851 on: March 05, 2015, 11:43:06 AM »

I agree with all of that. It is a fine line between being hard and being dirty and one that players are bound to cross every now and then but it is a necessary part of the game when you are scrapping for league survival.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #852 on: March 05, 2015, 11:57:50 AM »
Whilst so many of our players have hidden this season, Hutton takes ownership. Every game he's given it his best. So many times he's tried through his ventures in attack to drag the team forward. I'd love to see him win Player of the Year.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #853 on: March 05, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
When we had a back four of Bennett, Baker, Clark, Lowton it was just too nice and timid, every game they got turned over, opposition strikers had no fear of that back line

We now know that at least 3 of them will probably go on and have good careers and have developed into decent defenders,
But that's why we need Hutton, I would hate Hutton if he played against us, he is a dirty player in my view, but he makes the difference , he takes no prisoners goes too far at times, but we need someone in the back 4 who will stand up and take no shit, and that's what he does,

I'm sure he has the fear factor as well, you can't tell me an opposition player will feel the same way about flying into a tackle with Hutton as they would with say Lowton or Westwood,

So we need a nasty player, not to many but just one or two that make sure no one takes advantage

Offline supertom

« Reply #854 on: March 05, 2015, 12:24:17 PM »

I understand that but it just seemed so bloody pointless
Well he certainly didn't need to go as far as trying to rid the world of Berahino offspring, but with players like that they're going to cross the line every now and again and no amount of fines, yellow, red cards or suspensions are likely to change that really.

That said if he gets himself sent off in the cup final after two minutes I will be monumentally pissed off with him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal