collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McCafu  (Read 279925 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Alan Hutton - new three year contract signed
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2014, 01:14:25 PM »
Cissokho is pure panic. He will get worse as the season goes on. Another typical left back Lambert signing.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #661 on: December 03, 2014, 01:16:49 PM »
Cissokho is pure panic. He will get worse as the season goes on. Another typical left back Lambert signing.

I thought he played well last night. Maybe my view in the stand was obstructed.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #662 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »
I thought Hutton was very solid last night and is basically a round peg in a round hole.

Cissokho is ok (but no more) defensively but looks flustered with the ball, almost panicked. We offer nothing down his flank.

Re Rudy's point above regarding Hutton being frozen out for financial reasons, I never got the club logic on this one. We were still paying his wages so he should have been used when needed.

Offline glasses

« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2014, 01:44:24 PM »

I thought he played well last night. Maybe my view in the stand was obstructed.
Or maybe you just have a different opinion and don't have to tug at that thread

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #664 on: December 03, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
There was a great moment at the end, when we under the cosh, he broke out of our box and kept going before winning us a throw halfway into their half.

I think I cheered it as much as the goal.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #665 on: December 03, 2014, 02:13:50 PM »
That was in front of the away fans as well. He got a song about him and he gave us a clap of acknowledgement.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #666 on: December 03, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »
For me, Hutton has been our player of the season so far. Consistently played well in a team playing badly. It really is quite astounding how badly he has been treated by the club and how we didnt even consider bringing him back during prev relegation battles

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #667 on: December 03, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
For me, Hutton has been our player of the season so far. Consistently played well in a team playing badly. It really is quite astounding how badly he has been treated by the club and how we didnt even consider bringing him back during prev relegation battles

Was Hutton one of those involved in the ruck with the bouncers at the fag end of McLeish's reign?

Not sure - it wouldn't have done him any favours.

Maybe some other things happened we aren't party to.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #668 on: December 03, 2014, 02:37:53 PM »
There was a great moment at the end, when we under the cosh, he broke out of our box and kept going before winning us a throw halfway into their half.

I think I cheered it as much as the goal.
A wonderful little moment that.
If only the rest of our players could show similar nous and composure, and realise that just hoofing the ball 40 yards upfield and putting us back under even more pressure is a stupid thing to do...and we'd be a better team all round.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #669 on: December 03, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »

Was Hutton one of those involved in the ruck with the bouncers at the fag end of McLeish's reign?

No, that was Herd wasn't it? If that's the incident you mean, err, Gatecrashergate.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #670 on: December 03, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
Was it Gardner & Herd?

Offline supertom

« Reply #671 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »

Was that the Herd incident? I think it was Collins you're thinking of. Delph was there too, but I think he and Collins were trying to calm Herdy down a bit.
It was a nothing incident really. Unless you are talking about something else I've forgotten about.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #672 on: December 03, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
Hutton looks far more composed to me than Cissokho does. Cissokho has a tendency to either look like he is panicking, or to actually panic. I'm far from convinced by him thus far.

The thing I like about Hutton is that he absolutely bombs forward at any opportunity, and when he does so, looks like a dog who has just been let off a lead in the park. Bless.

I find it worrying that when he does so, we tend to leave enough space behind him in which to hold a decent sized music festival, mind.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #673 on: December 03, 2014, 02:45:54 PM »

Was that the Herd incident? I think it was Collins you're thinking of. Delph was there too, but I think he and Collins were trying to calm Herdy down a bit.
It was a nothing incident really. Unless you are talking about something else I've forgotten about.

My mistake I think it was Collins I was thinking of.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #674 on: December 03, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »
Hutton looks far more composed to me than Cissokho does. Cissokho has a tendency to either look like he is panicking, or to actually panic. I'm far from convinced by him thus far.

The thing I like about Hutton is that he absolutely bombs forward at any opportunity, and when he does so, looks like a dog who has just been let off a lead in the park. Bless.

I find it worrying that when he does so, we tend to leave enough space behind him in which to hold a decent sized music festival, mind.
Love the analogy of the  dog in the park; made me smile.

Re the space behind, that is the MF responsibility: if the FB are our 'out' ball, then the fact that the midfielders are not covering is a coaching problem. Herd used to be excellent at covering for the attacking fullback when played as a midfielder: none of he current crop is doing it very well although I think Cleverley is beginning to get it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal